Rare Axl and Slash Interview UK 1987

What a fantastic interview.  The interviewer is lively and knowledgable.  Axl and Slash are on great form - laughing together and talking enthusiastically about Baycity Rollers (holy heck that makes me feel old!) 

1. Love how the interviewer gives a breakdown of the music scene at that time - I'd forgotten about most of the bands he mentioned!  

2. Axl can talk the leg off an iron pot - love how he keeps interrupting the interviewer. :lol:

3. Axl listened to WHAM!  Awesome.   Also, hearing Axl's laugh and how it sounds like he's just smoked an entire pack of cigs in an hour, and I can't believe he's still alive. lol  

Many thanks for this gem Sid! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sidman69 said:

From my buddy Kevin's collection. I've pulled about 10 interviews not on youtube off his casette tapes with more to come! This is from the UK from 1987 I believe with Axl and Slash. Enjoy!

Oh my God! This interview!!! This is gold! I hadn’t heard it. 

“The album is called Apetite For Destruction” - that right there made me teary eyed. And warm and fuzzy on the inside. They sounded so innocent and yet so professional and focused. To think I was 10 when that album came out.

“Poison is cute and sweet” LOL ‘Cute’, the last word you’d think would never come out of Axl Rose’s mouth LOL

Thank you @sidman69 for this! B-)

• Like 1

Love it, never heard it before. Thank you!

How often did Slash say they were "the only 5 guys who could make it together". It seems he said it in every interview. lol I love how both Slash and Axl talk. They really wanna get a message across and they're so chatty.

I love the BBC accent. It's the english I've been taught at school and it feels so cozy listening to it. :lol:

On a more sentimental note: Listening to those two young dudes who are much into music and so talented and influenced by so many sources in music, being so self-confident, being cocky and not giving a fuck - it just sound like so much incredible creative potential. It is so sad they wouldn't last after 93. Just look at how powerful AfD and UYI are until today. Damn, I wished they could have upheld that attitude and creative energy longer than they did. :shrugs:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gabrielaerojas said:

Oh my God! This interview!!! This is gold! I hadn’t heard it. 

“The album is called Apetite For Destruction” - that right there made me teary eyed. And warm and fuzzy on the inside. They sounded so innocent and yet so professional and focused. To think I was 10 when that album came out.

“Poison is cute and sweet” LOL ‘Cute’, the last word you’d think would never come out of Axl Rose’s mouth LOL

Thank you @sidman69 for this! B-)

You're welcome! I have 8-10 more interviews that aren't on youtube yet coming soon. Sadly no more with Axl, but a bunch of Slash and duff interviews

• Like 2