What Are You Listening To 2018

Sosso

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got an audio bootleg of the famous 1969 Beatles Apple rooftop concert and have to say it is amazing to see them play together after not doing live shows for so long...just incredible how good they sounded......Man really wished they had done a tour and played the songs from the last 5 albums in concert.........

• Like 2

Just got the new live cd from Ghost. I listened to the Square Hammer. Damn they are just so good live! It brings me back to the times I've seen them.

It's like listening to a record. Papa sounds amazing live and whoever he gets each time to play in his band are exceptional musicians too.

Can't wait to continue listening to this cd.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:08 PM, classicrawker said:

Just got an audio bootleg of the famous 1969 Beatles Apple rooftop concert and have to say it is amazing to see them play together after not doing live shows for so long...just incredible how good they sounded......Man really wished they had done a tour and played the songs from the last 5 albums in concert.........

Damn. Last time the Beatles played together. I saw the movie and my mom saw the movie back when it was released. It was a bittersweet show.

On 3/22/2018 at 7:08 PM, classicrawker said:

McCartney's original idea was for them to do a tour of clubs and universities: just turn-up and play. It was part of his whole conception of, ''Get Back to where you once belong'', i.e., The Beatles' early club days. George didn't want anything to do with touring again so the idea was quickly jettisoned (I think McCartney revived the idea with Wings in 1972). So the idea became the sole concert.

Originally more exotic locations like a Roman Amphitheatre were discussed but they just sort of did the easiest thing available which was to play on the Apple rooftop. 

I love all the hoity toity Londoner faces below, going ''what in the blazers is that?'' haha.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1