The Religion/Spirituality Thread

Ace Nova

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

German jews? :lol:  (just joshing folks!) 

The engine bay of a Bugatti Veyron is gold plated from melting down all their teeth. 

You think you have a terrible sense of humour. Get in line sunshine! :lol: 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dazey said:

The engine bay of a Bugatti Veyron is gold plated from melting down all their teeth. 

You think you have a terrible sense of humour. Get in line sunshine! :lol: 

I must admit Christopher, when it comes to poor taste, you are the gold standard :lol:

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Far-right activists have been burning qurans is Malmø, Sweden. Morons. Cars are burning. 

What's the response been so far?  And why are they rioting?  Is it just a random thing or has something been "building up"?

5 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

What's the response been so far?  And why are they rioting?  Is it just a random thing or has something been "building up"?

Tensions in certain areas of Sweden has been building up for quite a while. And they are rioting because as Muslims they are provoked by someone burning their holy book (but if course it is much more than that) . It is silly but true. Both that the burning of a book can cause such emotions but also that someone would do something as provocative when the outcome was so obvious. 

32 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Tensions in certain areas of Sweden has been building up for quite a while. And they are rioting because as Muslims they are provoked by someone burning their holy book (but if course it is much more than that) . It is silly but true. Both that the burning of a book can cause such emotions but also that someone would do something as provocative when the outcome was so obvious. 

What started it?  Muslim immigration vs extreme nationalism? 

1 minute ago, Ace Nova said:

What started it?  Muslim immigration vs extreme nationalism? 

The tensions have been building over time because of failed integration of Muslim immigrants. The same thing you see in many other European countries: isolation, ghettofication, poverty, social exclusion, job exclusion, and all that stuff. What caused someone to burn qurans right now, I can't say. 

46 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The tensions have been building over time because of failed integration of Muslim immigrants. The same thing you see in many other European countries: isolation, ghettofication, poverty, social exclusion, job exclusion, and all that stuff. What caused someone to burn qurans right now, I can't say. 

So Sweden has a form of systemic racism?  Or is it other factors? 

3 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

So Sweden has a form of systemic racism?  Or is it other factors? 

I don't necessarily think it is fair to say that failed immigration is a sign of systemic racism. Mistakes have probably been made but which were well-intentioned (like where immigrants were given places to live, resulting in unintentional ghettos that made integration harder). And the problems non-whites can have in securing jobs in a largely homogenous white society isn't due to systemic racism (=where the public/official institutions of society is rigged against certain races) but could be because of good ol' xenophobia/racism from employers. But I don't know, there could be systemic racism in Sweden, too, I simply don't know the country well enough. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Pope Francis told a group of parents of L.G.B.T. children yesterday that “God loves your children as they are” and “the church loves your children as they are because they are children of God.” He did so in a brief encounter with some 40 Italian parents (both mothers and fathers) of L.G.B.T. children after the public audience in the Renaissance courtyard of San Damaso in the Vatican.

https://www.americamagazine.org/faith/2020/09/17/pope-francis-parents-lgbt-children-god-loves-your-children-they-are?fbclid=IwAR1scp-Mo1Mq7_Qa-5HwGgL-MJe03tbrdYYmE68lRRRRfSZxDwgPzKBcpdg

27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I sense a pattern emerging?

And I just wanted to make a joke about a kid wanting to bum Prince Adam!

But seriously my point is that there was an age where you thought to yourself that some of the girls in school were pretty no?

20 hours ago, Dazey said:

But seriously my point is that there was an age where you thought to yourself that some of the girls in school were pretty no?

I was more interested in the teachers tits :lol:  And they were a pair boy, I'll tell you that, if she ever felt on her face she'd pop back up like a subutteo figure.

23 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

Pope Francis told a group of parents of L.G.B.T. children yesterday that “God loves your children as they are” and “the church loves your children as they are because they are children of God.” He did so in a brief encounter with some 40 Italian parents (both mothers and fathers) of L.G.B.T. children after the public audience in the Renaissance courtyard of San Damaso in the Vatican. Before whispering to the children "Now get here and get your gums around me plumbs you saucy little bastards, last one in the popemobile's a PROPER bender"

https://www.americamagazine.org/faith/2020/09/17/pope-francis-parents-lgbt-children-god-loves-your-children-they-are?fbclid=IwAR1scp-Mo1Mq7_Qa-5HwGgL-MJe03tbrdYYmE68lRRRRfSZxDwgPzKBcpdg