VIA Blabbermouth- MYLES KENNEDY Says There Are No Concrete Plans To Work On New SLASH Solo Album

Something doesn't add up here. Myles is working on his solo album right now and then Alter Bridge in 2019. But Megan said Slash will be working on SMKC record... 

Doesn't seem like there is any real window to do SMKC any time soon. 

Either Slash is doing Gun's stuff and Megan is throwing everyone off the scent or Slash needs a new singer. 

Or there won't be any Gun's or SMKC new music in the near future

Just a complete guess:

To me it seems like Slash was unsure when he'd be free from Guns commitments.  Maybe he even mentioned some dates to his band, when theyd reconvene, and then had to postpone (just based on little comments here and there from people involved like 'maybe fall' and 'maybe spring')?  No mater what the specific machinations were, seems like Myles just decided not to wait any longer.  And just when Myles finally decided to go full steam with his album, I bet thats when Slash called them all back to the studio (parallels to Axl and Nu Guns members).  Hence confusion from Meegans end and monotone responses from Myles - guys trying to launch a solo career and all he's asked about is Slash, who Myles had potentially just sat around waiting for.

So I concur with others that Slash and the Conspirators might be without a singer.  I vote for Brian Johnson!

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

Axl and Slash have invested so much by reuniting, that to go back to either nuGuns or SKMC would be pointless and burning the potential to capitalize on current momentum and cash inflow. Realistically, most people would be more interested in hearing new music from the two than more solo projects. I know we should not expect the expected with Guns, but i honestly do think a new GN'R album is the logical step going forward, and this is what i expect the band to do in the near future.

• GNFNR 2

It would be great to have a new singer on the Conspirators thing. As much as I learned to stand Myles voice I'd trade him for pretty much anyone in a heartbeat.

But it'll be a sad day on earth if Slash stops his career to do nothing creative with Guns while every rumour points Axl working on something with Angus. We'd lose two creative minds and composers instead of just Axl.

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, soon said:

Just a complete guess:

To me it seems like Slash was unsure when he'd be free from Guns commitments.  Maybe he even mentioned some dates to his band, when theyd reconvene, and then had to postpone (just based on little comments here and there from people involved like 'maybe fall' and 'maybe spring')?  No mater what the specific machinations were, seems like Myles just decided not to wait any longer.  And just when Myles finally decided to go full steam with his album, I bet thats when Slash called them all back to the studio (parallels to Axl and Nu Guns members).  Hence confusion from Meegans end and monotone responses from Myles - guys trying to launch a solo career and all he's asked about is Slash, who Myles had potentially just sat around waiting for.

So I concur with others that Slash and the Conspirators might be without a singer.  I vote for Brian Johnson!

Or..Slash does another Slash & Friends album, where Axl can sing a few. Awesome idea?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Or NITL goes on into 2019?

Yes, very real possibility and Once it wraps, Slash starts working on basic tracks with Todd and Brent and when Myles finishes touring with AB they finish up writing and hit the studio.

Fingers crossed that Myles not being around spurs Slash on to pursue a new Guns record... With Duff gone for the first part of next year with Walking papers, It's hard to see an all new Guns record materialising... but maybe it's the best of CD II and some new material that we've talked about many times before? possible. Might sound a bit thrown together though? but who knows! I hope they record some music, but I don't expect it... expectations are low.

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Or..Slash does another Slash & Friends album, where Axl can sing a few. Awesome idea?

Can't see a situation of Axl and Slash writing new music and it not being for a new Guns record, but crazier things have happened in the last 3-4 years.

Bet you S”MK”C will continue on with a new singer. Slash has been hanging out with a lot of the conspirators as of late and he’s not going to want to sit still and want for Myles to return.

And if he’s not going to wait for Myles, he’s sure as fuck not going to wait around for Axl to do anything.

2 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Axl and Slash have invested so much by reuniting, that to go back to either nuGuns or SKMC would be pointless and burning the potential to capitalize on current momentum and cash inflow. Realistically, most people would be more interested in hearing new music from the two than more solo projects. I know we should not expect the expected with Guns, but i honestly do think a new GN'R album is the logical step going forward, and this is what i expect the band to do in the near future.

Agreed. Either Axl works with Axl/DC or he makes a GnR album with Slash. I really don't see GNR going back to NuGNR with a different guitar player. Its either full nostalgia act mode, or a new album.

A lot of impatience with these guys. Reminds me of this forum. :lol: I’m still one of the fools who still holds out hope for new music, however this information isn’t making me suddenly believe there’s any better chance of it happening. Just because Myles is out, doesn’t mean it’s an automatic go for new Guns music. It could just be another chapter in the Slash and friends saga, only this time with a new singer. I have nothing against them, but Axl Rose and Slash are together again, as much as I appreciate music of all kinds, Axl and Slash making new music is where the $$$ is, plain and simple. 

51 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I'd be into that.  With Conspirators I'd hope.  But it would be awesome to have Freese back for the Axl tracks, lol.  

I cant see it happening, but who knows anymore with this band.

3 hours ago, Crowebar said:

I vote for Slash focusing his energy on new Guns material. They all have the material sitting there waiting and ready to go. Especially Axl. Man it must be a mountain of stuff of Axls alone. This is very possible. Please let this happen Axl... :headbang:

In a fantasy world where they come out with a new album, it would be great if they didn't use any ideas they have leftover from god knows when.  Wish they (axl, slash, duff, fortus, etc.) could all or in pairs or whatever, just get together and write new and fresh material.  Stuff that is actually relevant to them today, in a style that actually fits them today (i.e. the strengths of Axl's current voice).

I really don't care to hear old stuff that already exists and then slash/duff or even axl just add their contributions to it.  I want them to actually write some stuff together from scratch!  That will ultimately make the best record.  So as long as we're all dreaming of a new album in our fantasy worlds, this would be the perfect scenario.

But in reality, they will never put out a new album and there will be a NITL tour part 3 and then 4, and then 5....

• Like 1