Josh Homme kicks photographer in the face during show

Graeme

The video makes it clear it was intentional. Doesnt matter if he was just aiming for the camera. She snapped pocs of him grinning too. Clearly he knew he hit her. I like his music and saw them last month in detroit. He seemed drunk for that show too.

He deserves whatever comes his way for this, and i say that as a fan

Also the first text "apology" was total bullshit

7 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

If I kick you in the face for NO FUCKING REASON and then say sorry should you not charge me?  I would expect charges which is why I don't do that myself

can you explain how you think this was some kind of accident?  Maybe I watched another video but he was already passed her and brought foot back to kick her or the camera whatever.  There is ZERO way this was an accident.

The reason why you don't kick people is because you would get charged? :lol: Laws, yay!

As for it being an accident: He certainly wanted to kick the camera but it probably was an accidental that the camera flew and hit her face. Or do people think that was his intention :lol:

As for not liking his music (and nothing to do with your post, gunsguy). It's too varied to be rejected altogether. With Kyuss I understand it. It is a monotonous type of music you either like or don't. But QOTSA is so varied, from trippy, happy I Sat By The Ocean, to sluggish, funky Wanna Make It With Chu, to kick-ass rockers like Little Sister, to melodic piano ballads like Vampyre, to progressive songs like Mosquito, and so on. Simply too varied to be dismissed entirely, unless you just hate music in general. And the guitar sound is different from record to record, too. I almost wanted to say you could hate his voice (which is take it or leave it), sure, but even that is not a constant with Oliveri providing screamo vocals back on early records and Lanegan bringing in his beautiful voice on some songs, too. Heh, Homme even managed to make Mr. Dull himself, Dave Grohl, temporarily cool by placing him back behind the drums where he ought to be for Songs for the Deaf. I certainly don't like everything from QOTSA, but there is a good couple of dozens songs there that are fantastic and spans such a varied style of music. He is also a gifted featured musician, and I immediately think of Iggy Pop and Lanegan, and of course Eagles of Death Metal.

But a douche? Sure, at times.

And since I am in a rambling mood. Anyone listened to the last record? Aforementioned Fortress is great. A song to his kids about getting through shitty times. But what I particularly like is how it starts off a bit electronically ambient and then this cool guitar riff kicks and becomes more and more distinct in the mix, before the songs ends with this dual guitar riffing. Another great song off the last record is Evil has Landed which is more traditional QOTSA song with a chugging riff from Homme, but then it ends and this catchy rock start songs for a minute or so before ending. The whole record is just overflowing with ideas and creativity. 

1 hour ago, soon said:

:lol:

Im no fan of Josh.  I dont like his music (minus some kyuss that I liked as a youngster) and I hate his stupid face.  But Iggys Post Pop Depression is one of my favourite albums in recent years.  In my romanticizing of it, it may go down as the last great rock album.  And I hate to admit that Joshs contribution to the album made an impact, imo.

Dang that felt gross to say!

I simply cannot imagine him having any benefit, be it playing or production. And I'm not really an Iggy fan (I don't mind him, don't love him either), I have very low expectations but I'll give it a listen if I remember tonight.

49 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

If I kick you in the face for NO FUCKING REASON and then say sorry should you not charge me?  I would expect charges which is why I don't do that myself

can you explain how you think this was some kind of accident?  Maybe I watched another video but he was already passed her and brought foot back to kick her or the camera whatever.  There is ZERO way this was an accident.

Accident as in, he didn't seem to be like fuck this bitch I'm gonna kick her in the face. Was kicking at the camera intentional? Sure. 

32 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The reason why you don't kick people is because you would get charged? :lol: Laws, yay!

As for it being an accident: He certainly wanted to kick the camera but it probably was an accidental that the camera flew and hit her face. Or do people think that was his intention :lol:

As for not liking his music (and nothing to do with your post, gunsguy). It's too varied to be rejected altogether. With Kyuss I understand it. It is a monotonous type of music you either like or don't. But QOTSA is so varied, from trippy, happy I Sat By The Ocean, to sluggish, funky Wanna Make It With Chu, to kick-ass rockers like Little Sister, to melodic piano ballads like Vampyre, to progressive songs like Mosquito, and so on. Simply too varied to be dismissed entirely, unless you just hate music in general. And the guitar sound is different from record to record, too. I almost wanted to say you could hate his voice (which is take it or leave it), sure, but even that is not a constant with Oliveri providing screamo vocals back on early records and Lanegan bringing in his beautiful voice on some songs, too. Heh, Homme even managed to make Mr. Dull himself, Dave Grohl, temporarily cool by placing him back behind the drums where he ought to be for Songs for the Deaf. I certainly don't like everything from QOTSA, but there is a good couple of dozens songs there that are fantastic and spans such a varied style of music. He is also a gifted featured musician, and I immediately think of Iggy Pop and Lanegan, and of course Eagles of Death Metal.

