Where is everyone??

On 09/12/2017 at 3:45 AM, SlashisGOD said:

Joining a new band, record is coming out in March on vinyl/cd through a German label and then we hit the road for a month. 

Cool! Do you have any stuff on YouTube/ SoundCloud?

Sounds like there is stuff going on then, I have been trying to get some vocals recorded for the past couple of weeks, but the workload that two children generate is fucking that right up. Maybe I'll be able to get some time in over Christmas....

5 hours ago, AslatIE said:

god modern technology is cool, recorded this in 15 minutes, the guitars and bass. it's shit but it's just a test ;) 

Amp sims are really handy to have around; I have tracked the guitars for my next song entirely on amp sims and will use the dry signal as an output for re-amping through my actual valve amp, then blend the three channels (amp sim, sm57 & rode nt2a) to create the final sound. Just need my family to go out so I can get my amp cranked.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AslatIE said:

I ain't no singer, sure as hell don't come close to Axl, but the general public seems to dislike instrumentals, so let's give this singing thing a shot.

I fucking hate my voice :lol: it's the crappy mic's fault!

Nice take on the solos! Sounds like you are singing in your speaking voice, sing it like you mean it! 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
16 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

Where/when can I buy this?

I'll have it out on iTunes, Amazon and Spotify as soon as I can get some time in to mix it; this version is all amp sims and the vocals aren't levelled properly. I have taken those amp sim tracks and re-amped them through my Marshall, so the finished result should be pretty sharp. Having two kids and a job that has a continental remit is killing my creative time at the moment, but I will get there!

Attempt #2 to embed this clip:

https://soundcloud.com/sound-of-a-gun/the-divide-preview

Edited by SoundOfAGun

3 hours ago, James Bond said:

Feel free to follow me on the Instagram for pictures/videos of my SG and Jubilee in action:

https://www.instagram.com/ryan.etherington/

I had created a second account to be the "public" one but I can't be arsed to update two so I no sooner deleted it. :lol:

Followed, love those Jubilees!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2017 at 3:53 AM, Jabberwocky said:

Haven't been doing anything as far as new music goes. I don't think my music fits in too good here LOL. I've been more wrapped up in filming my psychedelic horror webseries called Hearts Are Always Killed.

What kind of music are you writing?

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

What kind of music are you writing?

Oh boy, where to even start LOL. If anything I would call it fusion. Not like fusion in a jazz way but a fusion of genres. I like to do a more dark side of psychedelia but mix it in with shoegaze, no wave, and punkish experimentation. But at the same time I like to do vocal harmonies. The longest process to doing music is the actual lyric writing. Doing the music is a lot easier but I have more to pick from. My stuff has no percussion at all. It's just me, my guitar, a basic amp, and a Big Muff pedal. It's all rudimentary shit but I like the results I get out of it even if nobody buys my shit LOL.

Since Soundcloud is a pile of shit here is a link to my new stuff. There is older stuff I've done on Bandcamp from 2015 onward but it should give you an idea of where my head is.

https://jeffhill1.bandcamp.com/album/kyokos-doll

NOTE: I've been doing music since 92 and I've done electronic druggie ambiant stuff, grindcore, plunderphonics, noisy space music, etc. I don't like to be tied to just one thing.