The Upcoming Games Thread...

Zoot

Ugh... You guys are making me want a switch so bad. :drool:

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Nice choices guys! I'll add you on PSN, if you want, @Zoot when I get a PS4(that probably won't be for quite a while though lol.)

Sure! :) my PSN is: HereJonesey

8 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

How long have they been working on it? It really is ridiculous. I played the first game as a kid and it left a real impact, I loved it. But on the other hand I didn't enjoy 2 at the time and haven't played any of the others so I'm torn between hoping it's fantastic and being intimidated by the convoluted story.

12 years... It's beyond ridiculous. I'm honestly surprised the project hasn't been cancelled at this point like the Fable series.

• Like 1

On 02/12/2017 at 1:59 AM, Oldest Goat said:

How long have they been working on it? It really is ridiculous. I played the first game as a kid and it left a real impact, I loved it. But on the other hand I didn't enjoy 2 at the time and haven't played any of the others so I'm torn between hoping it's fantastic and being intimidated by the convoluted story.

I have had it on pre order at Amazon for something like two years! :lol:

It's one of the main reasons I stuck with PlayStation. That and Ratchet And Clank. 

5 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

That Ratchet & Clank remake? That will definitely be among the first games I get when I buy a PS4.

Yes, it's really good but I forgot how frustrating running out of ammo can be! They recently started releasing the remastered Jak games onto PS4 so when they release Jak II I'll forget all about KH3. 

On 12/3/2017 at 12:28 AM, Oldest Goat said:

I'm sure there's a lot more. Do you or @Zoot know of any good multiplayer games for PS4?

Fortnite Battle Royale is extremely fun and free to play. Other than that, the only one I can think of is Rayman Legends.

In no particular order:

Far Cry 5

Red Dead II (if there's a PC version)

Mordhau

Star Citizen

Starfield

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Anthem

Metro: Exodus

Monster Hunter: World

Untitled Battlefield game

Greedfall

Hunt: Showdown

EDIT: Added Crytek's upcoming game to this list. Looks really cool. And forgot to put Greedfall when originally posting.

Edited by OmarBradley

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2018 at 10:48 PM, Oldest Goat said:

Beautiful looking game. Never played a Dragon Quest before but I have my eye on this. Definitely getting the Switch version.

I very specifically remember Dragon Quest VIII on the PS2 when I was a kid, being a very good JRPG for the time. Disappointed I never got to play another one, but I read XI is coming out for the PS4.

As for games I'm looking forward to, only really Kingdom Hearts 3 and maybe the FFVII PS4 Remake (the latter I'm not sure about).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

These are currently the games I have on my radar til the end of the year:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC - September 14th, 2018
Spyro Reignited Trilogy - September 21st, 2018
Valkyria Chronicles 4 - September 25th, 2018
Mega Man 11 - October 2nd, 2018
The World Ends With You - October 12th, 2018
Soulcalibur VI - October 19th, 2018
Red Dead Redemption 2 - October 26th, 2018
Pokemon: Let's Go, Eevee! - November 16th, 2018
Darksiders III - November 27, 2018
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - December 7th, 2018

I won't get all of them. Xenoblade DLC, Spyro, and Soulcalibur VI are probably the ones I want most right now. Mega Man 11 is probably the least-likely. I can't imagine there's going to be enough content in it to warrant a $40+ price tag.

• Like 1