Our Interview with Marc Canter - Talking Reunion, Axl Relationship & Old Days!

52 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Ronin is right as this dates back to VR. Scott said the GNR guys were trying to get Guns back together either before or after they released Libertad. Probably before as that album was rushed out due to label obligations. That's when Scott started looking inti getting STP back together.

Scott said a lot of weird things in the past :lol:

There are so many discrepancies in so many of the past interviews by all band members and by people around the band. Too many contrary rumors. Too much bullshit. 

By all accounts there's reason enough for everybody on here to believe what ever the fuck he wants. I don't think we'll ever hear the actual truth if there is an actual truth.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think so. Getting along with TB is a kind of prerequisite in order to get along and work with Axl. TB are the people who are closest to him, having the double role of being his surrogate family and management, and everything Axl related passes through them. If Slash and Duff were hostile or "cold" towards them, the reunion wouldn't have gone so smoothly.

Sorry. But that's bs. Once contracts are signed and you can believe that there have been shitloads of waterproof contracts signed, they wouldn't have to deal with anyone of TB if they didn't want to and didn't like them. I think the importance of TB is greatly overestimated. Once Duff and Axl was talking it was over, as far as any real influence and prevention of this to happen was concerned.

Just now, AncientEvil80 said:

As always, great to hear from Marc.

Just don't agree about GNR being the big stadium beast. They ALWAYS sounded better in clubs. And even now, they would sound/look better in small clubs. Just get rid of the aliens.

I also was wondering why Marc said that. I also think its odd that Marc, who is something like a superfan and wanted this reunion/threeunion so much, wouldn't go to the first Troubadour show in 2016. I wonder what went down there.

2 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Just don't agree about GNR being the big stadium beast. They ALWAYS sounded better in clubs. And even now, they would sound/look better in small clubs. Just get rid of the aliens.

He also said he prefers seeing them on a bigger stage. Axl and Slash running jumping around. As for sound yea this current band isn't tight enough sonically for a smaller stage as we've seen from the 2 clubs shows. You can only turn the volume up so much 

4 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I also was wondering why Marc said that. I also think its odd that Marc, who is something like a superfan and wanted this reunion/threeunion so much, wouldn't go to the first Troubadour show in 2016. I wonder what went down there.

Well. I think the fact is, Marc Canter is just not that important.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Yea I find it hard to believe he was one of the fortunate people to have a ticket and gave it away

9 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

But that was his entire point. Because of the aliens it's a whole new beast that fits better in a big stadium. If you remove those his point no longer applies so he's correct. With that many people you can't really go around much in a smaller venue.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

5 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well. I think the fact is, Marc Canter is just not that important.

In what way? He recorded pretty much every show before they even got AFD out and took tons of photos and has a lot of stories to tell since he was behind the scenes. He has all that rehearsal footage that was never released of them putting together songs, the first time they played Perfect Crime in 86 and it goes on and on. He might be the most important guy when it comes to a non biased perspective on Guns since every one of the guys has their own twisted, drugged out perspective.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

In what way? He recorded pretty much every show before they even got AFD out and took tons of photos and has a lot of stories to tell since he was behind the scenes. He has all that rehearsal footage that was never released of them putting together songs, the first time they played Perfect Crime in 86 and it goes on and on. He might be the most important guy when it comes to a non biased perspective on Guns since every one of the guys has their own twisted, drugged out perspective.

Yes. But that was 30 years ago. Now is now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

That's right. Adding the keyword "anymore" to your assessment would then make it correct.;)

I'm not sure I would need to add that. I mean, from the band's point of view, how does him taking pictures and recording shows make him important for the band?? I think he's more important from the fans point of view than from the band's.

21 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Spot on👍

8 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Sorry. But are you having a stroke each time you're posting? I have no idea what you're saying. How about gathering your thoughts before posting?

She puts her Spanish thoughts into the Google translating box and it comes out like that: a mess.

Just replace all of her "what" for "that" and it will be more legible.

In Spanish we have only one word for "that" and "what". That's why the translator can't figure it out right :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think so. Getting along with TB is a kind of prerequisite in order to get along and work with Axl. TB are the people who are closest to him, having the double role of being his surrogate family and management, and everything Axl related passes through them. If Slash and Duff were hostile or "cold" towards them, the reunion wouldn't have gone so smoothly.

Yeah, it looks to me that TB works as a filter to Axl..... He uses them as a filter to not let people get to him so easily....

They are the guardians of his doors, like rottweilers-

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

And why would they want someone from the outside contradicting and offering a different view from what they are saying? That is only important to the fan.

Glad me you understad my write "spot on"😄

32 minutes ago, killuridols said:

She puts her Spanish thoughts into the Google translating box and it comes out like that: a mess.

Just replace all of her "what" for "that" and it will be more legible.

In Spanish we have only one word for "that" and "what". That's why the translator can't figure it out right :lol:

Te agradezco tu explicacion a @PatrickS77