The Religion/Spirituality Thread

Ace Nova

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

what is that? A heart attack??

I haven't had an actual attack, no. But I've felt like CRAP for the last couple of weeks. I went to my doctor to get checked out, they gave me an EKG, saw my heart ain't working right, and sent me to the ER. 

To be honest guys, I haven't been able to even think right, let alone live my life. Just NO ENERGY.

2 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I haven't had an actual attack, no. But I've felt like CRAP for the last couple of weeks. I went to my doctor to get checked out, they gave me an EKG, saw my heart ain't working right, and sent me to the ER. 

To be honest guys, I haven't been able to even think right, let alone live my life. Just NO ENERGY.

sending you love and best wishes, Get well soon :hug:

39 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Praying for you and your family.

On 06/01/2019 at 3:58 PM, arnold layne said:

After much consideration, I believe life is a miserable pile of shit with no meaning nor joy and any reasonable omnipotent being wouldn't allow me to suffer in this hell hole.

Perhaps this is like a purification process for ya, y'know, like all the prophets had to get a hike in through the desert to be purged in preparation for Gods great purpose.  Or perhaps not and we're all gonna die in misery :lol:  But nah man, there's all the fun in the world in the world, you've just got to lower your expectations and, above all, remain juvenile.  Laugh at the disabled, spit in the street, wee on peoples lawns, walk into libraries, fart and leave, support a football team, double up on your masturbation, drink more and worship Satan.

P.S. Don't support Arsenal or you really will die miserable :lol: 

16 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

@Iron MikeyJ you doing ok? Hope the AFib is under control. 

Thanks for the concern.

Am I doing better? Yes and no. I'm no longer in the hospital, which is good. But I am still in AFib, which isn't good. The meds I'm on are controlling my heart rate, which is good (it was pumping at 160 bpm, 60-80 is normal). So they have gotten that part under control, which is positive. I'm gonna have to get a cardioversion in a month or so to get me out of afib. Which basically means they put me under and shock me with the defibrillator. Like I said before, everything people "think" they know (or seen on tv/movie) in regards to the defibrillator is wrong. It cant bring you back from a flatline (no heart beat). What it does do is shock your heart back into a normal function during atrial fibrillation or during a heart attack. But that's basically it's only use, everything else is incorrect. 

So long story short, that's what they are going to have to do to me in the near future. They are waiting for my blood to at a certain "thickness" before they do it (lower risk of blood clots). So I just have to live in afib until then. Which is kinda like being fatigued and a little slower mentally ALL THE TIME. Because my heart isnt pumping properly to get enough oxygenated blood to my brain, so I feel mentally "slow" a bit. Plus I cant drink caffine, alcohol, and am on a 1500 mg per day sodium diet. 

Plus all of that, I am also in congestive heart failure... which that's the real bummer. Which is an incurable disease. The good news is, if I follow the rules, plus my age (I'm only 37), I hopefully will be around for quite some time. I dont want to get into the statistics, because they depress me, but if I'm honest I would rather have cancer than heart failure. But I'm hopeful that with these changes and my age I can get another 15-20 years, more would be great. Not so much for myself, I'm pretty content with my personal fate (God will take me when its time), but I have a wife and kids that I dont want to leave like that yet. 

As for the question of why did this happen? My doctors said that bad habits (diet, alcohol, tobacco,etc) didnt help, but didnt cause it either. Why? Because of my age. If I was 57, then they would have said "yes, that's why." But not at 37. Long story short, I just got a crappy heart... Which happens, unfortunately. 

Overall, my spirits are pretty good. I've officially retired from working now (which makes me happy). I dont know how long I have left, and I dont want to take any time away from my family. We had to make some changes to our financial plans and what not in order to do it, but I feel better having gotten that "monkey" off of my back. Stress is my enemy in my condition, as is salt and caffeine. 

So that's pretty much my story 😃

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Sorry to hear that, Mikey. I am sure you will get plenty of years still, and focus on what is important and those years will be the best of your life. Good luck to you and your family :)

Its your fuckin' fault mate, all those religious arguments, stressing the poor boy out, you fuckin' did this, I hope you're proud of yourself :lol:

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Hahah :)

That's what I have been saying, the God is an Asshole religion should have more followers.

