The Religion/Spirituality Thread

Ace Nova

1 minute ago, soon said:

Catholics believing something internally doesn't really mean anything though.  I don't understand why you posted an info graphic that doesnt support your words?

Catholics believe he was the first Bishop of Rome, and considering he was an apostle and that he died c. 68 AD, we are early indeed. 

18 minutes ago, soon said:

"we" ?

How older can you possibly get than an apostle, i.e. a disciple of Jesus, being that church's first bishop?

I do not believe this as I'm not Catholic, nor in fact religious, but to deny the antiquity of the Catholic church is simply historical incorrect.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

How older can you possibly get than an apostle, i.e. a disciple of Jesus, being that church's first bishop?

I do not believe this as I'm not Catholic, nor in fact religious, but to deny the antiquity of the Catholic church is simply historical incorrect.

No one denies that Christianity began with Christ.  

Your info graphic correctly demonstrates the facts of the birth of the Roman Catholic Church.  I would have been more giving ad let it be pope leo, but many sources only have a firm institution later as indicated.

1 hour ago, soon said:

No one denies that Christianity began with Christ.  

Your info graphic correctly demonstrates the facts of the birth of the Roman Catholic Church.  I would have been more giving ad let it be pope leo, but many sources only have a firm institution later as indicated.

Catholics would trace their church back to St Peter. This is irrefutable. 

• Like 1

Ephesians 6:13-17 

13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to withstand on that evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand therefore, and fasten the belt of truth around your waist, and put on the breastplate of righteousness. 15 As shoes for your feet put on whatever will make you ready to proclaim the gospel of peace. 16 With all of these,[b] take the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

gDYNC0jl.jpg

On 17/02/2018 at 6:27 PM, soon said:

Ephesians 6:13-17 

13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to withstand on that evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand therefore, and fasten the belt of truth around your waist, and put on the breastplate of righteousness. 15 As shoes for your feet put on whatever will make you ready to proclaim the gospel of peace. 16 With all of these,[b] take the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

gDYNC0jl.jpg

Like I said, the willy of God man, its all about the willy!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Sorry, come again? :lol:

It is true - well they claim it is his. It was in the possession of Charlemagne the Great who probably received it from Byzantium; Charlemagne then passed it on to Pope Leo III in 800 AD. It was the object of veneration at a pilgrimage centre for awhile. Now it is in the vaults. It was still in the Vatican's possession when an inventory was compiled in 1905, and presumably is still in their possession today.

Relics being relics, the situation is complicated by the fact that there were a bunch of rival claimant ''Holy Foreskins'' during the Middle Ages.

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is true - well they claim it is his. It was in the possession of Charlemagne the Great who probably received it from Byzantium; Charlemagne then passed it on to Pope Leo III in 800 AD. It was the object of veneration at a pilgrimage centre for awhile. Now it is in the vaults. It was still in the Vatican's possession when an inventory was compiled in 1905, and presumably is still in their possession today.

Relics being relics, the situation is complicated by the fact that there were a bunch of rival claimant ''Holy Foreskins'' during the Middle Ages.

Yeah but...it'd go manky surely, wouldn't it? 

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah but...it'd go manky surely, wouldn't it? 

I have no idea how the procedure of maintaining one works. Presumably it is dried out. I wouldn't care to speculate!

It is probably not even his. It is probably some random. If we acknowledge the relics in the Catholic Church's possession, John the Baptist had four heads, and Jesus was nailed to the cross with 40 nails!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have no idea how the procedure of maintaining one works. Presumably it is dried out. I wouldn't care to speculate!

It is probably not even his. It is probably some random. If we acknowledge the relics in the Catholic Church's possession, John the Baptist had four heads, and Jesus was nailed to the cross with 40 nails!!

IF it is his, and I say IF, then I would wager it is incorrupable. 

28 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If he was just some carpenters son when he was born then why would anyone know to hang onto it?

31 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Have you not seen the nativity in awhile? Annunciation to the shepards, the Magi visiting, etc. 

To be fair i was just waiting for the sing-song bits :lol:

51 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

IF it is his, and I say IF, then I would wager it is incorrupable. 

Surely you’d whip something like that out for a DNA test.  Or to just prove its fuckin miraculous qualities...then again it could be freshly snipped eh?  Fuckin hell, still though, there’s a lot you could so with Gods cock sock surely.  I wonder what colour it is :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

To be fair i was just waiting for the sing-song bits :lol:

Surely you’d whip something like that out for a DNA test.  Or to just prove its fuckin miraculous qualities...then again it could be freshly snipped eh?  Fuckin hell, still though, there’s a lot you could so with Gods cock sock surely.  I wonder what colour it is :lol:

I thought that myself, it COULD be compared with the DNA to the Eucharistic Miracles. It very well MIGHT have been done, I just don't have information on it.

Theres a story in the old testament were a women is assaulted while visiting a neighbouring town.  Her family seeks revenge.  They set the stage by offering to open into trade deals that would be very lucrative to the other town.  But they just ask that all the men get circumcised.  After all the adult men cut up their junk, the family attacks and kills them all.

Theres this curious entry in the the New Testament.  I mean how does one undo his circumcision?  

1 Corinthians 7:18 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

18 Was anyone at the time of his call already circumcised? Let him not seek to remove the marks of circumcision. Was anyone at the time of his call uncircumcised? Let him not seek circumcision.