SoundOfAGun

Where is everyone??

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Line 6 still makes some really cool stuff! The Helix is awesome

I don't doubt they have some neat stuff out there, it's just the one I used that sounded like muffled garbage. The clean channel wasn't bad, though.

Well, I'm almost finishing my pedalboard... Yeah... that one. I'm facing a bit of a crisis at my workplace right now so... I've got hooray for tolerance! priorities right now. mI'd love to share the results with ya.

• Like 1

On 09/12/2017 at 3:45 AM, SlashisGOD said:

Joining a new band, record is coming out in March on vinyl/cd through a German label and then we hit the road for a month. 

Cool! Do you have any stuff on YouTube/ SoundCloud?

Sounds like there is stuff going on then, I have been trying to get some vocals recorded for the past couple of weeks, but the workload that two children generate is fucking that right up. Maybe I'll be able to get some time in over Christmas....

5 hours ago, AslatIE said:

god modern technology is cool, recorded this in 15 minutes, the guitars and bass. it's shit but it's just a test ;) 

Amp sims are really handy to have around; I have tracked the guitars for my next song entirely on amp sims and will use the dry signal as an output for re-amping through my actual valve amp, then blend the three channels (amp sim, sm57 & rode nt2a) to create the final sound. Just need my family to go out so I can get my amp cranked.

• Like 1

I ain't no singer, sure as hell don't come close to Axl, but the general public seems to dislike instrumentals, so let's give this singing thing a shot.

I fucking hate my voice :lol: it's the crappy mic's fault!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AslatIE said:

I ain't no singer, sure as hell don't come close to Axl, but the general public seems to dislike instrumentals, so let's give this singing thing a shot.

I fucking hate my voice :lol: it's the crappy mic's fault!

Nice take on the solos! Sounds like you are singing in your speaking voice, sing it like you mean it! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Nice take on the solos! Sounds like you are singing in your speaking voice, sing it like you mean it! 

I just can't do it, so you'll have to bear with me :lol: 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

I just can't do it, so you'll have to bear with me :lol: 

Yes you can, I heard an Axl howl hiding in that vocal take at one point....:headbang:

• Like 1

Okay, I've been on high gear now, I've been doing nothing but record and mix this past week, I got two original songs down, and a bunch of covers. I'm just going to release a few of them, but I'm learning a lot right now and having a great time :D music is fun, yay!

On 11/24/2017 at 9:52 PM, AslatIE said:

Update: the lead singer fucking dropped out :lol: cunt

Update: New singer who's jaw dropping. Rehearsed today. Amazing voice.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

Where/when can I buy this?

I'll have it out on iTunes, Amazon and Spotify as soon as I can get some time in to mix it; this version is all amp sims and the vocals aren't levelled properly. I have taken those amp sim tracks and re-amped them through my Marshall, so the finished result should be pretty sharp. Having two kids and a job that has a continental remit is killing my creative time at the moment, but I will get there!

Attempt #2 to embed this clip:

https://soundcloud.com/sound-of-a-gun/the-divide-preview

Edited by SoundOfAGun