Discussion: The real reason why UYI is largely ignored at the current tour

It all goes back to the rerecording of Appetite for Destruction in the late 90's. The then-new band rehearsed all the songs they wanted to play in a live set. AfD and CD would both be the core of the setlists at the concerts in 2001 and 2002, rounded up by some covers (KOHD, LALD).

It was only because of Bumblefoot and Slash that they added some deep cuts from those albums.

It's basically the same kind of show as in 2001, just with a different line-up and a couple of deep cuts.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

I don't really think it's as ignored as people make it sound on the forum, there's usually 7- 8 songs from the albums being played a night which is on par with Appetite and is more than what they play off of Chinese. If you include LALD and KOHD as UYI then that's 9-10 songs a night :shrugs:

• Like 3

Double Talkin' Jive, Estranged, November Rain, KOHD, LALD, Civil War, Yesterdays, YCBM, Coma, and Don't Cry

10 songs out of 33 of the last show are Illusion cuts, I know we as GNR fans want the hardcore deep cuts and all, but I think the Illusions are fairly well represented

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Maybe they are reserving those for later if they really want to drag the tour on for much longer. That's what's happening with the CD stuff at the moment. I'm sure we will see stuff like IRS before this tour is over.

IRS would be awesome.  But I wont be satisfied until I hear Riad.  Don't care what you all think, this line-up would make it sound incredible - imagine Duff in charge of that bass line???  Slash on the solo?  And Axl won't be ahhhhh-ahhhhhhing all over the intro because he's not capable of that anymore so it'd be all good.  I promise.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

IRS would be awesome.  But I wont be satisfied until I hear Riad.  Don't care what you all think, this line-up would make it sound incredible - imagine Duff in charge of that bass line???  Slash on the solo?  And Axl won't be ahhhhh-ahhhhhhing all over the intro because he's not capable of that anymore so it'd be all good.  I promise.  :thumbsup:

Scraped or bust 

• Confused 1

i think it has a lot more to do with how little time the band members and especially management had to work on a new set list once the wheels were set in motion... yeah they had quite awhile but im guessing that contracts, promotions, merch etc. all took precedence over a new set list so basically just copy-paste the existing setlist with a few minor changes and voila... i also think that with all these side projects everyones got goin on that its still on the back burner. and personally if axl slash and duff had time to sit down and write a new set list, id prefer they be writting fresh material

GN'R have told their fair share of fibs yet was there a more blatant one than the, ''we don't use setlists''? I think Ashba or Fortus used that chestnut on a few occasions. Fans have even taken photos of actual setlists from the venues played and posted them online haha.

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

My personal wish is Breakdown. I’m probably the biggest fan of that song on the forum...if Coma and Prostitue can come back from the dead then I’d pray Breakdown could as well.

I'm not sure I'd want to hear breakdown in falsetto 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Double Talkin' Jive, Estranged, November Rain, KOHD, LALD, Civil War, Yesterdays, YCBM, Coma, and Don't Cry

10 songs out of 33 of the last show are Illusion cuts, I know we as GNR fans want the hardcore deep cuts and all, but I think the Illusions are fairly well represented

disagree outrageously and you are wrong -  if you missed 91 u missed gnr in every letter of the alphabet those deep cuts with axls resonating voice on UYI is the ultimate holy grail along with izzys noticeable presence which becomes noticeably absent after with the 10 out of 33 

its like this time axl is more in tune with burrying UYI now as he was in 91 with burying appetite 

whats more funny is how small gnrs catalogue is in that the neglected tunes of UYI are the only remaining source of any real deep cuts period other than a couple danglers on lies 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sosso said:

It all goes back to the rerecording of Appetite for Destruction in the late 90's. The then-new band rehearsed all the songs they wanted to play in a live set. AfD and CD would both be the core of the setlists at the concerts in 2001 and 2002, rounded up by some covers (KOHD, LALD).

It was only because of Bumblefoot and Slash that they added some deep cuts from those albums.

It's basically the same kind of show as in 2001, just with a different line-up and a couple of deep cuts.

one of the most intelligent posts ever written here

this is the truth yall 

axl couldn't get away with feeding brainwash music 

slash got coma 

bumblefoot pressed for estranged 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

My personal wish is Breakdown. I’m probably the biggest fan of that song on the forum...if Coma and Prostitue can come back from the dead then I’d pray Breakdown could as well.

You've got a strong contender for that title in ME. Love that freaking song. One of their most underrated and generally unknown by the average fan:

• Like 1