What is the worst UYI tour concert?

I've listened to most UYI Tour bootlegs (at least 100 or so) and I must say that the St Louis show is by far one of the worst shows of that tour in my opinion, and that's not because of the riot.

The band wasn't tight, Axl sounded bad and was pissed about everything, Slash and Matt were drugged out of their minds... It's almost a blessing that the show ended the way that it did, put it out of it's misery.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

Axl sounded great this show but the whole fight with stephanie seymour made him sit most of the show 

Reminds me of the 2010 show where he was pissed about something in Dublin and sat the whole show- sounded like he did on the studio versions for that concert.

• Like 1

There aren't bad shows from UYI era.

All the bad came after.

3 hours ago, sidman69 said:

Axl sounded great this show but the whole fight with stephanie seymour made him sit most of the show 

How do we know he sat down and was pissed because of fights with Stephanie? :question:

Helsinki 1991 is an odd one. Axl just randomly leaves so they do an instrumental jam over Jungle and then just break off into drum and guitar solos and whatnot. 14 Years also gets played while Axl is gone. When Axl finally comes back they do Jungle properly and then only a few more songs. Riots aside it's got to be one of the shortest UYI shows so that alone would rank it near the bottom based on duration and setlist.

Rio de Janeiro, December 13th, 1992. The show ended in KOHD, the vibe wasn’t good among the band members, they seemed disconnected from each other, the only ones who seemed to try to bring something good to the stage were Gilby and Matt. This one was the only GNR show I can say that wasn’t worth going.

58 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Indiana 1991 and Tokyo 1992 were rough for Axl vocally but Tokyo wasn't that bad. As far as the rest of the band though, Tokyo was one of the best performances ever by GN'R

I haven’t watched Indiana in a long time but I remember slash’s guitar being pretty sloppy? I think he was wasted 

3 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

I don’t understand how someone can say Tokyo 92 sucked.... Axls rasp was great. Yeah he was extra raspy and some might not like that... but it’s still Amazing and better than a lot of 88 shows rasp wise 

I agree.. Those were good shows.. I used to listen to the audio bootlegs in high school all the time..  Watching  them is tough only because it is hard to take Axl seriously.. Those biker shorts with big goofy jackets. Not a good look..  That and his washing and blow drying his hair in between songs was kind of weird too.. Not very rock n' roll.  

On 26/12/2017 at 10:18 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

Reminds me of the 2010 show where he was pissed about something in Dublin and sat the whole show- sounded like he did on the studio versions for that concert.

My first time seeing GNR at that show in Dublin. You're right though he sounded great because he stood back by the drums and just sang and didn't move around. 

When I saw them in 2012 in Dublin again he had falling off a table in I want to say Moscow and couldn't run around then either but again he sounded great again. 

On 12/26/2017 at 6:48 PM, F*ck Fear said:

Indianna 1991 was rough vocally. Axl sounded sick.

When speaking about Soundboards/Pro that we've seen, I think the Japan 1992 release is worse than some gigs like Oklahoma or Chicago of the same year.

Axl didn't sound sick...he was sick.  Regardless you have no idea how awesome those two shows were.  

17 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I haven’t watched Indiana in a long time but I remember slash’s guitar being pretty sloppy? I think he was wasted 

He was beyond wasted, but that was fairly normal at the time.  

On 27/12/2017 at 5:38 AM, megaguns1982 said:

i have no idea how can someone dislike INDIANA 1991, that is a truly fantastic performance, you take any song from that show and it is like at minimum 18 times better than all Guns n Remains shows from 1992 and like minimum 1.8 billion times better than the entire guns n aliens tour! the only shitty thing about INDIANA 1991 is that izzy's guitar is barely audible and they didnt play nightrain and pretty tied up and nightrain and bad apples and nightrain and think about you and nightrain

7 hours ago, J Dog said:

I guess I can see how some would say the Indiana show, if you're wanting clean studio type vocals. But I love that show, one of my favorites from that tour. Axl sounds like his throat is ripped to shreds and he just keeps on going for it. It's a kinda crazy, sick sound. Always thought that added some personality to that show.

exactly!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Underhardy said:

I don’t understand how someone can say Tokyo 92 sucked.... Axls rasp was great. Yeah he was extra raspy and some might not like that... but it’s still Amazing and better than a lot of 88 shows rasp wise 

it sucked like every show from 1992 because it was a guns n remains show and that band sounded horrible with the entire circus onstage but yeah there are like one or two good moments on that one nightrain is pretty good

On 12/27/2017 at 7:39 AM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Indiana 1991 and Tokyo 1992 were rough for Axl vocally but Tokyo wasn't that bad. As far as the rest of the band though, Tokyo was one of the best performances ever by GN'R

Axl also had some very good vocals in Tokyo. In my opinion he did an amazing version of Don't Cry for example. :)