Discussion: What's the most realistic line-up for a new AC/DC album

Sosso

• 5 months later...
On 11/30/2017 at 10:35 PM, Sosso said:

Angus doesn't have much of a choice. I can't really see Ross Malcolm Young on bass...

Angus has lots of choice its a big family. his name sake aka another young named angus even plays guitar.

don't expect another AC/DC album until 2020.  in 27 years AC/DC has released 4 albums not as bad as GNR but releases are 6 to 8 years apart since 1997. axl is not even in the band and may never be in the band.

rudd and mark will never be in AC/DC as long as Angus is alive.

AC/DC use a photo and a curtain and don't give any news. they used a curtain to hide slade when they brought him in to drum and said nothing.

Edited by 80309561
spelling error

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:00 PM, gnfnr2k said:

LOL at thinking Axl is hungry to make new music the guy who has put out one album in 20 years. 

idk, Axl is a perfectionist with his own writing, not other people's.  It might take off a lot of self-imposed pressure to make every track an epic.  He might be really into it.   Remember when Baz talked about him singing on Angel Down?  I remember him talking about being shocked at how quickly Axl agreed to sing on the album.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in someone like Duff.

Ac/Dc has always been a tight family type unit, so in the absence of a former player or a close family friend who has the chops, you'd assume someone they trust and has significant connections to the existing band would make sense. 

Duff is a seasoned professional at this stage and despite GNR's history has a long term association with Axl really. In terms of a solid bet for your line up it would make some sense. Although I guess marketing wise it would get more attention to the Axl GNR connection too - it depends if Ac/Dc thought that was good or bad I guess.

Well, Mark Evans was fired in 1977, I think it has been enough time to discuss things. It's curious, most of the people in AC/DC were fired due to troubles with the Young brothers.

And yes, for backing vocals they've worsened a lot through years. Just compare album version of Girls Got Rithm with Madrid 96 dvd version. I still remember when I first heard Stevie doing backing vocals at the grammys 2015...

52 minutes ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Why do we all think that Mark Evans will get the Bass role back? 

The only current connection I see is that he is in Rose Tattoo & Angry is friends with Angus. Then again, Angry is friends with everyone. 

It's probably just wishful thinking

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2018 at 5:46 PM, Sosso said:

Larry Van Kriedt would be great

I was just gonna say that. After reading the whole thread I didn't see anyone else suggest Larry Van Kriedt as the bassist.

For those who don't know, Larry Van Kriedt was AC/DC's original bassist. He never played on a single recording, but he was a founding member that the band did not desire to see him leave. He did leave on his own accord as his desire to play jazz was far greater than playing in a rock band. Back in the early days of AC/DC when the band was still experimenting with their sound, Malcolm or George would stand in as bassist while Larry would play the saxophone. He is also the only bassist to have returned to the band. So I am sure Angus holds some respect for him and probably has him in mind. The question is will he be willing?

If Larry does rejoin I can see the lineup as followed:

Lead guitar: Angus Young
Rhythm guitar: Stevie Young
Lead vocals: Axl Rose
Bass guitar: Larry Van Kriedt
Drums: Chris Slade

This to me seems like a legitimate lineup. Two original members, a family member, Mr. Thunderstruck, and Axl freaking Rose!