Why I think new music is coming

8 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Aren't Classless Act looking for a singer? Why would they recording anything?

Ok... could be demo tapes but demos with Slash? I don't think so.

SMKC is the most likely scenario.

I know, it's strange, but they said on their livestream that they were going to record.  :shrugs:  They've been advertising for an Axl type singer and I think if they manage to get one, it'll certainly be interesting what will happen to the 'recorded' material if the singer wants to change the songs!  I wonder if Slash has warned them about singers? lol

5 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Aren't Classless Act looking for a singer? Why would they recording anything?

Ok... could be demo tapes but demos with Slash? I don't think so.

SMKC is the most likely scenario.

Yesterday they were recording something in the studio. they broadcasted some parts of them playing some songs on they Instagram account, only instruments. One guy aks to them to play some GNR tune and then Nico’s father wrote that they can’t do it because they’re on studio and is too expensive, something like that.

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Haven’t the other conspirators been talking about recording new material and have been seen in studios recently? I’m pretty sure this is just for SMKC...or just Slash ft. random singer and the Conspirators.

From my memory, slash has always had music written that he puts in the guns basket and some for other projects, always on the run was “too funky” for guns so he gave it to Lenny. I’d like to think that he has a pile off riffs for axl to go through and a pile for everyone else 

On 04/01/2018 at 11:21 AM, ChristmasFnatic said:

I wonder how will most GNR hardcore fans react if Axl/DC happens without a GN’R album in the horizon

Axl/DC could happen, and happen before a Gn'R release, but how could any of us be sure that the latter wasn't on the horizon? There will be a lot of broken ankles jumping off and back on the Gn'R wagon. 

Personally I think both are coming, for various reasons/knows, and if Axl/DC happens first than so be it, I'm excited for it! I see nothing but positives for Axl; he really digs it, it makes him happy, it gives him confidence and it builds momentum. The train has been rolling for two + years now and from what we've seen of the environment that is the current Gn'R family nobody wants to derail that train. 

10 hours ago, default_ said:

I think its for the Conspirators.

He should ditch the whole SLASH featuring (insert vocal name) and the Conspirators and just call it The Conspirators btw. 

Having “Slash” at the beginning is a bigger attention grabber than just “The Conspirators” so having Slash in the name sells better

13 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I know, it's strange, but they said on their livestream that they were going to record.  :shrugs:  They've been advertising for an Axl type singer and I think if they manage to get one, it'll certainly be interesting what will happen to the 'recorded' material if the singer wants to change the songs!  I wonder if Slash has warned them about singers? lol

Those kids aren’t hungry enough. They live priveledged lives and will not find an Axl. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Apollo said:

I just hope to get new music with Axl on vocals in 2018.

Don't really care who is in the band. AC/DC, the current GnR lineup, another version of GnR, or a solo album.

But an Axl/DC album might have songs not written by Axl. I want Axl's songwriting more than his vocals. If I had to choose between an album of cover songs sung by Axl, and some other band covering songs like Atlas Shrugged and Soul Monster I would choose the latter.

12 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

But an Axl/DC album might have songs not written by Axl. I want Axl's songwriting more than his vocals. If I had to choose between an album of cover songs sung by Axl, and some other band covering songs like Atlas Shrugged and Soul Monster I would choose the latter.

I would choose any song sung by Axl. Imagine Estranged sung by any other singer...it would be half as good

• Like 1

I am no insider because very few are withGNR- But I think a new album is in the works - IMO here is the deal -AXL and his vocals -as the tour got longer AXL started KILLING IT - His Voice got so much stronger after the vocal coach and getting his mind and body right - I seen GNR in Nashville- AXL7/10 in Winston Salem a year later 9/10 in Louisville a few months later 10/10 , If AXL is happy with his Vocals there will be a album -SLASH and DUFF are playing at the very top of their game- SLASH always is and can write a albums worth of riffs easily- Duff is rock steady- Richard is a beast live-Can he write? I think so - Frank has never recorded with GNR but Frank improved by a 1000 percent since NITLT started - Axl should have enough venom with the press and his fellow peers in the music biz giving him shit to kill a albums worth of songs possibly  a double album - THE BALL is in AXL'S court if we get and I think we will get music -I f Axl does his thing its FUCKING ON AGAIN!! #gnfnr

Edited by TMAC20
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, marioundu said:

Frank re-recorded Brain's drums on CD which some were John Freese's

Yep. This was also completely pointless. CD demo drum track with Brain was better. Better was better. I can only imagine this was a gesture to get Frank on the album as a thankyou.

On 1/7/2018 at 2:52 AM, StrangerInThisTown said:

When has GNR announced anything about a Blu Ray from this tour? Isn't that all based on our speculation, i.e. made up shit we'd want to happen if we had our way? Giving that a 40% chance is quite generous.

In fact, I'd argue that'd be quite a stupid decision to immortalize Axls performances on several key cuts from this tour such as PC, YCBM and SCOM which are embarrassing every time, I can't imagine him listening back to any of them and wanting it on a release, unless he re-records the vocal, and who'd want that again..

People speculate about a Blu Ray because there were signs around Dodger Stadium on the first night saying that the show was being professionally filmed. There was at least one other show that was filmed too, I wanna say Vegas '16 but can't remember tbh.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1