Sign in to follow this  
Kasanova King

Greta Van Fleet

Not sure if there's a thread about this band yet....relatively young band with some Zeppelin...AC/DC influences....decent sounding classic rock...

This is another of the many bands out there I wish I could like but I can’t. Clearly, they are talented kids, but they are not Zeppelin influenced... they are Zeppelin copies. The singer copies every aspect of Robert Plant, from the way he sings, to his stage moves, to the clothes he wears, and in the last video, apparently to his hair style. The song structures are basically identical, and as if that wasn’t enough, let’s throw in an extended, unnecessary drum solo for good measure. 

Look, I love Zeppelin, and I do think these kids are talented and sound good. That said, I hope they are in an identity crisis stage and that they come into their own. They have the skills for it, but it’s yet to be seen if they have the right formula. It’s not the 1970’s anymore. It’s not that that music should be buried, but it’s just not quite right out of context. I guess this band satisfies some people’s need for a long lost Zeppelin album that never was, but for me personally, I’ll leave Zeppelin to Zeppelin. I am looking for a newer, younger band with music you can tell will be timeless, but is fresh, and that has the potential for a 40-year career. All my rock stars are dying, and I need a new generation to keep me consuming music and attending concerts. 

These kids look like they are just out of high school, if that. If they are still around in 5 years, I’ll check then. Right now, they are trying too hard, which is completely understandable. I tried too hard in high school, too. Otherwise, they could probably make a decent living on the road as a quality Zeppelin tribute band. 

Edited by DirtyDeeds
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I like the songs I heard but have to agree with DD in that they sound like Led Zeppelin's kids started a band and raided Jimmy Page's demo archive..............

Sort of like Jason Bonham's Zep sound a like band when he was young....

GVF need to find their own identity as they are obviously talented but they won't be taken seriously if they continue down the Zep imitator road IMHO.....

That being said they are not the first to copy Led Zep..

remember these guys? the blow back they got for this song being a Zep rip off essentially ended their careers

Edited by classicrawker

10 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

They don't call them hair bands for nothing............:lol:

I meant the ones in the first post :lol: