Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

luciusfunk

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/6/2018 at 4:22 AM, ZoSoRose said:

Fuck it. BS is right. Its dinosaurs. Of course I want to see this

This is basically the bottom line for everything ever released in the JP universe. I instantly transform back into 9yo me watching Jurassic Park in the cinema in 1993. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/8/2017 at 9:53 AM, Black Sabbath said:

Seriously? Maybe I'm biased because it's my favorite franchise, but I think it looks better than Jurassic World.

And apparently the footage in the trailer is only from the first hour of the film.

What makes you say the line won't be in the movie? From what I can tell, he's saying it at a hearing where they're getting his thoughts on if the dinosaurs should be protected or not.

Well that line wasn't in the movie. Guess I was right.

I saw Dallas Howard on the Talk and she said all the dinosaurs are animatronic. Tons of puppet people worked them. She said so when you see them on screen, the actors saw them too.

Awesome! I would rather have this then CGI anyday.

Can't wait to see it. Waiting for the lines to die down. probably see it after July 4.

Blue is back! I love that raptor! She's so cute!

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more

I'm an unabashed, openly biased Jurassic Franchise Fanboy, and while I won't say I was disappointed by the movie, I was expecting a bit more. Overall, the story is the worst part about it. They tried to throw in other aspects to seem like they were trying something different, but the underlying story is not much different from Jurassic Park: The Lost World. Even it's predecessor, World , had a more original story overall.

That said, I still saw it twice in the theaters, including IMAX on opening night and the film is shot wonderfully, and there are some scenes/shots that are some of the best in the series (the opening scene is one of my favorites of the entire franchise), and despite some people's issues with the "new", genetically modified dinosaurs, the Indoraptor is pretty awesome.

If you enjoy the others, I certainly recommend it of course, but as much as I hate to say it, don't expect anything amazing as an overall film.

7/10

My parents are taking my daughter to see it on Tuesday.

We've seen all the others so can't wait to see this one. I think there's a third one with Chris Pratt too.

19 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Watching this tomorrow. I don't expect anything other than dinosaurs killing people, but it's okay I like that.

lol me too.

I have seen scenes where the dinos are killing each other and that's going to upset me, I just know it.

It looks like the dinos are running for their lives due to the volcano erupting but it's upsetting to see any animal running for their lives. I'm sure man had something to do with this chaos.

Ill watch it eventually, because I am a fan of these films. Having said that, it looks like a hybred (pun intended) of Jurassic World and JP2. I'm expecting it to be my least favorite of the franchise, tbh. I'm a JP3 defender because Spiosaurus is my favorite dino, but I admit that film is worse than JP, JP2, and JW.  It's still my 2nd favorite (behind the original) because of Spino though. Even though science isn't clear on if Spino walked on 2 or 4 legs, and some other aspects, I still LOVE the fact that it's BIGGER and possibly meaner than Trex.  

Im not big on the whole hybrid dinos in JW,  but whatever. Ill catch it eventually, but I'm sure it's my least favorite of the franchise.

To those that have seen it, does it negate anything or acknowledge anything from JP2? That's one thing I DO like about the JW films, they don't openly deny JP2 and 3, or contradict them. They just focus on the original.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

8 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

Me neither haha, only the soft reboot

Same except I've never seen those either.

7 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

How the hell not? There is a scene in the original movie, where T-Rex eats some guy while he was sitting on a toilet! Epic.

I don't know actually. It's just never been something I was interested in. My wife bought the blu-ray set that covers everything from the first through World, so I'll probably watch one or several soon. 

18 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The most common thought I'd heard is watch I, III and World.

Meh

1 is a classic. Its one of the best blockbuster films ever. Its a real film. The special effects still blow me away, the themes are really well implemented, classic score, great characterd, just everything about it rocks. None of the others compare.

2 is a mess, but I have attachments to it because of nostalgia, however, it does feel like a sequel to the first at times. Has some good moments, for sure

3 is a mess, but its only an hour and a half and is pretty mindless. Doesnt even attempt to be something it isnt so I sort of give it credit for that. Spinosaurus is fun

World is also a mess. Characters are far less likeable than Grant and Malcolm and there are some real dumbass moments. Its a modern popcorn flick so even more logic is thrown out the window. However, its a pretty fun watch and doesnt drag on. I dont hate it but I wont call it a quality film. 

World 2 is an abomination. I genuinely hated almost every minute of the movie. Its terrible. Most annoying characters ever, awful writing and plot, and even the music sucked. Its a total slog and dragged on and on. Do not watch

Basically, 1 is a cinematic treasure. The rest range from dumb fun to hot garbage

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2

I saw this movie yesterday. Loved it.

It had tons of action, but the characters were well developed. Had some surprises both with characters and the dinos.

There were a few parts, especially on the island that had me almost crying.

Anyway, I loved it! Can't wait for part 3.

I have a few ideas about what 3 needs to be about. Blue is both lovable and scary. Wish I had one! :)

On 3-7-2018 at 4:06 PM, RussTCB said:

The most common thought I'd heard is watch I, III and World.

III is a steaming pile of horseshit. 

I is one of the most awesome things that ever happened. 

Edited by username
  • Haha 1

On 7/6/2018 at 5:39 AM, username said:

III is a steaming pile of horseshit. 

I is one of the most awesome things that ever happened. 

I'm happy to announce that I'm about 25 minutes into watching the original for the very first time. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1