The Religion/Spirituality Thread

Ace Nova

13 minutes ago, soon said:

Got my first Christmas gift!!! "Oh, thank the maker!"

kH82p7hh.jpg

12 disc set, loaded with new features and documentaries (as of 2015). Original theatrical releases! It's got that textured cover thing. I've never owned the Prequels and its just in time since Disney is about to embrace that era! :dance:

Anabaptists celebrate Christmas on December 18?

35 minutes ago, soon said:

kH82p7hh.jpg

12 disc set, loaded with new features and documentaries (as of 2015). Original theatrical releases! It's got that textured cover thing. I've never owned the Prequels and its just in time since Disney is about to embrace that era! :dance:

Which movies are included?

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

Which movies are included?

1-6. Yeah, "Complete Saga" is an interesting choice of title. In a dream world a 12 disc complete saga would be 1-12 that Lucas promised, right? 

The prequels have most of the special features with hour+ long docs and multiple featurettes for each. 

3 hours ago, soon said:

kH82p7hh.jpg

The original trilogy and three coasters. 

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The original trilogy and three coasters. 

Haha, well thats one view. Meesa sad fur you Mista Daisy! For some, the theory that Jar Jar is secretly a Sith Lord is helpful.

Starting already with Solo bringing in Maul, Disney is about to go full on Prequel era. All three upcoming shows, plus the rumoured Mcgregor Obi wan Story. So, bad news for any Prequel dissenters. Although I guess its not the BBY/ABY point in the timeline that pisses off people, but the stories and production of the Prequels. Likely the production wont look anything like the Prequels. And it wont be Lucas at the helm. Or Johnson for that mater. If Rian Johnson ever comes around Star Wars again, I will neutralize him myself!

Edited by soon

Star wars is dead to me now. I'm not sure I'll ever really enjoy it again at this point. 

I have 2 of the black series lightsabers (blue ankin/luke) and green Luke. I would seriously sell them, for the right price that is. I still have the boxes.

I guess the best way I can compare my feelings for it would be like this. It's like if Guns released a new album featuring Ashba and Slash, but Ashba plays all the solos. Not only that, but going forward Slash is just rhythm and Ashba is playing all the solos live as well (classic songs included). That type of devastation is my feelings towards Star Wars...

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

Not to turn this thread into a SW discussion (but @soon started it, lol), while I'm no huge prequel defender, it honestly boggles my mind how people can think TLJ is better than Phantom or Clones. While I agree with ALL of the criticisms regarding those films, I'd still argue to the death they are vastly superior to TLJ

The Last Jedi is worse than Rocky 5, Godfather 3, Battle of five armies, etc, etc. Its just an absolute disgrace of a film. I would honestly argue that it's one of the WORST film ever made (especially considering the budget that film had). The only defense I've heard from people are "it's different, so that's good" type of arguements. If by "different" you mean unpredictable in the most unsatisfying way possible? Then ok... Critters 3 and Killer clowns from outer space are Oscar worthy compared to TLJ.

• Like 2

Soul prefers a religion which, in the incumbent, seemingly veers at random between a good side and a ''dark side'', the latter entailing the massacre of innocent citizens of the republic, the prohibition of democracy, ''racism'' against alien species and droids, etc.

I mean how could you?

tumblr_nfkm1cdFq11qlpaifo2_500.gif

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 1

Questions to the christians: Why aren't you all mormons, or latter day saints or whatever? I was just in Salt Lake City and they have a really impressive cathedral there. And they look so neat with their suit and ties. Youthful and energetic. And as far as I know, they don't molest choir boys. And they seem to grow quickly, too, like the fastest growing denomination or something. So why aren't you all mormons?

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Questions to the christians: Why aren't you all mormons, or latter day saints or whatever? I was just in Salt Lake City and they have a really impressive cathedral there. And they look so neat with their suit and ties. Youthful and energetic. And as far as I know, they don't molest choir boys. And they seem to grow quickly, too, like the fastest growing denomination or something. So why aren't you all mormons?

In case you're confused good Christian folk of mygnr, this is an attempt at humour :lol: