Why I think new music is coming

Yep.  This is what I reckon, too.  Don't forget the soundcheck jams last year: 3 in total all playing a variation of the same type of song and Meegan's 'you'll have to wait to hear new music' at the soundless soundcheck.  

The Duff/Walking Papers thing is interesting.  It's a local gig, too, so logistics shouldn't be a problem.  According to Jeff, unlike the first album where Duff just turned up as a favour and played what Jeff had already written, this particular album was a 'whole band effort' where everyone had input and Duff wrote all the bass parts.  Worth bearing in mind he did that while on NITL tour time, plus his Levee Walkers contribution.  Clearly, juggling the different musical demands while on tour has not been a problem.  Jeff and Duff are also good friends, go back a long way.  So it really doesn't make sense that Duff wouldn't be there for his friend and his 'other' bandmates for their first gig during GNR down time, unless something really important had come up. ;)

• Like 2

Todd told Mitch lafon smkc are hitting the studio, and then meegan posted the same on Twitter. Myles not saying it probably has to do with him not wanting to steer attention away from his upcoming album. Poor guy goes out on a promo run and all he gets asked about is slash.

That or he had no idea about meegans tweet and had no official order to reveal it yet to the public from slash.

Slash recently tweeted another 5 years of smkc starting 2018. There is like 3 months left to do the smkc record before Myles album even comes out.

So yeah..

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

1) A 6 month break. I know NITL ran for a long time, but a 6 month break is very excessive. 

Not uncommon for GNR, there was a break lasting nearly two years between the Vegas residency and the Troubadour surprise show, and the eight month break between the 2013 & 2014 tours.  They're old and need their rest :P

2) Axl has expressed interest in releasing new music and even played some for Slash/Duff. 

That doesn't mean it'll see the public light in this lifetime

3) No SMKC. Myles just released a solo album and is doing alter bridge in 2019. There is no time to do a SMKC album. Slash won't release an album and not tour, promote it. 

4) The silence - All Slash fans will know that if he was doing SMKC, he would be excited and sharing various things on social media. But he has a gag order for GNR. Even Joe Perry and Nikki knew not to press further. 

Doesn't mean Slash couldn't do another album similar to R'n'F'n'R with a slew of guest musicians, 2018 is a lot of time to release at the minimum an EP and do a few shows to give it hype if he chooses.

5) Walking Papers have a show in Seattle coming up, no mention of Duff being there.

Doesn't affect GNR one way or another

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blake Sabbath said:

I remain optimistic, but disappointed in the reference to any sort of SMKC activity that may or may not be happening in this next 6 months. 

This forum will officially meltdown if a new album drops outta the sky featuring Duff and Slash, let alone just 1 track!

I am the eternal optimist where new music is concerned.  I don't care.  I started off  'managing my expectations' and then I thought fuck it.  Figurative speaking, if the day comes when Axl is like, what-you-thought-there'd-be-new-music?-LOOOOOOOL.-No.  I'm going be gutted all the same, whether I've managed my expectations or not.  So might as well be hopeful.  Besides, I really do believe there are positive signs.

• Like 2

axl solo work = mostly unlistenable

slash solo work = great riffs and licks and solos needing desperately good chord sequences and good songs

duff solo work = yeah neurotic outsiders was great its just too bad that those were jonesy songs

lets see what these geniuses can do together with the help of top class yes-men franky and ricky

and those keyboarders

i expect generic rock unless they decide to record forgottten songs from the Guns n' Roses Era®

I feel like there must be at the very least tentative plans for new music just because it's the obvious next step and will add longevity to touring (assuming they want to keep touring for another 5-10 years). However with Axl at the helm how easily or quickly this would be achieved is a whole other matter, best laid plans and all that...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

For me, the writing is on the wall if we read between the lines, similar to how the reunion happened. Evidence?

1) A 6 month break. I know NITL ran for a long time, but a 6 month break is very excessive. 

2) Axl has expressed interest in releasing new music and even played some for Slash/Duff. 

3) No SMKC. Myles just released a solo album and is doing alter bridge in 2019. There is no time to do a SMKC album. Slash won't release an album and not tour, promote it. 

4) The silence - All Slash fans will know that if he was doing SMKC, he would be excited and sharing various things on social media. But he has a gag order for GNR. Even Joe Perry and Nikki knew not to press further. 

5) Walking Papers have a show in Seattle coming up, no mention of Duff being there. 

All the signs are there... For now at least 😀

u are funny dude:rofl-lol: no new music ever I guess

This has  a  weird feel like the time SNAKEPIT were on the road in 1995 and AXL called Slash back in to record new GNR music - SLASH is ready to release a new SMKC on us but I think AXL is really wanting to put some new music together and record , I think it is gonna happen , AXL has songs recorded already - erase all the non gnr songs, he HAS  the lyrics just let SLASH and  Duff do their thing and  and write the music - its simple - SLASH can make 2 albums of killer riffs with ease - may get a real GNR record , first since ILLUSIONS and A SMKC as well - GOOD TIMES

Edited by TMAC20

13 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Why I think NO new music is coming:

1.   Axl Rose has no interest in releasing any new music under the Guns N' Roses name, or else we would have heard at least one new song in the last decade.

True man, this is desrespectful for fans though. Not even one new song, or even "new" song on gigs like bad obsession. Their fans are way too much dedicated, they are not deserve it

4 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

For me, the writing is on the wall if we read between the lines, similar to how the reunion happened. Evidence?

6 months? They need at least 6 years, to just lay down the vocals.

• GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Based on various indications (NOT rumours/"insiders"), I think AXL/DC is happening, The Conspirators (with or without Myles) is happening, and maybe GnR new music is also happening, probably not in the form of an entire album, but new song(s) for starters.

Just curious, what are the indicators for Axl/DC?  I know there was one a while ago, but I've forgotten what it was. lol

2 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Just curious, what are the indicators for Axl/DC?  I know there was one a while ago, but I've forgotten what it was. lol

The main one is that Axl and Angus Young seem to have been in close contact all this time.

Also what Axl said in his two interviews. In the China Exchange one he said that Angus and he were already talking about working together; then on Brazilian tv he implied that if Angus wanted him after the AC/DC tour, he would be available.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Todd told Mitch lafon smkc are hitting the studio, and then meegan posted the same on Twitter. Myles not saying it probably has to do with him not wanting to steer attention away from his upcoming album. Poor guy goes out on a promo run and all he gets asked about is slash.

That or he had no idea about meegans tweet and had no official order to reveal it yet to the public from slash.

Slash recently tweeted another 5 years of smkc starting 2018. There is like 3 months left to do the smkc record before Myles album even comes out.

So yeah..

A SMKC album would be at least an 18 month full time project. Slash likes to promote and tour each album. Don't see how they can make time for it with the Myles solo album, Guns summer tour and Alter Bridge in 2019. 

Unless a few tour dates this summer are the only plans Guns have and Alter Bridge starts later in 2019. 

If that's the case though, why is Fernando saying 2018 is going to be big for Guns? 

There is no way Slash can juggle Guns and SMKC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGeneral said:

What is up with everybody thinking about Axl/DC?

I think thats a thing of the past and it will probably never happen again. I don't think there will ever be another Axl/DC tour and an album? Not in this lifetime 

Axl and Angus recording together would produce the best hard rock album of the last 20+ years, without a doubt. Anyone into rock music should be desperate for it to happen, I know I am.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

From what I’ve seen and heard, they’re all really excited by this reunion. Axl is obviously a changed man In regards to his tardiness. 

Im thinking they are hitting the studio sporadically to feel it out. Touring and recording are two entirely different beasts so my guess is that Axl gonna show them his stuff and they’ll all tinker with it, add to it.

i remember in an old interview how axl said he can be very inspired by slash’s guitar. So maybe this is what he needed to come up with some killer lyrics and arrangements.

• Like 2