Oldest Goat

The MyGNR Book Club

(If you want to join the fun just say so and you'll be added to the member list in alphabetical order.)
:book:Book Club Members:
Alja
Andy14
Blackstar
cineater
Fang
Gabrielaerojas :book:
Gibson_Guy87
GuitarFanfromNYC:book:
Kasanova King
killuridols
Kittiara
Lio
Oldest Goat
Padme
purplestargirl
Rosalie
soon
Tori72

:headbang:Club Rules:
1. Forum rules obviously still apply.
2. Process of selection:
-Each month members take turns at being the four people who each nominate one book.
-Everyone has one vote. The book that receives the most votes is the book of the month and the person who nominated that book will receive one point next to their name.
-If your nominated book is not chosen and you wish to nominate that same book again the next time you are a nominator, then all votes it receives will be doubled each time you do this.
3. To keep the book selection diverse and fair, ideally we should all participate and read whatever the book is even if it's not in our comfort zone/typical genre. But of course if you're busy or simply want to opt out now and then, you won't be punished :lol:
4. Discussion and analysis of the book of the month is during the last few days before the next vote as well as throughout the month but please provide spoiler warnings at all times. You can say as much or as little about each book as you desire, whether that's praise or criticism.
5. All books are allowed. Fiction or non-fiction. When nominating you can choose whatever you want, it doesn't have to be a famous classic but keep it within reason, i.e. not something expensive or unreasonably long.
6. No fanfiction or junk like 'groupie books' talking about how many rockstars they've sucked off.

Edited by Oldest Goat

I wanna join. Books are my other addiction next to Axl. The only thing I'm worried about is if I can't afford every single book until I get a job...

• GNFNR 1

I'm in :book:

Just now, Fang said:

I wanna join. Books are my other addiction next to Axl. The only thing I'm worried about is if I can't afford every single book until I get a job...

Can't you go to a library? I don't know where you're from, but they're free here.

• GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, Fang said:

11 minutes ago, Lio said:

I'm in :book:

Can't you go to a library? I don't know where you're from, but they're free here.

I'm a poor lowly student so yeah I'll be using the library or borrowing from people.

Just now, purplestargirl said:

Downzy made a thread talking about staff changes and why.

I assume it's because she's super busy with her baby? I was just being a dick. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I assume it's because she's super busy with her baby? I was just being a dick. :lol:

Ha, you assume correctly on that. Lol.

Did I mention that I like your signature? Not a lot of people know about that movie, which is pretty underrated in my opinion. Anyways..back to the literature!

Edited by purplestargirl
  • GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, Padme said:

Well I join :book:

@Oldest Goat You can start with 50 Shades Of Grey. I haven't read it. But that's your kind of book :rofl-lol:

Oh it is, is it? :lol:

#Innocent #Missionary #Vanilla

Edited by Oldest Goat

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Oh it is, is it? :lol:

Just pretend it's actually Cinderella :lol:

1 minute ago, Padme said:

Just pretend it's actually Cinderella :lol:

Padme has some weird Cinderella roleplay fantasy about yours truly, confirmed. :lol:

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

Padme has some weird Cinderella roleplay fantasy about yours truly, confirmed. :lol:

The only role I can find for you in Cinderella is one of the mouse :lol:

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Any Cinderella roleplay fantasy for me involves the band Cinderella.

50 Shades Of Grey is also one book I'm not interested in reading, considering it was based off of Twilight fanfiction. I read that book series but never got into the whole hype over them. I also found certain elements of the series borderline creepy.

Edited by purplestargirl
  • GNFNR 1

I'd like to join but I have this problem: I'm very busy and I have tons to read for my thesis, so if the system was more flexible that'd be nice.

Say, like... if we could opt in-out to participate some months and others not, according to schedule.

I don't wanna break your rules or modify them a piacere, so let me know if you're contemplating a more flexible system and if not, that's fine with me. No biggie.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I'd like to join but I have this problem: I'm very busy and I have tons to read for my thesis, so if the system was more flexible that'd be nice.

Say, like... if we could opt in-out to participate some months and others not, according to schedule.

I don't wanna break your rules or modify them a piacere, so let me know if you're contemplating a more flexible system and if not, that's fine with me. No biggie.

Same here, actually. I was actually assuming that we could opt out for some time and come back again...? :smiley-confused2:

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

25 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Same here, actually. I was actually assuming that we could opt out for some time and come back again...? :smiley-confused2:

Didn't mean to make it sound so strict haha so I've re-worded that rule.

What's your thesis/degree @killuridols?

Edited by Oldest Goat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1