Discussion: What's the most realistic line-up for a new AC/DC album

Sosso

19 minutes ago, shocker said:

Remember there was a rumor earlier this year that a new bass player was allready hired.

Another rumor was that there was an audition for a new bass or drum player in NYC when Angus visited Axl at the Guns`n`Roses show in Madison Square Garden.

Can you give me a source for both rumours? Thanks.

The first rumor about the bass player started when early this year when Angus played with Guns`n`Roses in Sydney. I guy who call himself SoloDallas posted this at his facebook page. SoloDallas visited the band in the studio in Vancouver when they recorded Rock or Bust and he has been backsatge on several shows during Rock or Bust Tour. But he deleted his post later.

I gotta dig to find the source for the second rumor. But Angus was pictured with a guy who used to design their album covers. I will find this picture and and then I will also find the source for the audition rumor.

But it was a rumor and I got no evidence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

SoloDallas is reliable enough - he built Angus' wireless unit (the Schaefer replica) and has met him several times.

But does that mean that he is able to fill the spot of the bassist? I would like to see him as the engineer for Mark 

5 minutes ago, Sosso said:

But does that mean that he is able to fill the spot of the bassist? I would like to see him as the engineer for Mark 

Forget Mark Evans. He was kicked out of the band after a fight with Angus. He was also in some lawsuit against the band (wich he apparently won) because the band only gave him a few bucks and a flight ticket to Australia after he was fired.

Mark Evans can`t even sing backing vocals either.

1 minute ago, shocker said:

Forget Mark Evans. He was kicked out of the band after a fight with Angus. He was also in some lawsuit against the band (wich he apparently won) because the band only gave him a few bucks and a flight ticket to Australia after he was fired.

Mark Evans can`t even sing backing vocals either.

The other guys in the band weren't world class backing vocalists either lol. That's why they never performed some of the songs from HTH live

5 minutes ago, Sosso said:

The other guys in the band weren't world class backing vocalists either lol. That's why they never performed some of the songs from HTH live

This is very true. Stevie Young is not a good singer either. That`s makes it even more important that the next bass player can sing.

On 12/1/2017 at 8:16 PM, blackrose87 said:

With the death of Malcolm I really can't see Angus's heart being in it. I would be surprised if he wanted to continue with ACDC tbh. He always used to talk about how Malcolm was the one he would always seek approval approval from the most in regards to songwriting. It seems he really was a huge influence on Angus the whole way through his life.  I know for the last album Malcolm wasn't present but he was still around in spirit I guess.

Angus has lost two brothers in just a few weeks. Do you think that will hold him back?

I promise you NOT! Remember that the Back in Black album is all about facing adversity.

Now he also got a new friend in Axl and they are both hungry to make new music.

3 hours ago, Sosso said:

I didn't realize that he was the rumoured bassist, I thought it was meant that SoloDallas started the rumour so I meant he was a reliable source.

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

I didn't realize that he was the rumoured bassist, I thought it was meant that SoloDallas started the rumour so I meant he was a reliable source.

Yes of course. SoloDallas posted on his facebook that a new bass player was hired but he deleted the post later when the rumor was out.

SoloDallas is a fantastic guitar player but I`ve never heard him play bass. I don`t even know if he even play in a band, LOL!

• Like 1

On 28-11-2017 at 6:24 PM, Sosso said:

I think that this would be the most realistic line-up:

Lead guitar: Angus Young

Rhythm guitar: Stevie Young

Vocals: Axl 

Bass guitar: Mark Evans

Drums: Chris Slade / Simon Wright 

Honestly, there shouldn't be another AC/DC album.

I don`t want to speculate more about the drummer and the bass player because I think we`ll hear something early next year.

But when they asked Phil Rudd earlier this year if he tought he would play with Angus again he mentioned that there could be another Young family member in training.

Angus has a unkown nephew in Australia, James Young who played drums in The Poor, a unkown aussie rock band.

The Poor opened for AC∕DC in Minneapolis in 96 Ballbreaker Tour.

4 hours ago, Majestic Beast said:

If Angus decide to continue,then this is disrespect to the history of the band,the fans and to the lost brothers.If he want to do another project with Axl and a band will play stuff from AC/DC and new stuff with Axl,that's the only way to continue.

Malcolm wanted the band to continue without him. The way I see it, Angus should continue to honor his brothers.

On 12/15/2017 at 9:26 AM, shocker said:

Malcolm wanted the band to continue without him. The way I see it, Angus should continue to honor his brothers.

It's not the best decision,original line up screwed up,bassist left,brian can't sing,nephew,angus,axl and slade are making a tribute band,may good but never gonna be the same.:max:

On 12/12/2017 at 1:12 PM, shocker said:

Angus has lost two brothers in just a few weeks. Do you think that will hold him back?

I promise you NOT! Remember that the Back in Black album is all about facing adversity.

Now he also got a new friend in Axl and they are both hungry to make new music.

LOL at thinking Axl is hungry to make new music the guy who has put out one album in 20 years. 

On 18.12.2017 at 6:07 PM, Majestic Beast said:

It's not the best decision,original line up screwed up,bassist left,brian can't sing,nephew,angus,axl and slade are making a tribute band,may good but never gonna be the same.:max:

Neither Scott, Johnson, Williams or Rudd were “original members“. It means that only 2/5 of the Highway to Hell and Back in Black line-ups could be considered as “original“.

Edited by Sosso