[RUMOR] Is Dj Ashba Coming Back This Next Summer?

As much as I hate the idea I don't think it's impossible. It was rumoured that Axl wanted DJ as a 3rd guitarist and he had the 3 guitarist line ups for a long time, now initially this probably wasn't doable because of money/disagreement or both but if new contract negotiations are going on just maybe he will make a return particularly if he is still on studio material that's going to be released. Plus Axl can afford to sole fund DJ to be in the band if he really wants now after 2 years of very lucrative touring. Hell, we could end up with anyone! :lol:

I can't see Slash being thrilled but I don't believe Slash has a line in the sand as such, he's already presumably compromised on CD material being featured heavily at the shows so I think he might accept DJ in return for a bigger slice of the pie or whatever his contract demands are. I think at this point is his career his main aim (along with Duff) is probably to keep Axl happy enough so the plug doesn't get pulled on GNR again. As long as the big 3 are on stage I don't think any replacement or rotation of other band members will affect ticket or merch sales one bit.

As to DJ replacing Slash, this would be the most ridiculous move ever but if anyone could brazenly do it, it's Axl. :rofl-lol:

That said I hope it's all just hot air and hype on DJ's part, we've all only just got used to the current line up.

• Like 1

There is no way DJ is coming back to Guns. He was still in the band when Axl asked him about being part of the reunion. DJ had the chance to be part of the hype of the reunion but thankfully left the band. Now DJ isn’t in a band he’s probably using his time in GNR as promotion for a solo album to which Axl would probably guest on a couple of songs. 

When people say there's no fucking way in hell that DJ would come back to GN'R..................... it reminds me of when people here said there would be no fucking way in hell that Axl sings for AC/DC :lol: or that Slash would return to GN'R :lol:

Unfortunately, in a business machine ruled by Axl and TB, all disaster and shot in the foot is possible :cry:

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

This better be some kind of sick fuckin joke! :mellow::nervous:

For me is pure speculation 😒

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

For the record, @Silent Jay asked if it was ok to start this thread and I said it was fine by me. There's not a lot to discuss right now anyway and it does seem like DJ(tm) is using GN'R to promote himself at the very least.

On topic, this is how far I'd like DJ(tm) to stay from GN'R for the rest of his life:
People-on-opposite-sides-of-the-earth.pn

😅😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluefish18 said:

Maybe Fortus is bailing out?  He seemed less and less into the shows as the tour went on.

I would actually welcome that change... I didn't follow NuGuns when Ashba was in the band but from the clips I saw he didn't bother me.. From what I gather most people didn't like his leads.. Maybe if he replaced Fortus he would be happy to be the rhythm guitarist and nothing more. He was also a fan of the band unlike Fortus so maybe he would stay more true to the original recordings..

Honestly though I wouldn't be surprised if he rejoined as a third guitarist again.. Unfortunately the band isn't that much different than NuGuns anyway.. It wouldn't surprise me at all at this point..

I’m probably one of the few die-hards that would enjoy seeing Dj back. Always liked his enthusiasm for the gig. 2009-14 was my favorite part of the Chinese-era- as I enjoyed the live shows, Dj’s solo spots and studio take on “Better”. Band had more of a “classic”-vibe too. 

Hard to see how Dj really “slots in” the NITL Line-Up w/Slash though... unless he’s somehow just going to be hanging back way in the shadows laying down some additional rhythm, etc.

• Like 1

Ashba/Slash wouldn't work at all imo. 

Ashba always said that he was brought into GN'R more as a songwriter/producer rather than a touring member, which at the end turned out to be bs. Still, if he's working with the guys, it's probably on new music (as a songwriter, producer, whatever) and/or marketing.