What Are You Listening To 2018

Sosso

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, janrichmond said:

@soon i was a skinhead, we wasn't all racists. We listened to Reggae, ska and 2tone music. 

I understand, I just wondered if even the racists were into black culture - because that would be weird! And it sounds like to the extent of the boots and clothes, that they were. Around here people will always say "non-racist skinhead" when applicable. And something about the colour and lacing of the boot laces I think too?

I was once hosting a folk music open stage in a back room of a cavernous basement pub. Theres a hippy on stage singing and out of no where stage left walks a group of skinheads. Then stage right enters another group of skin heads. They met on stage, nose to nose, and argued about how the one native guy 'cant be a true skin head, only racists can.' Both sides were very passionate, lol. Like the racists werent there to fight minorities, but just to inform them they arent 'true skinheads' and need to stop being skinheads! And the polite, Canadian, hippy quietly played his song the entire time, obscured behind the stand-off :lol:

Its a fascinating history of skinheads in the UK. Even more fascinating is that you were a skin head!! Thats bad ass! I often get the impression that there should be a Jan Richmond biopic.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, soon said:

I understand, I just wondered if even the racists were into black culture - because that would be weird! And it sounds like to the extent of the boots and clothes, that they were. Around here people will always say "non-racist skinhead" when applicable. And something about the colour and lacing of the boot laces I think too?

I was once hosting a folk music open stage in a back room of a cavernous basement pub. Theres a hippy on stage singing and out of no where stage left walks a group of skinheads. Then stage right enters another group of skin heads. They met on stage, nose to nose, and argued about how the one native guy 'cant be a true skin head, only racists can.' Both sides were very passionate, lol. Like the racists werent there to fight minorities, but just to inform them they arent 'true skinheads' and need to stop being skinheads! And the polite, Canadian, hippy quietly played his song the entire time, obscured behind the stand-off :lol:

Its a fascinating history of skinheads in the UK. Even more fascinating is that you were a skin head!! Thats bad ass! I often get the impression that there should be a Jan Richmond biopic.

Give that a go :) 

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

the greatest false start ever...a lost gem

'oi the worse it is the better cuz its a load of shit anyway...i know, i used to know what its like but I ain't heard it for years...and you couldn't play it right'

:lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

6.1m views, blimey...from such humble beginnings.

Best anti war song ever!

OK, so lets agree about the price, 

you want 10 jet liners for 10 prisoners?

boats and tanks and planes is your game

kings and queens and generals

know your name

i see all the innocents

the human sacrifice

and if death comes so cheap

then the same goes for life

BOOM, definitive song on politics and war.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2