where's Pitman?

whatashame

I haven't heard a single piece of news about Pitman since that 'Nostalgia act' comment after which he got kicked out. What was it? 2015?

No, wait! There was this one news - he sued Axl.

What has been up with him since? No bands, no Sex Tapes reunions,no photo ops, no nothing

Edited by whatashame
typo
  • Like 1

Back to working in studio with Tool.  I havent followed closely but it may still be some time before that gets released.  Although Maynard finally pulled the trigger on ACP album so thats a good sign.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/tool-working-guns-n-roses-member-new-album/

And he announced a side project with Tools Danna Carey and Skinny Puppy alum

http://loudwire.com/ex-guns-n-roses-chris-pitman-oldies-gnr-reunion/

Basically right back to where Axl found him, except that now Tool is like NuGnR as far as album gestation and label issues.

• Like 1

He hasn't posted anything on facebook and twitter since mid-2016. That makes me wonder why. 

I think that he was either blacklisted in the music studios of L.A. or he ran out of money again. I can't explain his absence in another way.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, soon said:

Back to working in studio with Tool.  I havent followed closely but it may still be some time before that gets released.  Although Maynard finally pulled the trigger on ACP album so thats a good sign.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/tool-working-guns-n-roses-member-new-album/

And he announced a side project with Tools Danna Carey and Skinny Puppy alum

http://loudwire.com/ex-guns-n-roses-chris-pitman-oldies-gnr-reunion/

Basically right back to where Axl found him, except that now Tool is like NuGnR as far as album gestation and label issues.

I really don't think he's involved with the Tool album. The picture from your first link is most likely from that side project with Danny Carey though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CheapJon said:

I really don't think he's involved with the Tool album. The picture from your first link is most likely from that side project with Danny Carey though. 

Oh, I was just going by what was reported their, but havent been following closely.  I dont doubt you, but am curious why you dont think he is?

• Like 1

It's really sad what happened to Pitman. He surely was one of the best musicians of the 90's and Axl hired him mainly because of the “Free Mars“ album from Lusk. He also studied art in Kansas. 

Here are some of his paintings:

http://chrispitman.com/art/paintings.php 

Edited by Sosso

8 minutes ago, Lio said:

Okay, I'll bite. What makes you say he was one of the best musicians in the 90s?

Because of his discography from that time

Replicants from Replicants

Zaum from Zaum

Free Mars from Lusk

Third Eye from Tool

Edited by Sosso

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

His discography from that time

Replicants from Replicants

Zaum from Zaum

Free Mars from Lusk

Third Eye from Tool

Of all of those, I've only ever heard of Tool, and I don't like them. As far as I see, Third Eye only has Pitman as 'additional synth' and he's just listed as an additional musician? It's not as if he's written it or anything, at least by the look of it. Zaum only ever released one demo? Replicants is a cover album.

It looks pretty poor to be calling him one of the best musicians of the 90s, but of course you're entitled to your own opinion, and great if you enjoy that stuff :)

@Lio It doesn't matter how much someone puts out. The Sex Pistols released only one album in their entire career and they have the status of punk rock legends. However, I think that Free Mars from Lusk is one of the best albums from the 90's. Have you listened to the songs Mindray and Kill the King?

16 hours ago, Sosso said:

@Lio It doesn't matter how much someone puts out. The Sex Pistols released only one album in their entire career and they have the status of punk rock legends. However, I think that Free Mars from Lusk is one of the best albums from the 90's. Have you listened to the songs Mindray and Kill the King?

Lets not compare Chris Pitman to the Sex Pistols.

tenor.gif

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Sosso said:

It's really sad what happened to Pitman. He surely was one of the best musicians of the 90's and Axl hired him mainly because of the “Free Mars“ album from Lusk. He also studied art in Kansas. 

Here are some of his paintings:

http://chrispitman.com/art/paintings.php 

Thanks for posting these!  There is some great stuff here and its not even a genre Im drawn too.  I like it!  Seems like it would fit on the alternate CD booklets.  I figure the music is his too?

22 hours ago, soon said:

Oh, I was just going by what was reported their, but havent been following closely.  I dont doubt you, but am curious why you dont think he is?

Well, first off. Why would he? As Lio pointed out. Pitman's only collaboration with Tool is "additional synth" on a song from back in 1996. The "information" in the first link is nothing more than a guess from the one who wrote it based on Pitman's tweet. Sure #toolband and #dannycarey was hashtagged but so was #kentbrisley who seems to be Chris and Danny's mutual friend guitarist. Why would he be hashtagged and not actual Tool members? Likely because they weren't recording for Tool but one of their own mutual projects. The three of them seem to have been in a couple of bands together. 

So why hashtag Tool? Publicity, without that hashtag the "article" would likely never have been written.

Tom Morello posted on instagram last week that he was honored to be the first "outsider" hearing new Tool music, still without vocals though.

Body of Work

XR4 - Vocals, electronics in 1982.

Replicants (BMG/Zoo) - Record of cover material by Pitman, Ken Andrews, Greg Edwards, and Paul D'amour.

