Zoot

The Upcoming Games Thread...

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Bro I just played the demo it's fucking great. I've only ever played Resi5 and Revelations before but I'm sold on this now and think it's a must buy.

Not sure if you care, but this work around for the 30 min limit works.  I'm an older chap like yourself, and this was on the cusp of too far to go, but I really am a freak for the RE series.

Edited by DeadSlash
my dumbass left out the link
  • GNFNR 1

32 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

Not sure if you care, but this work around for the 30 min limit works.  I'm an older chap like yourself, and this was on the cusp of too far to go, but I really am a freak for the RE series.

I'm 27! I do feel old since I'm turning 28 this year though tbh.

On 1/13/2019 at 9:33 PM, DeadSlash said:

Sorry bro, when you picked the name "oldest goat" you are become 40.  It's in the bible.

So what did you think of the demo? I'm sold on it now.

15 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

So what did you think of the demo? I'm sold on it now.

I love it.  I've played through it 5 times.  Let's be clear, I was already sold, but this is better than I expected.  The atmosphere, the visuals, all perfect, imo.

One odd thing stood out to me, but only after I read people complaining about it and now I can't unnoticed it.   I'll  put it in spoilers and leave it up to you to decide if you want to look. 

Spoiler

Leon curses a lot.  it's to the point of distraction.  Apparently it's even worse in the full game.  Profanity doesn't bother me, but it's really over the top.  They have a lot of "ambient" talking in this game where Leon is just talking to himself when a zomibie comes on screen, or you target one, etc.  Every other word is "fuck."

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, DeadSlash said:

I love it.  I've played through it 5 times.  Let's be clear, I was already sold, but this is better than I expected.  The atmosphere, the visuals, all perfect, imo.

One odd thing stood out to me, but only after I read people complaining about it and now I can't unnoticed it.   I'll  put it in spoilers and leave it up to you to decide if you want to look. 

Reveal hidden contents

Leon curses a lot.  it's to the point of distraction.  Apparently it's even worse in the full game.  Profanity doesn't bother me, but it's really over the top.  They have a lot of "ambient" talking in this game where Leon is just talking to himself when a zomibie comes on screen, or you target one, etc.  Every other word is "fuck."

I think I'm fine with that because it adds a slight cheesiness which I can cling to in order to survive my terror lol

• Like 1

Really hoping Master Chief Collection is announced for PC at SXSW this March.

I'm a big fan of Game Informer's Rapid Fire Questions videos and I pretty much watch them all, even games I have no intention of playing. If you haven't checked 'em out, it's pretty entertaining stuff and usually includes decent info about a game.

They just posted one for The Outer Worlds, and it's probably my favorite yet due to the personalities of Tim and Leonard and my personal hype for the game. They posted another short interview with Tim and Leonard, which can be found on GI's YT page.