"Where Do Guns N Roses Go From Here ?"

i dont know what they'll do next. but what i'll do next, is going for another spin of appetite and indulge myself in awesome Izzy riffs, groovy drumming and vintage Axl rasp

i refuse to be part of a one way ticket to disapointment which is the future.

i attended the new show, it was good, and the band got my money. everyone happy.  all the rest, is out of the realms of reality

6 minutes ago, action said:

i dont know what they'll do next. but what i'll do next, is going for another spin of appetite and indulge myself in awesome Izzy riffs, groovy drumming and vintage Axl rasp

i refuse to be part of a one way ticket to disapointment which is the future.

i attended the new show, it was good, and the band got my money. everyone happy.  all the rest, is out of the realms of reality

That's pretty much where I'm at. I saw them 3 times actually but I think I'm done from there out unless there's new material. It would pretty much take an entire new studio album to get me excited about any show in the future.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

16 hours ago, sabian11 said:

If they don't take this momentum into the studio it would be a huge mistake. No wait a bigger mistake would be Axl/DC does anyone in their right mind seriously want that? I would be so pissed. It's cool he helped them out but it's time to put AC/DC to bed. Older fans like myself have been waiting a long time. This tour has blown away expectations use this down time to hopefully work on something or at least put out a live record out. But please for the love of all that is good in the world don't kick me in the nutz with this Axl/DC shit that would be horrible. Keep this ball rolling! I'd rather listen to an Axl/Mellissa solo record than anything with Angus. 

Agreed,spot on😳

This tour will run until it just totally dont sell anymore if its making €€€€££££$$$$ why stop it...!!!! Just watch S.A dates drop they just totally love it down there...!!!

As for DC now Mals passing im guessing he would want them too go on but i really dont see it but he is only 62ish who knows BJ was at the funeral i dont think we will hear owt from DC for a while now

12 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I still think "milking the tour" will consist of an even more expensive, theater style tour for this lineup through major markets.

There is still money to be made in asia and australia. I reckon skmc if they are getting together end december possibly have a mixed album start of april and hit the road...wasnt world on fire recorded and mixed in 3 months during the summer of 2014?. It was done very quickly because they toured Aus feb 2015 and i thought that album was a very close guns sounding album. 

the most glaring obvious option for them to wisely choose is going all original 5 + sorum and doing a set of shows at top dollar pricing - whether thats europe as a final one or not depends on the insanity of not doing it - who the fuck wants to keep seeing this current 92 all over again never ending circus at least then you had sorum  instead of frank 

dizzy can take a hike and bow down on his own pitiful behalf 

gratitude girl has had her moment 

stage skank needs to understand that he does not touch izzy with 10 foot pole

and frank the butcher is axls way of shunning the public and being a dick 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

On the day of the last show of the Not in this lifetime tour Slash updates his facebook website to the guns website and even has guns on his cover photo and shit

Since slash (and duff) came back its never been made out to be a reunion tour but more like a rejoining

Seems to me like hes here to stay, thoughts? 

8 minutes ago, Dimezy said:

On the day of the last show of the Not in this lifetime tour Slash updates his facebook website to the guns website and even has guns on his cover photo and shit

Since slash (and duff) came back its never been made out to be a reunion tour but more like a rejoining

His facebook website has not changed from slashonline.com, so really nothing happened today. The GNR cover photo was there since like mid 2016. #stopfakenews

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

7 minutes ago, Dimezy said:

Slash's girlfriend today (or yesterday) said he is going back into the studio with SMKC next month, but i do think Slash and Duff will continue with Guns as their main gig. The money is too good not to.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Slash's girlfriend today (or yesterday) said he is going back into the studio with SMKC next month, but i do think Slash and Duff will continue with Guns as their main gig. The money is too good not to.