And since I am in a rambling mood. Anyone listened to the last record? Aforementioned Fortress is great. A song to his kids about getting through shitty times. But what I particularly like is how it starts off a bit electronically ambient and then this cool guitar riff kicks and becomes more and more distinct in the mix, before the songs ends with this dual guitar riffing. Another great song off the last record is Evil has Landed which is more traditional QOTSA song with a chugging riff from Homme, but then it ends and this catchy rock start songs for a minute or so before ending. The whole record is just overflowing with ideas and creativity. 

Sorry I said that wrong, I wouldn't randomly kick anyone TBH for any reason.  If I had a reason sure but in this case I don't see a reason why she or anyone deserved that

• Like 1

Seems like assault anyway you look at it and he should have to face the legal consequences for his actions......and I am not sure I buy the sincerity of his apology either......if he was so concerned he should reach out to her personally and try to contact her to check on her condition ......his " I hope she is alright" comment seems pretty weak IMHO..........

44 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I simply cannot imagine him having any benefit, be it playing or production. And I'm not really an Iggy fan (I don't mind him, don't love him either), I have very low expectations but I'll give it a listen if I remember tonight.

I dunno shit about Josh Homme, literally zero except the Iggy album and the Iggy album is quite brilliant.

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Plus he's on the best supergroup album of the 2000s, if not ever.

44 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Hope you enjoy it.  If not, I blame Josh!  :lol:

I think Iggy gets what he wants and needs from his collaborators anyways - its iggys skills that draws out their best.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts if you do get to have a listen

• Like 1

Thinking about this is giving me kind of painful flashbacks to when I was about 10 and a girl from my street was cycling past me while we were all playing in the street and I put a stick through the spokes of her bike, she flew like 6 feet and skinned her hands pretty dreadfully. I have absolutely no reason or excuse for it, I had nothing against this lassie, no bad blood or arguments, she was a pretty inoffensive person who'd never done anything to me... Like, what the fuck did I think was going to happen? Occasionally it still re-enters my head and I still can't justify it, but it's just accompanied by this overwhelming sense of shame and incredulity that I could ever pretend to be a decent human being after it.

I guess that's probably how Josh Homme feels today.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I think we need more of this shit, bring a bit of fuckin' aggression back to rock n roll and weed out all the fuckin' iphone waving lanyard sporting buttercups from the crowd, fuckssake, he's only clipped ya, why being such a pussy about it, get over it, I've been knocked into harder in fuckin' mosh pits than that little swipey kick, no wonder crowds are fuckin' dud these days.

Although I don't condone any rock star kicking cameras/fans....I sort of agree with this....rock n' roll has lost its edge....and people at shows act like they are there watching an opera. 

People need to learn that there is a certain inherent risk of being on the rail, hanging over the stage, etc....back in the day, the average person standing up there would have gotten hit around/pushed around, etc at least a half a dozen times during a concert...and if you had a camera and tried to take a pic there was an above average chance that a guy named Axl would have stage dived off the stage and taken your camera away. :lol:

Well, anyway, good for him for apologizing and hopefully the fan can let it go. 

Edited by Kasanova King

I couldn't name one song by the bugger. I do not even know what band he is in.

5 hours ago, Graeme said:

Thinking about this is giving me kind of painful flashbacks to when I was about 10 and a girl from my street was cycling past me while we were all playing in the street and I put a stick through the spokes of her bike, she flew like 6 feet and skinned her hands pretty dreadfully. I have absolutely no reason or excuse for it, I had nothing against this lassie, no bad blood or arguments, she was a pretty inoffensive person who'd never done anything to me... Like, what the fuck did I think was going to happen? Occasionally it still re-enters my head and I still can't justify it, but it's just accompanied by this overwhelming sense of shame and incredulity that I could ever pretend to be a decent human being after it.

Crikey, you're one cold motherfucker!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Graeme said:

Except that he is a grown man while you were a kid. 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Graeme said:

I thought we'd all done that :lol:  Me and my brother used to get em with these black widow caterpaults we got out of the fishing shop, some of em used to go sailing :lol:  Another fun thing was like, breaking the neighbours green house?  Cuz like gardens are really small here right?  So if two doors down have got a greenhouse you can lob a big stone two gardens over crash into their greenhouse roof and then run indoors :lol:  Got caught doing that actually!  Or my brother did rather. 

