Dizzy Reed - This Dont Look Like Vegas

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Wonder if the early 2018 release suggests that Guns will indeed be on down time until Europe?  

I would say yes because both Dizzy and Duff will release new music in early 2018.

I wonder if Axl will sing on one or two of those songs.

Is this the same solo album that he recorded in 2009 and mentioned in a 2011 interview "might be released"? Squishing All the Way, I believe he said it was called. If it is, then that's funny cause earlier today I was thinking about his comment from 2011 on that album and wondering to myself "I wonder if it really will be released someday."

Drinking aside, Slash has been busy. Not just on GN'R stuff either. He's also been working on material with Guns keyboard trumper Dizzy Reed. In fact, Reed has also been active, playing the odd show in LA clubs under the monicker of D-F-R (Dizzy F**kin' Reed), as well as penning solo stuff. 

"I've just been recording two of Dizzy's songs", beams Slash. "I'll play you one. It's only piano and acoustic guitar." He cues it up. "I heard it when we were on the road. 

"When we got really f**ked up, we'd party at Dizzy's room. He was like the sucker in the bunch - you know how there's one in every band?" he laughs. "We'd all party and charge it to Dizzy's mini-bar tab!

"It's really pretty", he says as the track comes to an end, and it is. A sad, evocative 'Sweet Child O' Mine' kind of feel.

[Slash interview, Kerrang, March '94]

Does anyone know what happened with the songs Slash talks about? Were they ever released? Just curious (I haven't followed Dizzy).

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Drinking aside, Slash has been busy. Not just on GN'R stuff either. He's also been working on material with Guns keyboard trumper Dizzy Reed. In fact, Reed has also been active, playing the odd show in LA clubs under the monicker of D-F-R (Dizzy F**kin' Reed), as well as penning solo stuff. 

"I've just been recording two of Dizzy's songs", beams Slash. "I'll play you one. It's only piano and acoustic guitar." He cues it up. "I heard it when we were on the road. 

"When we got really f**ked up, we'd party at Dizzy's room. He was like the sucker in the bunch - you know how there's one in every band?" he laughs. "We'd all party and charge it to Dizzy's mini-bar tab!

"It's really pretty", he says as the track comes to an end, and it is. A sad, evocative 'Sweet Child O' Mine' kind of feel.

[Slash interview, Kerrang, March '94]

Does anyone know what happened with the songs Slash talks about? Were they ever released? Just curious (I haven't followed Dizzy).

some things remain better unheard ;)

6 hours ago, Sosso said:

I don't get the hate for Dizzy by some people. :shrugs: 

I can only speak for myself but he was one of the reasons why I learned to play key instruments. 

But just because he was in the band right? Or was it some performance/song? I'm having a hard time grasping this, all I ever heard was people learning piano because of Axls playing, not Dizzys

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

You mean he didn't let Dizzy release them? I'm not sure, since Dizzy is in It's 5 O' Clock Somewhere. 

I believe it was something similar to what happened to Matt during the Five O' Clock tour and Dizzy was even more of a Axls bitch so...

12 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

But just because he was in the band right? Or was it some performance/song? I'm having a hard time grasping this, all I ever heard was people learning piano because of Axls playing, not Dizzys

No, not just because he was in the band. I also said “on of the reasons“ and not “the main reason“.

6 minutes ago, Sosso said:

No, not just because he was in the band. I also said “on of the reasons“ and not “the main reason“.

Yea I got that of course, but if not that, then what? I'm just curious because I don't hear about this everyday. My question remains unanswered lol, you just said what it was not and not what it was.:ph34r:

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

The songs fine and Im looking forward to more, but agree with  @MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle about the plinky piano tone.  Certainly unfortunate for a keyboardists solo album.  Also I personally dont care much for the intro.  Its almost like its a quick over view of how the song was conceived, like 'first we just had one guitar playing this riff and then we thought to beef it up and then the drums and then the piano and then we wrote lyrics.'  Way too many rock n roll songs are crafted this way lately, imo.  Give us a memorable intro or just start right into the verse.

12 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yea I got that of course, but if not that, then what? I'm just curious because I don't hear about this everyday. My question remains unanswered lol, you just said what it was not and not what it was.:ph34r:

His cover of David Bowie's song Ziggy Stardust, Street of Dreams, If the World, Prostitute, etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

His cover of David Bowie's song Ziggy Stardust, Street of Dreams, If the World, Prostitute, etc.

I'm not a piano player myself, but I never thought much of Dizzy as a piano/keyboard player. I'm sure he's good enough at what he does and to play in a rock n roll band, but what exactly is it that makes him so good or special if he influenced you to become a piano/keyboard player? Because I just listened to that Ziggy Stardust performance, and it sounds rather mediocre.

14 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Yes Dizzy! Finally!

Duff has new material? Are you talking about Walking Papers or something else?

He has new material with two bands: Levee Walkers and Walking Papers.  Don't ask me what's up with all this 'walking'. :lol:  Walking Papers' music sounds the most promising.