Josh Homme kicks photographer in the face during show

Graeme

On 9th of December, Queens of the Stone Age frontman Josh Homme kicked Chelsea Lauren, a Shutterstock photographer in the face for no reason. She spent the night in hospital afterwards:

"Josh was coming over and I was pretty excited, I've never actually photographed Queens of the Stone Age before, I was really looking forward to it. I saw him coming over and I was shooting away.

"The next thing I know his foot connects with my camera and my camera connects with my face, really hard. He looked straight at me, swung his leg back pretty hard and full-blown kicked me in the face.

"He continued performing, I was startled, I kind of stopped looking at him, I just got down and was holding my face because it hurt so badly.

"I feel like if I don't do anything, he gets to kick people in the face and not get in trouble because he’s a musician. That's not right."

Thoughts on this? Should he get done for assault? Seems pretty indefensible as far as I can see.

Yeah, he apologized and said he started kicking some lights and he didn't realize there was someone holding that particular camera :lol:

After that, he took out a knife and cut himself in the face, apparently. Bit of an odd guy if you ask me.

2 hours ago, Lio said:

Yeah, he apologized and said he started kicking some lights and he didn't realize there was someone holding that particular camera :lol:

After that, he took out a knife and cut himself in the face, apparently. Bit of an odd guy if you ask me.

Looks like he got drunk/high and got annoyed by the bad crowd and then tried to entertain them in every possible way. He did like 25 other stupid things :lol: 

Released video apology too. Says he has some things to figure out and stuff like that

I do not like Josh at all, never have. He just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. I came in this thread prepared to shit on him no matter what, but that apology seems pretty damn sincere. 

I still think there should be consequences, but I'm just not sure what. He seems really remorseful in that clip to me. 

That apology tape makes the cynical part of me suspicious that he's almost seeng the current apology tape thing like the new version of the sex tape career boost?

Anyways, there are charges for kicking people in the face and in most places charges specific to assaulting and intimidating the press.  So I dont see why those wouldn't apply.  Honestly seems like a strange thing to have to question.  At the very least she should get to kick hm in the face twice.

Also I hate emptily apologies.  She spent the night in hospital so he should pay that.  He seems to have damaged her camera so he should pay for that.  He should voluntarily take some sort of program or therapy too.

• Like 1

I think we need more of this shit, bring a bit of fuckin' aggression back to rock n roll and weed out all the fuckin' iphone waving lanyard sporting buttercups from the crowd, fuckssake, he's only clipped ya, why being such a pussy about it, get over it, I've been knocked into harder in fuckin' mosh pits than that little swipey kick, no wonder crowds are fuckin' dud these days.

Rock, rap and even pop stars have a habit of attacking paparazzi. It’s celebrated in some circles. Our boy Axl has plenty of incidents to his name. Attacking a female photographer who was authorised to be there and not being a nuisance is a tough sell, though.

I like QOTSA but such behaviour cant be defended and he has tarnished his career with this. He’s not an angry young man, he’s in his mid 40s and these are certainly not times where being a rich, famous musician allows you to get off lightly for physical violence towards women.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

He never actually kicked her in the face. He kicked her camera and it hit her face.

Okay, to split hairs:  there are charges for violently hurling cameras at peoples faces.  And for kicking a camera.  And reckless endangerment.  

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Do me a favour :lol:

I think he probably has to be honest. A lot of people, even QOTSA fans aren't being particularly forgiving. At the bottom line, deliberately hurting someone who has never done anything to you for no reason is pretty much the worst a human can do.

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I do not like Josh at all, never have. He just rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

I thought I was the only one! Glad to hear. Never cared for him and he seems like a huge douche, honestly. Up there with Maynard.

That said, I agree it seems his apology is sincere and he didn't deliberately try to kick this photographer in the face.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

Okay, to split hairs:  there are charges for violently hurling cameras at peoples faces.  And for kicking a camera.  And reckless endangerment.  

I feel there is a difference between kicking someone in the face and kicking a camera that accidentally then hits someone's face. Not that I approve of either.

As for Josh, I like him. Yes he is a bit of a douche and does the occasional stupid thing, but he is also cool and funny and a giftes songwriter and guitarist. I think he has matured in recent years (maybe after his near-death experience). Kicking out Olivieri after domestic abuse showed integrity. The lyrics to Fortress are great. I am a fan of the ginger Elvis.

I think this kind of thing happens when people let you do anything and don't tell you to stop and you get carried away at one point and fuck up. I saw him in Vienna a few months ago (the show itself was outstanding) and he acted similar to this but not this severe. Read on several pages that he does that during this whole tour so clearly nobody told him to stop.

Kicking someone's camera in their face was bound to happen at one point really. Something bad tends to happen when you get too cocky 

Edited by Nicklord

From the title and the quotes in the op, I was expecting him to deliver a Bruce Lee knockout kick. It really does look like the was just kicking the camera away.

I guess he should get something. Even though it doesn't look intentional, someone got hurt. But it really looks like an accident to me.

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Is it really, or is it just not as bad as everything else he's done? :lol:

:lol:

Im no fan of Josh.  I dont like his music (minus some kyuss that I liked as a youngster) and I hate his stupid face.  But Iggys Post Pop Depression is one of my favourite albums in recent years.  In my romanticizing of it, it may go down as the last great rock album.  And I hate to admit that Joshs contribution to the album made an impact, imo.

Dang that felt gross to say!

If I kick you in the face for NO FUCKING REASON and then say sorry should you not charge me?  I would expect charges which is why I don't do that myself

35 minutes ago, J Dog said:

From the title and the quotes in the op, I was expecting him to deliver a Bruce Lee knockout kick. It really does look like the was just kicking the camera away.

I guess he should get something. Even though it doesn't look intentional, someone got hurt. But it really looks like an accident to me.

can you explain how you think this was some kind of accident?  Maybe I watched another video but he was already passed her and brought foot back to kick her or the camera whatever.  There is ZERO way this was an accident.

• Like 1