ZAUM - guitar, electronics, and lead vocals with Danny Carey of Tool, and Marko Fox of SexTapes.

Tool (BMG/Zoo) - In 1994/95, Pitman toured with them and, in 1996, played synths on the song "Third Eye".

Failure - Contributed sound effects and sound mixing.

Lusk (BMG/Zoo) - Recording, production, mixing, mastering, lead vocals, multi-instrumentation in this Grammy-nominated band in 1996-97.

Sony Panic (DogFight) - Guitar and live software management with this L.A. experimental/improvisational band in 1997.

Blinker the Star (A&M & Dreamworks) - Contributed keyboards to the song "Kween Kat" of the album Bourgeois Kitten in 1996. Co-wrote the single "Below the Sliding Doors" in 1998.

Savvy Soviets - Production/collaboration in Rio de Janeiro in 2003.

Electric Company (Tigerbeat6) - Synthesizer on the album Creative Playthings. Played live with this Brad Laner electronic music project in 2004.

The Source of Uncertainty - Recording with Danny Carey and others in 2008.

SexTapes - Working with Kelly Wheeler, Marko Fox, and Ryan Brown starting in 2006.

Guns N' Roses - In 1998, Pitman joined this hard rock band as songwriter, co-producer, and instrumentalist.

Current Work

SexTapesTM: On ToneRiot Records 2008. Lead Vocals, multi-instrumentalist, Producer, with Kelly Wheeler (Guitars), Marko Fox (Bass), Ryan Brown (Drums) recorded at The Pass Studios (Hollywood).

Source of Uncertainty: Recording in 2007 - with Danny Carey (multi-instrumental). An Experimental project involving only pre-1960s devices.

Nowhere Man (Single) feat. Chris Pitman: On Rick Devin's Old School - 2" CD, Red Cloud Records Records 2011. Lead Vocals, Background Vocals, with Rick Devin (Lead Vocals, Back-Vocals, Guitars, Bass), Chet McCracken (Drums), recorded at Stray Horse Studios (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)

http://www.toolband.wikia.com/wiki/Chris_Pitman

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/12/2017 at 6:53 PM, Sosso said:

Body of Work

XR4 - Vocals, electronics in 1982.

Replicants (BMG/Zoo) - Record of cover material by Pitman, Ken Andrews, Greg Edwards, and Paul D'amour.

ZAUM - guitar, electronics, and lead vocals with Danny Carey of Tool, and Marko Fox of SexTapes.

Tool (BMG/Zoo) - In 1994/95, Pitman toured with them and, in 1996, played synths on the song "Third Eye".

Failure - Contributed sound effects and sound mixing.

Lusk (BMG/Zoo) - Recording, production, mixing, mastering, lead vocals, multi-instrumentation in this Grammy-nominated band in 1996-97.

Sony Panic (DogFight) - Guitar and live software management with this L.A. experimental/improvisational band in 1997.

Blinker the Star (A&M & Dreamworks) - Contributed keyboards to the song "Kween Kat" of the album Bourgeois Kitten in 1996. Co-wrote the single "Below the Sliding Doors" in 1998.

Savvy Soviets - Production/collaboration in Rio de Janeiro in 2003.

Electric Company (Tigerbeat6) - Synthesizer on the album Creative Playthings. Played live with this Brad Laner electronic music project in 2004.

The Source of Uncertainty - Recording with Danny Carey and others in 2008.

SexTapes - Working with Kelly Wheeler, Marko Fox, and Ryan Brown starting in 2006.

Guns N' Roses - In 1998, Pitman joined this hard rock band as songwriter, co-producer, and instrumentalist.

Current Work

SexTapesTM: On ToneRiot Records 2008. Lead Vocals, multi-instrumentalist, Producer, with Kelly Wheeler (Guitars), Marko Fox (Bass), Ryan Brown (Drums) recorded at The Pass Studios (Hollywood).

Source of Uncertainty: Recording in 2007 - with Danny Carey (multi-instrumental). An Experimental project involving only pre-1960s devices.

Nowhere Man (Single) feat. Chris Pitman: On Rick Devin's Old School - 2" CD, Red Cloud Records Records 2011. Lead Vocals, Background Vocals, with Rick Devin (Lead Vocals, Back-Vocals, Guitars, Bass), Chet McCracken (Drums), recorded at Stray Horse Studios (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)

http://www.toolband.wikia.com/wiki/Chris_Pitman

So basically, a lot of fart studio work. I dont doubt the guy knows his stuff but he seems to be useless in a band as everything he did was contribute to farts on peoples album and release a few demos of weird stuff. The only reason he got a job on GNR is because he had connections to people Axl wished to be friends with at the time. Poor Axl... Paying for friendship. 20 years and still nobody cares for sub bass. 

Edited by default_

• 2 months later...
On 12/29/2017 at 5:32 PM, Silent Jay said:

I miss Pitman. I miss Pitman in Guns N' Roses.

It's been awhile like two years since the lawsuit that we haven't got any news from him. I hope he's good.

We can only hope for the best. I hope that he will release new music rather sooner than later.