Something awful just occured to me...maybe God supports United, ugh.  I was irretrievably atheist to begin with, that thoughts sealed the deal beyond a shadow of a doubt :lol:  ( hope you don't take any of this personal fella, just having a laugh)

oh my gosh @Iron MikeyJ, that is pretty serious! 

Just putting this out there, but if you are a snorer, have you ever been checked for sleep apnea? Those cpap machines can help get more oxygen to blood while you are sleeping which may help you a bit, idk. 

Anyway, I wish you all the best. Maybe you can start an online Sunday school so to speak. I know that you made the stories and connections and mysteries of the Bible very interesting and easy to understand. Lots of people would probably enjoy the way you impart your knowledge. :)

Hm, I can't seem to tag you, Mikey, or if I do, I can't type anything else in the post :lol:

That sounds really serious, must be hard. I hope they can help you soon and that you can enjoy your family for a long time to come! As for now, just try to enjoy every day (I'm sure you do that or try to). Things like this always make us realize what matters and you shouldn't take anythging for granted at all.

2 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Thanks for the concern.

Am I doing better? Yes and no. I'm no longer in the hospital, which is good. But I am still in AFib, which isn't good. The meds I'm on are controlling my heart rate, which is good (it was pumping at 160 bpm, 60-80 is normal). So they have gotten that part under control, which is positive. I'm gonna have to get a cardioversion in a month or so to get me out of afib. Which basically means they put me under and shock me with the defibrillator. Like I said before, everything people "think" they know (or seen on tv/movie) in regards to the defibrillator is wrong. It cant bring you back from a flatline (no heart beat). What it does do is shock your heart back into a normal function during atrial fibrillation or during a heart attack. But that's basically it's only use, everything else is incorrect. 

So long story short, that's what they are going to have to do to me in the near future. They are waiting for my blood to at a certain "thickness" before they do it (lower risk of blood clots). So I just have to live in afib until then. Which is kinda like being fatigued and a little slower mentally ALL THE TIME. Because my heart isnt pumping properly to get enough oxygenated blood to my brain, so I feel mentally "slow" a bit. Plus I cant drink caffine, alcohol, and am on a 1500 mg per day sodium diet. 

Plus all of that, I am also in congestive heart failure... which that's the real bummer. Which is an incurable disease. The good news is, if I follow the rules, plus my age (I'm only 37), I hopefully will be around for quite some time. I dont want to get into the statistics, because they depress me, but if I'm honest I would rather have cancer than heart failure. But I'm hopeful that with these changes and my age I can get another 15-20 years, more would be great. Not so much for myself, I'm pretty content with my personal fate (God will take me when its time), but I have a wife and kids that I dont want to leave like that yet. 

As for the question of why did this happen? My doctors said that bad habits (diet, alcohol, tobacco,etc) didnt help, but didnt cause it either. Why? Because of my age. If I was 57, then they would have said "yes, that's why." But not at 37. Long story short, I just got a crappy heart... Which happens, unfortunately. 

Overall, my spirits are pretty good. I've officially retired from working now (which makes me happy). I dont know how long I have left, and I dont want to take any time away from my family. We had to make some changes to our financial plans and what not in order to do it, but I feel better having gotten that "monkey" off of my back. Stress is my enemy in my condition, as is salt and caffeine. 

So that's pretty much my story 😃

all the best whising to you @Iron MikeyJ i be sure that you will be better 👍✊👊:hug:

Dang @Iron MikeyJ, glad you are taking this so well in stride. Please dont hesitate to ask your Parish for what you need - thats why we gather as Christians, to share in life and give of ourselves to one another in the name of Christ. As I'm sure you've given of yourself many times before. And who knows, that Eucharist blood might just have the same heart healthy properties as say... I dunno, like... red wine :P:lol:

I bet your Lego game is gonna go through the roof! And I hope that when you're able that your Lego channel will be a relaxing way to keep earning a bit, too.