Where is everyone??

15 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

Oh boy, where to even start LOL. If anything I would call it fusion. Not like fusion in a jazz way but a fusion of genres. I like to do a more dark side of psychedelia but mix it in with shoegaze, no wave, and punkish experimentation. But at the same time I like to do vocal harmonies. The longest process to doing music is the actual lyric writing. Doing the music is a lot easier but I have more to pick from. My stuff has no percussion at all. It's just me, my guitar, a basic amp, and a Big Muff pedal. It's all rudimentary shit but I like the results I get out of it even if nobody buys my shit LOL.

Since Soundcloud is a pile of shit here is a link to my new stuff. There is older stuff I've done on Bandcamp from 2015 onward but it should give you an idea of where my head is.

https://jeffhill1.bandcamp.com/album/kyokos-doll

NOTE: I've been doing music since 92 and I've done electronic druggie ambiant stuff, grindcore, plunderphonics, noisy space music, etc. I don't like to be tied to just one thing.

Pretty sure your music just blew up my phone speaker😂 kyoko's doll.

Interesting that there's so much different music coming from people who listen to gnr.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2018 at 4:41 PM, Tom2112 said:

Pretty sure your music just blew up my phone speaker😂 kyoko's doll.

Interesting that there's so much different music coming from people who listen to gnr.

Yeah I forgot to give a fair warning LOL

There's alot of us on this forum so you'll always find people who are into way more stuff than GNR. If I must be honest, I like GNR but not anywhere near what alot of people here do. I got into GNR but also at the same time got into noise music, hardcore punk, post punk, industrial, electronic, experimental, rap. All of this stuff happened at the same time for me.

Anymore for me is that I've gotten into film making. Writing scripts, doing special effects (both CGI and practical) cinematography. sound design, and most important acting. Here's a 5 minute short film I did about a week or two ago. It's very simplistic. Done in shot reverse shot. It's something very close to me heart as far as the story goes.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

You seem to be on TV quite a bit! It might just be the recording, but I reckon you could get away with using less gain on your dirty sound. Nice Slash moves BTW!

It sounded better in person, but I think I dialed it to seven or something for no reason :lol: 

1 hour ago, AslatIE said:

they do, but i do need to crank it on the gibson, probably cause of the pcb board

In the guitar? I have seen photos of them, it is wrong IMO. I had my stock electrics gutted a couple of years ago - 2004 Standard, so no PCB - had Orange Drop caps, CTS pots and 50s style wiring fitted when I changed the pickups over to the Slash Seymour Duncan's. Still need to fit the stock Gibson ones into my Epiphone, they are Alnico V magnets so they will be a nice upgrade for it.

• Like 1

On 11.4.2018 at 12:36 AM, SoundOfAGun said:

In the guitar? I have seen photos of them, it is wrong IMO. I had my stock electrics gutted a couple of years ago - 2004 Standard, so no PCB - had Orange Drop caps, CTS pots and 50s style wiring fitted when I changed the pickups over to the Slash Seymour Duncan's. Still need to fit the stock Gibson ones into my Epiphone, they are Alnico V magnets so they will be a nice upgrade for it.

Honestly, I kinda like the board. There's not much, if any at all difference in tone, when it comes to 50s wiring and modern wiring. I put the pickup a little higher and it's, louder? I guess.

I like the board mainly due to the ease in pup changing. Soldering isn't an issue at all, done it before, but I don't have anything to solder with. But I'm perfectly happy with the pick ups and am not in a hurry to replace them.

2 hours ago, AslatIE said:

Honestly, I kinda like the board. There's not much, if any at all difference in tone, when it comes to 50s wiring and modern wiring. I put the pickup a little higher and it's, louder? I guess.

I like the board mainly due to the ease in pup changing. Soldering isn't an issue at all, done it before, but I don't have anything to solder with. But I'm perfectly happy with the pick ups and am not in a hurry to replace them.

Yeah, the wiring won't affect the tone; new pots made the volume and tone controls more usable for me, but I upgraded the electrics/wiring to have better quality components in my guitar, rather than to improve the tone. The new pickups I had in there sound less modern the stock Alnico Vs, but there is not much in it at all. 

I have heard mixed things about the PCBs and what you gain in not having to solder, you lose from not being able the change the pots. Seems like a cost cutting exercise by Gibson in a product that is meant to be premium. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...