I think it all depends on what Axl wants to do if it will be their main gig. Maybe they don't even know atm

6 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

His facebook website has not changed from slashonline.com, so really nothing happened today. The GNR cover photo was there since like mid 2016. #stopfakenews

yeah well i wasnt seeing shit when it came up that he updated it so cant be fake

47 minutes ago, Dimezy said:

yeah well i wasnt seeing shit when it came up that he updated it so cant be fake

I guess you were right and he just changed it back just in time when I looked. OMG what does this mean, Slash leaving again? The GNR apocalypse is upon us

They should send a huge fuck off to the label by recording an album and putting it for free on the internet without their consense. Its not going to sell and they've already made the loot they'd make in the 90s by releasing an album anyway.
This way they'd be able to do whatever the fuck they wanted without a suit rejectiong it cause isnt hit material. Wish they had the balls.

Edited by default_
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, default_ said:

They should send a huge fuck off to the label by recording an album and putting it for free on the internet without their consense. Its not going to sell and they've already made the loot they'd make in the 90s by releasing an album anyway.
This way they'd be able to do whatever the fuck they wanted without a suit rejectiong it cause isnt hit material. Wish they had the balls.

I actually do think GNR is in the unique position where people would buy and actually want to hear new music from due to the whole break up. People like Elton John and most other old bands aren't so fortunate, he once said everytime he said this is a new song at a live show he'd see people leaving to take a piss. For GNR I think it would be the opposite

It’s very interesting to ask what’s more likely: Steven and izzy rejoining for a tour or this lineup writing new music? Both of these options I see unlikely. I will say if gnr want to continue playing in stadiums, one of these things need to happen. 

4 hours ago, Bailey96 said:

It’s very interesting to ask what’s more likely: Steven and izzy rejoining for a tour or this lineup writing new music? Both of these options I see unlikely. I will say if gnr want to continue playing in stadiums, one of these things need to happen. 

If they take off 3-4 years from touring the demand will be there again even without new music. That said, I skipped this tour because I'm very optimistic about a future one having atleast one of Izzy or Adler there. Then I'd buy frontrow tickets in a heartbeat.

Judging from the past 8 years, they'll keep on touring like this for the next 2-3 years at least. Axl gets a 7-8 months break, which I hope will be enough for him to fully recover. I may attend the next Paris show this time, so mad I missed the one from this summer, their exclusive t-shirt was awesome and I wanted to finally hear Coma live.

It's a well-oiled machine, no problems going on, the band is tight instrumentally, the demand is there (from both hardcore fans and a fresher younger audience who wants to see what this old legendary band is about), and our guys aren't getting younger, so they'll make the most cash out of this, and rightfully so, I'd do the exact same in their position. Why change the formula when they have struggled this long to finally make things right and smooth? That's true for all of them, but mostly for Axl.

Axl has been highly criticized (euphemism) for 20 years, and he's only had this good of a press for the last two years, so this must make him finally get some peace of mind and I'm glad he's finally got the credits he deserved. Plus he has the AC/DC option. He's worked very hard and make a lot of compromises to get back to this level, he's not nearly as impulsive as he was in his 20's, 30's, and the Chinese Democracy reception was somewhat of a catastrophe, so I really don't see him trying to put together a new album right now.

He has worked way too hard on Chinese Democracy (which is an awesome album) only to see the mainstream audience shit on it, and the sales not following the investment and effort put into it. So there's no way he'll try to put this much of an effort into the next album. He may try an easier album with the current line-up, Velvet Revolver style (which were very decent, especially the first one) but judging from his perfectionism, he'll be disappointed by the result and may abort the project. I also don't see us getting the rest of Chinese Democracy anytime soon, maybe when Axl dies (hate to think about it), but we'll probably all be old, or dead, or not into it anymore when this happens.

Let's just enjoy the upcoming shows, hope Axl can pull off his best vocals again, and if a surprise album gets a release, or even one new song, awesome, if not, I won't be surprised. I'm fine with what they've released so far, I love most songs, very few garbage material really which is somewhat of a miracle, I can't think of a lot of bands that have 80% of awesome songs.

I just wish they all live the rest of their lives happily and make loads of cash, love those guys.

• Like 1

after the last couple of shows they have thanked people for an amazing world tour. to me that sounds like the not in this lifetime tour is over. but they have 2018 dates so could well be a new album tour 

I just wish they would give their die hard fans on here something, just like an interview or update on the status of the band...

Some backstage video footage from the tour would also be awesome.

You know, like, acknowledge the die hard fans on this forum right here who stuck with the band during all the different line-ups and silence of decades past...