Gordon Comstock

Forever, And A Day [CD Songs Live From The Forum]

Hi Gordon,

Why only Chinese Democracy songs ? You could have made the cover NITL CD with The Seeker, Layla & OnlyWomen Bleed...

Cheers!

thanks. too bad there's still wayyyyy, wayy too much mickey in the vocals. 

so I guess this tour should still be called Mickey's Money Grab Tour... 

too bad, the band seems quite okay, not as tight as in 2006 and doesn't have a guitar virtuoso, but cool, I'm fine with it.

maybe they should let Melissa sing ;)

6 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

Good to know, I'm not the only one who heard Mickey last night...

I haven't heard the whole thing yet, only a few CD songs so far. but it IS there. and don't get me wrong, the lower registers sound badass! but the higher ones are still embarassing :/

10 hours ago, Jim06600 said:

Hi Gordon,

Why only Chinese Democracy songs ? You could have made the cover NITL CD with The Seeker, Layla & OnlyWomen Bleed...

Cheers!

Because I don't lump the CD songs in with the covers. This is, in my mind anyway, a glimpse at what a CD tour might've sounded like if Duff and Slash never left. I like their interpretations of the songs and they aren't really covers or originals, they're in their own category, so they get their own EP/playlist :) 

I must say that while the guitars don't really match the originals, they're doing a good tribute to the originals. quite impressed from what Richard and Slash are doing with BH/BBF originals. of course I still miss that killswitch, insane break-ins and crazy tapping, but this is the best they can do I guess. nice!

• Like 1

On 01/12/2017 at 4:46 PM, zombux said:

but this is the best they can do I guess. nice!

I think they just want a more classic rock approach and those things are way too modern

On 2017-12-01 at 6:58 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Because I don't lump the CD songs in with the covers. This is, in my mind anyway, a glimpse at what a CD tour might've sounded like if Duff and Slash never left. I like their interpretations of the songs and they aren't really covers or originals, they're in their own category, so they get their own EP/playlist :) 

Agree.

• Like 1

I think one of the most interesting things about this reunion thing is the fact that this band plays a whole new set of songs together they've never played before. Even if those songs are not or should not be considered real gnr songs, the fact iself that they play new songs together can hardly be ignored. 

I simply LOVE slashs input on those songs. The solos on CD, Better and Sorry are amazing. And slash guitarwork and interpretations overall gives the CD songs a new dimension.

CD sounds way more groovy and raw. So does Better. Prostitute would too, if Axl had his 2016 or even 2010 voice. 

Next tour will hopefully not be in conflict with axl/dc, draining him on energy.

Axl said something in line with this in a interview last year (about singing ac/dc ) - you do one vocal mistake and you won't sing anymore...😮