Oldest Goat

The MyGNR Book Club

I thought about this a bit, because I don't know if I can make it time-wise; also, although I used to be more flexible, these days I can't easily read something that is not my cup of tea, I don't read as much fiction as I used to, and I like to pick my reads myself.

Finally, I decided to give it a try. I like all the nominations.

My vote goes to Keith Richards, because I haven't read it yet and I've wanted to for a long time.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, cineater said:

I'm kind of in.  Can we have one thread for book recommendations and a separate thread for each book?  Some of these books I have already read and might like to talk about but not read again.  

I think making a thread for every single book is a bit much. If you've already read the book and so don't want to read it again, you are still welcome to discuss it.

4 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

Have the books been suggested? I vote on "Lord Of The Flies" as well.

Yup, we'll wait a day or so more for anyone else wanting to vote. Also, @Fang please clarify if your vote goes to Kafka or Handmaid's Tale.

Currently the votes are(excluding Fang's for now):
Lord of the Flies: 6 votes
Handmaid's Tale: 2 votes
The Metamorphosis: 2 votes
Keith Richards - Life: 2 votes

Edited by Oldest Goat

Went to the library and got Lord of the Flies, assuming it got the most votes :book:

Will start reading tonight.

• GNFNR 1

22 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

So we have until the end of January to read it?  It's a relatively shorter read from what I recall...shouldn't take too long to finish.

Sweet. I should be getting mine in the next day or so.

We have until the end of January or until this time next month if needed - which may be better so people aren't rushed.

Edited by Oldest Goat
  • Like 2

Got the book from the library. It's a 1985 edition with things underlined in pencil, clarifications in the margin and difficult words translated. I think I'll manage :lol:

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It's over. :shrugs:

You have to read about the Lord of the flies 💩

Ah. That's fine then. I missed out on that one in high school. I'd like to finally see what it's all about.

• GNFNR 1

On 1/14/2018 at 12:09 AM, killuridols said:

It's over. :shrugs:

You have to read about the Lord of the flies 💩

It's a good book.  I haven't read it in 25 years but from what I recall, there is a much deeper meaning to it all.

16 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

It's a good book.  I haven't read it in 25 years but from what I recall, there is a much deeper meaning to it all.

Yeah..... I read the plot a little bit..... still doesn't attract me that much for the time being.