[RUMOR] Is Dj Ashba Coming Back This Next Summer?

Four pages long already :lol:

I guess there will be threads like this as long as there are no actual news or shows.

Speculation can be a fun way to pass the time, but I'm not so sure about this particular one :confused:

EDIT: To answer the question, no, I don't think he's coming back.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

When people say there's no fucking way in hell that DJ would come back to GN'R..................... it reminds me of when people here said there would be no fucking way in hell that Axl sings for AC/DC :lol: or that Slash would return to GN'R :lol:

Unfortunately, in a business machine ruled by Axl and TB, all disaster and shot in the foot is possible :cry:

That gosh darn Axl, really shot himself in the foot when he got Slash back and helped AC/DC out!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

That gosh darn Axl, really shot himself in the foot when he got Slash back and helped AC/DC out!

I said Axl and his business machine which is Guns N' Roses, not ACDC, as far as I know :facepalm:

And yes, he did shoot himself in the foot when he led everybody to leave the band. Shoot himself in the foot again when he decided to carry on with a version of GN'R that he could never legitimize and shoot himself in the foot with the release of Chinese Democracy.

If he brings Ashba back to the band and if he loses Slash at the same time, that is going to be one more of his trademarked asshole moves he does with this band, from time to time.

Just now, killuridols said:

I said Axl and his business machine which is Guns N' Roses, not ACDC, as far as I know :facepalm:

And yes, he did shoot himself in the foot when he led everybody to leave the band. Shoot himself in the foot again when he decided to carry on with a version of GN'R that he could never legitimize and shoot himself in the foot with the release of Chinese Democracy.

If he brings Ashba back to the band and if he loses Slash at the same time, that is going to be one more of his trademarked asshole moves he does with this band, from time to time.

I wonder if that's the actual reason Axl needed the throne, after shooting his foot so much

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Seriously. Did anyone who has attended the 2016/17 shows ever thought: "I think they need a third guitarist."?

Ashba is not replacing Slash and having a third guitarist is as useful as having a fridge in Antarctica. This whole thread is BS/wishful thinking of some strange FakeGNR fans.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Four pages long already :lol:

I guess there will be threads like this as long as there are no actual news or shows.

Speculation can be a fun way to pass the time, but I'm not so sure about this particular one :confused:

EDIT: To answer the question, no, I don't think he's coming back.

Yes😆four pages for nothing 😏

• Like 1

i think outside of a song or two Axl isn’t interest in a third project at the current moment 

But idk what his plans are. I think at the end of the day Ashba will be disappointed by Axl when I‎t comes to progress on anything outside of touring. If he’s bailing on all his projects for Axl then Axl will let him down. Similar to how he’s let us down when it comes to producing any new material 

9 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

But you just warned Axl to get a coffin

I think I should call someone

:facepalm:

I didnt warn anyone...

This whole thread is speculation about the possibility  (real or not) of Ashba coming back to the band and I was talking FIGURATIVELY about it, using expressions as "shot himself in the foot" and so on.

I thought in the context we are talking here, speculation and possible scenarios, there is no need to clarify metaphors and figures of speech.

But since you dont seem to understand it then I will clarify it for you: NO, I DIDN'T DEATH THREAT AXL. What I said was in the figurative and metaphoric context of having Ashba back in the band, he would need a coffin because his band and his career would be "dead", as in, finished.

Do you get it now?

BTW, I saw people in the first pages saying they are going to kill themselves if the Ashba thing happens but I dont see you concerned about them or calling the 911. There are some suicidal people in this thread, you should care for them too ;)

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:facepalm:

I didnt warn anyone...

This whole thread is speculation about the possibility  (real or not) of Ashba coming back to the band and I was talking FIGURATIVELY about it, using expressions as "shot himself in the foot" and so on.

I thought in the context we are talking here, speculation and possible scenarios, there is no need to clarify metaphors and figures of speech.

But since you dont seem to understand it then I will clarify it for you: NO, I DIDN'T DEATH THREAT AXL. What I said was in the figurative and metaphoric context of having Ashba back in the band, he would need a coffin because his band and his career would be "dead", as in, finished.

Do you get it now?

BTW, I saw people in the first pages saying they are going to kill themselves if the Ashba thing happens but I dont see you concerned about them or calling the 911. There are some suicidal people in this thread, you should care for them too ;)

So you're saying Ashba will kill Axl and the members of GNR? That's pretty serious, we should call the police.

I'm suicidal too

1 hour ago, AslatIE said:

So you're saying Ashba will kill Axl and the members of GNR? That's pretty serious, we should call the police.

I'm suicidal too

:facepalm: What has this forum come to? :lol:

On topic, I doubt that Ashba will rejoin because if there are advertisements of the band out there that have been utilised to sell tickets, then Ashba would have had to be included in them to clarify who is in the band, prior to selling tickets as a legal protection. Otherwise, it could count as false advertising. And seeing that Ashba is not very well liked amongst Gn'R fans, it would be risking for a big wave of refund demands on the claims of false advertising, so no, I don't think that he is rejoining. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

One of his hashtags is #newmusic.

Clearly this is not anything to do with GNR.

If it is Axl/GN'R related, my guess is that Ashba may be collaborating with an Axl solo project, or is negotiating terms/guesting for whatever new album Guns is making (as it will likely include CD2 material, and thus, stuff written by Ashba and other previous band members).

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

7 hours ago, BreakDown2014 said:

Ashba always said that he was brought into GN'R more as a songwriter/producer rather than a touring member, which at the end turned out to be bs. Still, if he's working with the guys, it's probably on new music (as a songwriter, producer, whatever) and/or marketing.

Yes. Suppose I could see that. I always thought Dj’s take on “Better” had that “A7X/Sixx:A.M.”-type sheen to it that seems to play well on “modern” (i.e. 2007-present) rock radio. If Axl’s gunning for that type of sound with the “second half of Chinese” material- then Dj’s reinvolvement would possibly make some sense...

Lots of leaps there though. Personally I’m in the camp of expecting that we may only ever see a proper Best Of... album with some bonus tracks or perhaps another live release of some kind...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY