The Religion/Spirituality Thread

Ace Nova

@Len Cnut,

I actually have 2 tats myself. Got them both within 1 week of each other, when I was 20. On my right arm, a cross. On my left an occult symbol. I didn't do them as a conscious thought, but it IS interesting that I have a cross on my RIGHT and occult on my LEFT. Very symbolic, even though it wasn't a conscious thought.

11 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I wouldn't do that though Len. I would pray for your soul. I would ask the Lord to have mercy on you.

Cheers mate, I appreciate the sentiment :)

6 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

@Len Cnut,

I actually have 2 tats myself. Got them both within 1 week of each other, when I was 20. On my right arm, a cross. On my left an occult symbol. I didn't do them as a conscious thought, but it IS interesting that I have a cross on my RIGHT and occult on my LEFT. Very symbolic, even though it wasn't a conscious thought.

I got an identical thing actually, the satan thing is on my left wrist and on my right forearm is an islamic tattoo, though i didn't know that at the time, not being able to read arabic :lol:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

You know, I've always wondered if there was a correlation between those people who have religious experiences or the type of thing @Iron MikeyJ describes (thanks for sharing btw, very powerful stuff) and psychedlic drugs. And by that i mean, on psychedelics, your mind becomes a sort of conduit doesn't it, to things you wouldn't normally experience.. and so i wonder, what if certain people's brains, are not normally closed to that type of thing, what if they are already a conduit, without needing the drugs? And that's why certain people experience these things, and certain people don't. Fascinating stuff. 

IT IS TRUE!! Like @soon and I were discussing earlier, the book of Enoch VERY much talks about drugs in particular. According to Enoch, the fallen angels taught man these things, Occult practises AND how to use herbs as hallucinogens. Which I can't date WHEN Enoch lived, but we are talking sometime after Adam and Eve but before Noah. So A LONG time before the 60s, that's for sure. 

Are these things related? Absolutely. 

• Like 1

Just now, HOOSIER GUNZ said:

I'm pretty sure I'm on the cusp of making TOOL my brand new religion.  With the holy brother prophet Maynand as the shepard scribe with a quill pen...

OPIATE

AENIMA

powerfull music.  If you are capable...

If Danny Carey is to be believed, all of the drum beats in TOOL are based off of mathematical formulas that are from Chaos Magic.  

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Honestly man, that's how it works. God works through HIS believers, so me, Soon, and KK are clearly HIS representives around here, lol. 

Which Satan works the same way, but his message is more muddled. Sure he has Satanists, Occultists, but he also has non believers like Atheists. 

Agnostics tend to be the "middle ground". They can go either way. 

But don't fret Lenny, I love you!! It's not to late for you!! Sometimes it takes deathbed confessions, better late than never. 

BTW, I'm too strong in my faith for you to drag me down with you 😃

So your faith is too strong for Len to drag you down but you’re scared of being led astray by a pissed up Brummie? :lol: 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Dazey said:

So your faith is too strong for Len to drag you down but you’re scared of being led astray by a pissed up Brummie? :lol: 

No. I choose to NOT listen to THAT song in particular because I "feel" the evil within it. Not because I feel it will drag me to hell or anything similar. As a former Occultists, I despise things that I sense the occult in, and I VERY much sense it in that song. 

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

3 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

No. I choose to NOT listen to THAT song in particular because I "feel" the evil within it. Not because I feel it will drag me to hell or anything similar. As a former Occultists, I despise things that I sense the occult in, and I VERY much sense it in that song. 

Do you feel the evil in my posts? 

8 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Try to follow you intuition.  Nothing wrong with that.

My whole discussion on music was me sharing my personal soul searching experience. As I said, rock music DOES contain the temptation to sin. The question is, are you spiritually strong enough to resist that temptation? I VERY much am, that's why I listen to 90% of the stuff I always have. But there a few that I no longer listen to. Which as I said earlier, songs like Crazy train or paranoid, when I hear them on the radio, I leave them on. I just don't want to listen to the song Black Sabbath or Mr. Crowly anymore because of the occult feelings I get from them. Sabbath has other songs that I also feel "ride the line", but Black Sabbath is the worst. 

Robert Johnson is the only one I really "miss" at times. I just traded him in for Leadbelly (he was a preacher) 😃

Most songs that have devil or Satan in the lyrics don't give that "feeling" though, like ANYTHING from AC/DC. They clearly did it for fun or for a joke or whatever. I don't sense the occult with them, but perhaps I'm wrong? 

Bands like Slayer and others that people posted in this thread, I never listened to anyways. So I'm not missing anything there. 

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Do you feel the evil in my posts? 

No. I just "feel" your confusion 😛

18 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

No he wasn't.  He was a murderer though :lol:

I couldve sworn I heard somewhere thst he was a preacher 🤔

28 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You feel the evil in silly song lyrics from Black Sabbath, a band that don't even qualify as shock rockers, yet not from a person who'd love to tear your faith apart? :lol:

You can hate me, tear my faith a part if you like. But I'll still show you nothing but love my friend.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

You can hate me, tear my faith a part if you like. But I'll still show you nothing but love my friend.

Uhm, why would you even think I would hate you? 

Thanks for the love and right back at ya but the question was more why you are afraid of rock songs written by kids for amusement and rebellion and not someone who is seriously interested in making people reject theism? 

Musicians who play around with satanism can't be taken seriously anyway, they do it to sell records, rebel and shock (which reminds me of this: https://www.google.no/amp/s/entertainment.theonion.com/marilyn-manson-now-going-door-to-door-trying-to-shock-p-1819565904/amp.)  Hell, most self-proclaimed satanists are just kids going through an intellectually awkward phase. Rooting for an evil loser doesn't make much sense. They just want to fuck with their parents and society. 

But a grown-up who thinks theism is bad for mankind and would love to argue the very foundation of people's irrational beliefs, hoping to make believers reject their faith, for real, surely you can admit I am either very evil indeed or a tool of Satan? 

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Uhm, why would you even think I would hate you? 

Thanks for the love and right back at ya but the question was more why you are afraid of rock songs written by kids for amusement and rebellion and not someone who is seriously interested in making people reject theism? 

Musicians who play around with satanism can't be taken seriously anyway, they do it to sell records, rebel and shock (which reminds me of this: https://www.google.no/amp/s/entertainment.theonion.com/marilyn-manson-now-going-door-to-door-trying-to-shock-p-1819565904/amp.)  Hell, most self-proclaimed satanists are just kids going through an intellectually awkward phase. Rooting for an evil loser doesn't make much sense. They just want to fuck with their parents and society. 

But a grown-up who thinks theism is bad for mankind and would love to argue the very foundation of people's irrational beliefs, hoping to make believers reject their faith, for real, surely you can admit I am either very evil indeed or a tool of Satan? 

It doesn't matter to me WHY a musician embraces occult things, just the fact that they DO is all I need.

Nothing you can say sir will make me doubt my faith, sorry. But if you are bound and determined to try... I'm not working today, and my wife won't let me play the Switch ☹

You are not evil, just confused...

1 minute ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I'm not working today, and my wife won't let me play the Switch ☹

You are not evil, just confused...

Of course she won't let you spill your seed. 

You're right, I am not evil. But I do represent a wave of people who reject theism for various reasons, who find the belief in gods irrational, mindless and damaging. And we are growing in numbers. Already there are more atheists than theists in Norway, a country who repeatedly score at the top of all lists of welfare and happiness. I expect the same development in USA. With luck we will see this happen across the globe, and belief in gods, just like belief in any other supernatural creatures like unicorns, ghosts and Santa Clause, will die out. And humanity will be better off for it.