Another one was gluing 50p to the floor outside the cornershop, hiding behind the phonebooth and when someone bends over you get em right in the arse with the caterpault and run :lol:  I got weeks of fun out of that 50p, everytime we went round the cornershop we'd just hang out and for at least the first week within ten minutes someone would be along and try and pick that fucker up off the floor.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I thought we'd all done that :lol:  Me and my brother used to get em with these black widow caterpaults we got out of the fishing shop, some of em used to go sailing :lol:  Another fun thing was like, breaking the neighbours green house?  Cuz like gardens are really small here right?  So if two doors down have got a greenhouse you can lob a big stone two gardens over crash into their greenhouse roof and then run indoors :lol:  Got caught doing that actually!  Or my brother did rather. 

Another one was gluing 50p to the floor outside the cornershop, hiding behind the phonebooth and when someone bends over you get em right in the arse with the caterpault and run :lol:  I got weeks of fun out of that 50p, everytime we went round the cornershop we'd just hang out and for at least the first week within ten minutes someone would be along and try and pick that fucker up off the floor.

Oh, you wee scallywags... Your childhood sounds like something out of the Beano :lol: . Thanks for making me feel like less of an arsehole though.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Oh, you wee scallywags... Your childhood sounds like something out of the Beano :lol: . Thanks for making me feel like less of an arsehole though.

Lots of it was bored sitting indoors watching the telly...which is what led to the other stuff, after 5pm you had a choice between watching neighbours and home and away...or getting into mischief.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

You might as well call yourself Bart Simpson. :lol: 

32 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

How many people did he grow up to kill?

None actually, he ended up being a paramedic last i heard :lol:  It weren't as deliberate as it sounded in that post, he had just bought this brand shiney new BB gun, this gas powered thing that like...would repeatedly shoot without having to cock it, so we were fuckin' around with this BB guns, shooting shit in his room, shooting each other etc etc (in the thigh, stings like a bitch for like 3 seconds with a normal BB gun).  Anyway so then he's looking out his window and there's this fat ginger cat sitting on a fence post, he pointed at it and let off a fuckload of shot and this thing fell off with a thud and we were like oh shit...and ran outside and looked around in his back garden and eventually we saw it and it was...alive but sort of hobbling a bit so we thought phew, OK, crisis averted.  Next day it was in his garden dead.  I think he ended up chucking it over his fence into the school field behind it.  For all we know, i dunno, maybe it got attacked by something through the night but I'm pretty sure it was probably the effect of getting shot at.  In retrospect I'm not sure exactly what we expected would happen because when it fell with a thud we were both kinda worried, I guess he, like myself, must've thought that it'd go RAOOOWWWWW n run off.

2 hours ago, Graeme said:

You get cheered up hearing about our juvenile transgressions? Okay, from the top of my head: threw wooden boards down onto the highway just after a turn so drivers wouldn't notice until they ran into it, resulted in a man chasing us through the woods; beat up a life-like child-sized doll so a bus pulled over to stop me; strung up a rope over a bike road in "throat height" when it was dark; made home-made bombs but had to hide it all when a class mate snitched on us to the police; filled a co-workers hard-hat with industrial soap when he was in for lunch, forgetting his hypersensitive skin condition and although it almost cost me that job it was still better than my original plan which was to pour bovine laxative into his coffee; fitted excrement-soaked spikes into a newly dug hole and covered it with branches and leaves; occasional burglary; manipulated a friend to throw a dud hand grenade into the teachers' room at school; stole fruits and vegetables from neighbors' gardens. A friend shot some electricity pole and caused an electricity outlet in a large area of my hometown, I was not part of that, and neither was I in the group who rolled dry dog shit into small balls and tried to fool small kids it was candy. I also don't think I was part of covering a neigbouring - and rival school - in liquid cow dung using a tractor and industrial equipment for dispersing manure on fields. Shit, there must be much more.

Thanks for making me feel like less of an arsehole though.

Look at it this way Skipper, you feel bad why, because she fell and hurt herself?  That don't make you uniquely fuckin' cruel or evil, people hurting themselves is funny.  Not the most popular statement out there but its true, or it can be true, why'd you think Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin is popular?  Why'd you think 'fat lady falls down a hole' has got millions of fuckin' hits on youtube.