How did you come up with your forum name

ssiscool

Cool thread idea. ^^  I'm always interested in people's usernames and why/how they came up with them.  

Mine is pretty self-explanatory.  Two favourite GNR songs put together.  I joined here on impulse, however, not expecting to stick around, and didn't quite realise how long the username was.  Sorry everyone. :lol:

I want to know why @Blackstar @Oldest Goat - this for sure, it's THE strangest username. LOL   @RONIN and why it's capitalised @Len Cnut I already know.  And probably most intriguing  @janrichmond  Is that a real person? :lol:  Or completely made up?  

Also, @StrangerInThisTown is such a cool username.  I'm jealous. ha!  There are so many I like...

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

My initial username was Slash2004 - literally as simple as it was Slash and I joined in 2004. I was a terrible 12 year old poster in those days who often backtracked my opinion because I was afraid my age wouldn't allow me to be taken seriously. :lol:

A couple years later I changed it to Paul Stanley at the height of my KISS fandom.

When the forum changed ownership I decided to start anew so to speak and went with James Bond. Obviously I'm a fan, but it's a more general name that I use pretty well everywhere else I post on the web. Usually my usernames are something to do with Bond so there you have it.

• GNFNR 1

Mine is first and foremost inspired by Fortus' many "soons" in regard to guns albums and activities.  That in light of Axls many "soons" but also his "not soons."  I joined the forum as the reunion was shaping up, so soon represented excitement for that too.  I think mixed in the background of my decision was also Hegel and eschatology stuff.  That the word "soon" has worked us into a frenzy with GNR to the extent that it seems like something soon from GNR is material to human progress and spiritual longing, lol

• Like 1

Mine came about close to 20 years ago during the America Online days...people would routinely socialize with the opposite sex,try to hook up online, etc back then...it sort of was popular for a bit...before psychos and the like started to stalk people online...lol...so I came up with the name Kasanova King as a sort of corny and catchy play-on-words nickname online and have used it ever since.  

I'm a bit over it now so I've started using other screen names on the newer forums and message boards I join.

i regret my stupid username and would change it if the forum allowed. at the time, these were the reasons:

- when a movie is shot, they shout "action" and then all the fun stuff happens. so in a way, the name implies exciting stuff to happen, the anticipation of the moment. in that sense, it is a powerfull word.

- i like action movies and action video games. i dont like boring stuff. action needs to happen for me to hold my attention.

- action is another word for sex. this refers to axl rose being an anagram to a sexual term. i thought that was fitting to the GNR world for some dumb reason

- action is a political term. "action needs to be taken" is a sentence that's being said by both sides of the political spectrum, except for the conservatives who like everything to stay as it is.

I spent ages trying to sign up to this board. I got to annoyed that all the other names I tried were taken, so I was like F it, Minnie Mouse. And while I didn't like it, it was accepted. I think I spent a year or so with that name. 

I then changed it to what it is today because of some bloke called Tracii. 

20 minutes ago, action said:

i regret my stupid username and would change it if the forum allowed. at the time, these were the reasons:

- when a movie is shot, they shout "action" and then all the fun stuff happens. so in a way, the name implies exciting stuff to happen, the anticipation of the moment. in that sense, it is a powerfull word.

- i like action movies and action video games. i dont like boring stuff. action needs to happen for me to hold my attention.

- action is another word for sex. this refers to axl rose being an anagram to a sexual term. i thought that was fitting to the GNR world for some dumb reason

- action is a political term. "action needs to be taken" is a sentence that's being said by both sides of the political spectrum, except for the conservatives who like everything to stay as it is.

Nice explanation👍

Loving this thread - would like everyone's posts so far if I had any likes left!  

@SoulMonster I always assumed yours is after Axl's non-released CD song?

@janrichmond That's awesome it's actually your name.  :thumbsup: I did wonder if it was. 

@action You're right it's a good, strong word.  I like it.  

@Blackstar Ahhh...the idea crossed my mind that it was Bowie related but I wasn't sure if you were into Bowie or not. ^^

I've always loved the username @Gracii Guns too. ^_^

@Thanks for the explanation @soon  I had absolute no idea yours was inspired by the literal meaning of soon. ha!  That's clever. 

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, soon said:

Mine is first and foremost inspired by Fortus' many "soons" in regard to guns albums and activities.  That in light of Axls many "soons" but also his "not soons."  I joined the forum as the reunion was shaping up, so soon represented excitement for that too.  I think mixed in the background of my decision was also Hegel and eschatology stuff.  That the word "soon" has worked us into a frenzy with GNR to the extent that it seems like something soon from GNR is material to human progress and spiritual longing, lol

"Soon is the word":lol:👍