The Upcoming Games Thread...

Zoot

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

Watching The Game Awards now, so far the only thing I've found terribly interesting is Obsidian's new game, The Outer Worlds. Think it looks great. Not a lot of info on it yet, but looks like a classic style RPG/action game.

Looks like I missed some announcements as I was going between playing games and watching the awards, there was a lot of cool stuff announced.

But I'm still the most hyped for this Obsidian game, even more so after reading this article and watching this gameplay.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Bro I just played the demo it's fucking great. I've only ever played Resi5 and Revelations before but I'm sold on this now and think it's a must buy.

Nice, I didn't know the demo dropped!  Downloading it now, but this "1 shot" thing is for the birds!

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Bro I just played the demo it's fucking great. I've only ever played Resi5 and Revelations before but I'm sold on this now and think it's a must buy.

Not sure if you care, but this work around for the 30 min limit works.  I'm an older chap like yourself, and this was on the cusp of too far to go, but I really am a freak for the RE series.

Edited by DeadSlash
my dumbass left out the link

15 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

So what did you think of the demo? I'm sold on it now.

I love it.  I've played through it 5 times.  Let's be clear, I was already sold, but this is better than I expected.  The atmosphere, the visuals, all perfect, imo.

One odd thing stood out to me, but only after I read people complaining about it and now I can't unnoticed it.   I'll  put it in spoilers and leave it up to you to decide if you want to look. 

Spoiler

Leon curses a lot.  it's to the point of distraction.  Apparently it's even worse in the full game.  Profanity doesn't bother me, but it's really over the top.  They have a lot of "ambient" talking in this game where Leon is just talking to himself when a zomibie comes on screen, or you target one, etc.  Every other word is "fuck."

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of Game Informer's Rapid Fire Questions videos and I pretty much watch them all, even games I have no intention of playing. If you haven't checked 'em out, it's pretty entertaining stuff and usually includes decent info about a game.

They just posted one for The Outer Worlds, and it's probably my favorite yet due to the personalities of Tim and Leonard and my personal hype for the game. They posted another short interview with Tim and Leonard, which can be found on GI's YT page.

• 3 weeks later...

CDPR confirmed they will be attending E3 and it's heavily rumored (or confirmed? can't tell) they will be presenting something. No question it's CP2077, possibly with a release date/timeframe. I'm also going to predict they will announce/tease their new IP, that they've been working on alongside Cyberpunk.

57 minutes ago, OmarBradley said:

CDPR confirmed they will be attending E3 and it's heavily rumored (or confirmed? can't tell) they will be presenting something. No question it's CP2077, possibly with a release date/timeframe. I'm also going to predict they will announce/tease their new IP, that they've been working on alongside Cyberpunk.

This is the game I'm probably most looking forward to.  

One has to wonder if it will be showcased during Microsoft's presentation.  It's expected Microsoft will be announcing or revealing further plans for the next generation of consoles.  With Sony not making an appearance this year, it makes sense that we'll see Microsoft using a game like this to showcase the processing power of its new hardware.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2019 at 2:36 PM, downzy said:

This is the game I'm probably most looking forward to.  

One has to wonder if it will be showcased during Microsoft's presentation.  It's expected Microsoft will be announcing or revealing further plans for the next generation of consoles.  With Sony not making an appearance this year, it makes sense that we'll see Microsoft using a game like this to showcase the processing power of its new hardware.  

I believe CDPR has confirmed Cyberpunk will be a current generation release. There may be an "HD" version for the newer consoles, but at release it will be XBO/PS4.

Epic has announced The Outer Worlds will be a timed exclusive to their platform when it releases this year. I feel bad for Obsidian, they certainly saw the outcry re: Metro and all of the other shenanigans surrounding Epic, but the publisher has made this decision.

There are new allegations of data farming against Epic as well, which is troubling given that it's not the first occasion.

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

For fucks sake. Guess I'm waiting for the Steam version of The Outer Worlds. Oh well, I'll have Halo MCC.

It looks like the game will also be on the Microsoft Store at release, which seems contradictory to being an Epic 'exclusive,' but that's what I'm reading.

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

It's been years so I should really get over this lol but I loved Ghostbusters so much as a kid and wanted to watch it with my little niece and her dad/my stepbrother fucking ruined it completely. Talking over it never shutting the fuck up to the point it was tense. Literally whining about how it's overrated and he's always thought it was shit to the point she, being like 7 at the time, agreed with him. The icing on the cake being they saw the fucking horrendous reboot and loved it. Makes me wanna blow my brains out.

Oh, boy! Sounds miserable. Can’t believe they actually enjoyed that piece of filth remake. I remember being dragged to the theater by my Aunt when I was perhaps 16 or 17 and just being disgusted. I didn’t hate it because it had girls in it, no- the film had more than enough problems on its own. Such a waste of a Ghostbusters remake.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...