Appetite for Distortion - Ep. 40: London Hudson (SLASH'S SON) / Nico Tsangaris, Classless Act

I think this is very cool that he agreed to do this and that you guys got access to have him on. Going to listen later. I am trying to wake up and get rid of this little hangover.

Can't wait to see what interviews you have in store this year. The podcast is definitely growing. I can't believe it is already on 40. Keep up the good work :headbang:

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Carburetta said:

London: "y'know, I didn't want to live in my dad's shadow, so.. er..I played drums"

Brilliant comment :lol:

So this a podcast all about Guns, and there are forty of them? Will need to check out, the one they talk about with the the original rodey sounds interesting.

Haha, I was so happy when he said that. 

Yup, 40! I can't believe it either. Here's the one with Slash's first roadie.

34 minutes ago, soon said:

They seemed like such nice and interesting fellows until they trashed Its Five O'Clock Somewhere :lol:

j/k Great interview!

Thanks! And I thought that was so telling, but didn’t want to press it and this get negative attention for them or Slash. I WILL say I’m supposed to get Rod Jackson for a future episode. 

27 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@Gambit83 Great podcast, thank you. You seemed to make them feel relaxed so they came across as mature young men and got some interesting chat from them. I really hope they succeed and make it in the industry. 

Thanks so much. That’s always my goal in interviews, make it relaxed and casual. Especially since they’re teenagers, regardless of who’s kid you are talking on the radio can be scary.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

Thanks so much. That’s always my goal in interviews, make it relaxed and casual. Especially since they’re teenagers, regardless of who’s kid you are talking on the radio can be scary.

Exactly!! and that came across so well. Rod Jackson will be interesting.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

I WILL say I’m supposed to get Rod Jackson for a future episode. 

Cool, Ive been in touch with Rod on Facebook, unfortunatelly he didnt have much luck in life and lives thru some hard shit. Guy had such an amazing voice and stage presence. 

Anyways, keep the great job! Thank for all. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2018 at 5:42 PM, Gambit83 said:

Thanks! And I thought that was so telling, but didn’t want to press it and this get negative attention for them or Slash. I WILL say I’m supposed to get Rod Jackson for a future episode. 

Yea man you did a great job in what could've been a dicey situation. I'm 100% convinced their parents really appreciated your approach as well. You definitely earned their respect and trust for future interviews whether it be Classless Act, Pink Slips or maybe even Slash/Duff/Axl some day who knows! They trust you will make it comfortable for them and not make it about the salacious nonsense they usually get from interviewers who aren't fans. 

I've been so impressed by Classless Act. I can see them doing big things once they find the right singer. They certainly seem to have Slashs drive. Couple that with being young 15/16 year olds. You pick up and learn so much at that age. Like how Nico's dad was taking guitar lessons. Then Nico joined him and before you know it he was playing better than his dad.  To the point where he is busting out these amaxing riffs and solos. Nico is right, although he is trying to find his own sound he does play a lot like Slash, Page, Perry and there's nothing wrong with that!

Also I was happy to hear they really dug Nightrain. Learning that song as a guitar player is a dream and as cool as it gets. 

Wish they spoke more highly of Snakepit 2, the energy on that record and Rod's voice. Though Nico did mention how cool the guitar parts are

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2018 at 5:05 PM, soon said:

They seemed like such nice and interesting fellows until they trashed Its Five O'Clock Somewhere :lol:

j/k Great interview!

I know  you are joking like you said they never said that - Nico was talking about the killer riffs on 5 o clock somewhere

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I think after listening to the band jam on instagram they have a groove - Nico is into ZEP-GNR-ACDC , London is into ZEP-ACDC PANTERA AEROSMITH , he mentioned Vinnie Paul as one of his main  influences , PANTERA as a influence with all the other influences this band will rip , It doesnt matter whos son his , I watched several instagram jams of this band and they get it - Groove hard rock , killer band 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 1.1.2018 at 11:42 PM, Gambit83 said:

Wow fucking Rod Jackson? Can you ask him about some songs like 99 Times, I Left My Soul, Dry Jack, Sorry I'm Wrong and Holiday Smile? Those are listed on setlist.fm from live shows before Ryan Roxie even left the band like 1999-2000 and if those songs were demoed, why they were left off, and if Slash brought them from the unreleased 5 o clock songs? You can find some live bootlegs of them too except for 2 of them. Would be interesting to know if Rod kept up with Slashs albums, and if Slash maybe reused some of those songs for his newer albums. Did they work on material for a follow up album before Slash folded the band? When did he find out the band would fold and did Slash give a reason? Does Rod still have the audition tape he gave Slash of his vocals? Would be so interesting to hear that!

Sorry for all those questions :lol:, those are just things I always was intrigued about and thought we'd never know so maybe nows the chance..and I was so disappointed Slash didnt do a song with Rod on his Slash and friends album. I really hope he does another one of those somewhere down the line

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3