I think that this would be the most realistic line-up:

Lead guitar: Angus Young

Rhythm guitar: Stevie Young

Vocals: Axl 

Bass guitar: Mark Evans

Drums: Chris Slade / Simon Wright 

Edited by Sosso

11 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Probably exactly what you just posted- give or take a bass player because at this point even though you may be right, it’s still speculation.

You have to keep in mind that Axl is the first "external" musician since the late 80's / early 90's. Every other musician they hired since then was either a former band member (Phil Rudd in 1994, Chris Slade in 2015) or part of the family (Stevie Young in 2014).

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

You have to keep in mind that Axl is the first "external" musician since the late 80's / early 90's. Every other musician they hired since then was either a former band member (Phil Rudd in 1994, Chris Slade in 2015) or part of the family (Stevie Young in 2014).

Very true, an exact reason why they would hire someone they already have worked with.

I'm in 100% agreement. They're going to go with veterans from their various band eras (if the band continues at all). I wouldn't even count out Phil Rudd if he's got his shit together now. And a return of Brian is not completely out of the question, it sounds like to me. The most authentic possible lineup at this point would be:

Vocals: Brian Johnson

Lead Guitar: Angus Young

Rhythm Guitar: Stevie Young

Bass: Mark Evans

Drums: Phil Rudd

That would be a very acceptable version of the band. Nobody could criticize them for not really being AC/DC if that was the case. However, I do think it is more likely the band will either cease to exist or will be Axl, Angus, Stevie, Mark or somebody, and probably Chris Slade. 

It seems Gn'R and AC/DC continue to grow a closer relationship. I wouldn't be opposed to an AC/DC-Gn'R hybrid including Axl and Duff, regardless of what they called it. 

Yeah, I don't see Mark being in the band again anytime soon.I remember reading an interview with asn Australian music mag in the mid ninties and the band and Mark were never close. According to Angus Mark was using AC/DC to be a popstar which was never the rest of the bands deal so they got rid of him. Did Cliff have kids at all?

Edited by Sydney Fan

Angus MUST bring Phil back if he really wants to do this with Axl as a permanent member. What he had last year was basically Axl joining and helping to end the tour.

But this is something different. They need a really strong and legitimate lineup if they want Axl...

Axl, Angus, Stevie, Mark and Phil would be the best option IMO

46 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Angus MUST bring Phil back if he really wants to do this with Axl as a permanent member. What he had last year was basically Axl joining and helping to end the tour.

But this is something different. They need a really strong and legitimate lineup if they want Axl...

No love for Chris? I think that he is the best drummer for AC/DC now.

Edited by Sosso

3 minutes ago, Sosso said:

No love for Chris? I think that he is the best drummer for AC/DC now.

No! I love Chris, but I'm talking about legitimacy. I think that you need as most original members as you can, if you want to keep Axl as the singer. Diehards won't accept it as ACDC, maybe with Phil they do.

There were rumours about Duff becoming the bass player, now imagine if that happens... that would be as much as ACDC as any nuGNR lineup

1 minute ago, GNRfanMILO said:

No! I love Chris, but I'm talking about legitimacy. I think that you need as most original members as you can, if you want to keep Axl as the singer. Diehards won't accept it as ACDC, maybe with Phil they do.

I think that he deserves a second album with AC/DC. It was pretty nasty how he was sacked prior to the release of Ballbreaker.

3 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

There were rumours about Duff becoming the bass player, now imagine if that happens... that would be as much as ACDC as any nuGNR lineup

He would also be much to tall for the band :lol:

• Haha 1

With the death of Malcolm I really can't see Angus's heart being in it. I would be surprised if he wanted to continue with ACDC tbh. He always used to talk about how Malcolm was the one he would always seek approval approval from the most in regards to songwriting. It seems he really was a huge influence on Angus the whole way through his life.  I know for the last album Malcolm wasn't present but he was still around in spirit I guess.

3 minutes ago, blackrose87 said:

With the death of Malcolm I really can't see Angus's heart being in it. I would be surprised if he wanted to continue with ACDC tbh. He always used to talk about how Malcolm was the one he would always seek approval approval from the most in regards to songwriting. It seems he really was a huge influence on Angus the whole way through his life.  I know for the last album Malcolm wasn't present but he was still around in spirit I guess.

I could imagine a tribute album for George and Malcolm. 

It was also Malcolm himself who said: The show must go on. Even without him.

Edited by Sosso

8 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

After the crap that phil got into and almost going to jail and effectively leaving ac/dc hanging angus would have let him go. Add to that phil criticising axl in the press before he did one date and then later back pedalled phil is a steven adler, a loose cannon. You piss off the young brothers and theres no second chance. Angus would rather take chris slade   then deal with phils crap.

13 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

After the crap that phil got into and almost going to jail and effectively leaving ac/dc hanging angus would have let him go. Add to that phil criticising axl in the press before he did one date and then later back pedalled phil is a steven adler, a loose cannon. You piss off the young brothers and theres no second chance. Angus would rather take chris slade   then deal with phils crap.

I get you, but Angus probably knows how to handle Phil. He’s worked with him for decades. Phil is the drummer on every AC/DC setlist staple except Thunderstruck. He may still be able to come back. 

1 minute ago, DirtyDeeds said:

I get you, but Angus probably knows how to handle Phil. He’s worked with him for decades. Phil is the drummer on every AC/DC setlist staple except Thunderstruck. He may still be able to come back. 

That would be like a slap in the face for Chris. Hired and fired for a second time. 

On 12/2/2017 at 5:39 PM, DirtyDeeds said:

Brian seemed rather slapped in the face. I just wouldn’t count it out. I love the Young brothers, but I feel like they are fairly ruthless. 

Indeed, they are. The creative control was always in the hands of the Young's. That's why the bassists and the drummers never got any got any songwriting credits for example.  

Edited by Sosso

On 2017-12-01 at 2:16 PM, blackrose87 said:

Angus said he relied heavily on Stevie to help guide him through Rock Or Bust. They credited Malcolm for the songwriting because I would assume a lot of those riffs came from unused ideas but it seems it was a joint effort of Angus, Stevie, and Brenden O'Brien who bashed the album into shape. I see no reason why Angus wouldn't take that approach again. Malcolm's spirit and workmanship will no doubt live on in Angus and if anything I see it pushing him to want to do another album sooner. Do it all while he still can because if nothing else he's learned how short life can be.

Chris Slade will simply be too old. Not too old to play on an album but I just don`t think he can handle a long world tour. Forget about Simon Wright. And Mark Evans will never even talk with Angus again, ever. He is now in this Rose Tattoo band.

Remember there was a rumor earlier this year that a new bass player was allready hired.

Another rumor was that there was an audition for a new bass or drum player in NYC when Angus visited Axl at the Guns`n`Roses show in Madison Square Garden.