Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek

rocknroll41

I don't care for Star Trek, so I don't know what kind of Star Trek film Tarantino has his heart set on.

He seems not to care for the way it's been gentrified and targeted at mass audiences as opposed to the narrow but passionate direction of...the many iterations before it.

This is a very ho-hum announcement that does nothing for me one way or the other. I just don't care about the enterprise. 

At one point i heard he was gonna do, and this is no word of a fuckin' lie, I swear to God right, he was gonna do a sequel to the Confessions films with Robin Askwith, y'know like Confessions of a Window Cleaner, Confessions of a Taxi Driver and that, only it was gonna be set in space :lol:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

At one point i heard he was gonna do, and this is no word of a fuckin' lie, I swear to God right, he was gonna do a sequel to the Confessions films with Robin Askwith, y'know like Confessions of a Window Cleaner, Confessions of a Taxi Driver and that, only it was gonna be set in space :lol:

Would it have been called Confessions of an Astronaut?

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yip, the Abrams films are truly awful. 

Discovery I'm 50/50 on. There is a lot to love there, but a lot to hate also (the lumpy non-Klingons for starters). I cannot quite make my mind up on it.

My favourite Star Trek shows are still The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and Voyager. It's a shame that they never made a DSN film about the Dominon war.

5 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Lol, no they're not.

All of Roddenberry's utopianism and scientific speculative essence; Star Trek's aesthetic tendencies which lean more towards (Cold War) Hunt for the Red October than Star Wars silliness; her manifold tendency to project earth's aspirations - this is a television series about us -  elsewhere yet create things that are truly alien (the earliest Star Trek was 'pure' science fiction, in the flavour of Arthur C Clarke) are obliterated in favour of a cross between (one of the more CGIed examples of) Star Wars and Beverly Hills 90210.

I often hate films but it is rare I hate films that passionately, as if they have been deliberately designed to offend me.

• Like 1

Anything 'diet spielberg' even romotely touches is fucking shit. Take lost for example, was involved for a couple episodes, and jumped ship, keaving the writers to write around his whole bulshit premise he didnt bother to even leave a solid outline for. Also all hes done is reboots and remakes, and before any of you day Super 8 was original, just look at any film from the 80s, specifically any film from the 80s made by the man he tries so hard to rip off. Simply put, Abrams is unoriginal, a weak director, an even weaker writer. If you want a reboot of a sci fi franchise, hes your man. If you want something artistically meritable, hes not.

• Like 1