ludurigan

IZZY STRADLIN (and MATT SORUM) show up at movie festival in Palm Springs

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

Except everything that's said about his personality, his history since leaving GNR, and Axl's take on him playing with GNR in 2006. 

Didn't Izzy himself stated that he would be open for a GNR reunion since he wrote a lot of the music?

NITL Tour must continue as soon as possible. People are bored around here.

10 pages debating about Sorum and Izzy just show there is nothing interesting to talk about. 

What’s next? Pittman’s shoes?

let’s talk about Axl, Slash, Fortus, Duff... you know, relevant musicians and artists.

1 hour ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

10 pages debating about Sorum and Izzy just show there is nothing interesting to talk about. 

let’s talk about Axl, Slash, Duff... you know, relevant musicians and artists.

Fixed

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Let's also not forget that if Izzy signed a contract to join the NITL tour, he would be hit with a massive lawsuit if he decided not to show up. A tour of that magnitude more than likely has ironclad contracts. For god sakes, you have Axl showing up on time and not skipping a show for the first time ever in 2016. No cancellations because his fingernail hurts or his psychic's crystal ball told him to stay home and watch tv. Could it be because he's  kept on a legal short leash w/ potentially severe financial repercussions? Stradlin cared more about showing up on time and giving the fans a better show than anyone in the original band if anyone is bothered to read the multitude of Illusion era interviews. Anyone remember the one about how he wanted the band to learn covers so that they could cover when King Axl ran away to have a meltdown offstage during shows - and Duff/Slash were too wasted to even learn new covers? And this is the guy those three are saying is too unreliable for a world tour?

Who cares what Axl Rose has to say about Izzy? What credibility does that guy have to speak about someone being flaky and a risk for not showing up to a show? Based on what? Izzy showed up for all his GnR shows. Did Axl? Those are the facts since everyone here loves facts over conjecture. Izzy doesn't skip shows or cost promoters money. Axl does. End of story. So if he says Izzy is flaky, it doesn't mean shit. Slash is a proven liar. And I'm less inclined to believe Duff these days - his Jericho interview where he backpedals on Izzy's importance to the band only proves that he's parroting Axl's agenda. 

He's "unreliable" because almost 30 years ago he decided it wasn't for him and has liked to pick and chose his shots since. The way Izzy is described has been consistent and nobody says it in a negative way. It's just how he is. So I don't see why people insist on denying that he is how everyone close to him describes him as being. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Didn't Izzy himself stated that he would be open for a GNR reunion since he wrote a lot of the music?

On 10/01/2018 at 5:38 PM, RONIN said:

Why not just say that he's semi-retired instead of saying publicly for the last decade that he'd love to do a GnR reunion?

@RONIN Can you, please, tell us where and when Izzy maked all those publicly statements?

Edited by Derick

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

For god sakes, you have Axl showing up on time and not skipping a show for the first time ever in 2016. No cancellations because his fingernail hurts or his psychic's crystal ball told him to stay home and watch tv.

Clearly you have not been following the band for years...Since 2011/2012 he has begun to reduce delays and I can not remember a simple cancellation in the last 10 years.

1 minute ago, Derick said:

@RONIN Can you, please, tell us where and when Izzy maked all those publicly statements?

Do your research mate. He's asked about a reunion in literally every interview he's done since the 00's. 

Here's one from 2001:

A hypothetical question then: Axl’s [solo] album flops, and he offers you all the chance to get back together - just like Aerosmith and Black Sabbath - would you do it? I mean, assuming Axl would be… “… broke?” he cuts in with a laugh. “I could hear the call.” Goes into gruff Axl impersonation: “‘You know, I've been, ah, thinking’. He talks really slow when he gets an idea like that. ‘Aahhh, I've been thinking…’ And I'd be thinking, ‘He must be broke’,” he chuckles. “That’s how I imagine the call.”

He says the band still get hopeful promoters trying to tempt them back together with promises of enormous wedge. “Oh, yeah. Around the big millennium hype, for sure.” Is he ever tempted? “Yeah, why not?” he chuckles. “A [one-off] gig would be easy, I would think.” What about an album, though? Now he really does laugh. “Well, you know what? It’s funny, cos like me, Duff and Slash - we could go in and make a Guns N’ Roses record in a week. Basic tracks. [But] vocals and leads [instrumentation] could take God knows how long…”

http://www.a-4-d.com/t2673-2001-xxdd-classic-rock-interview-with-izzy

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Derick said:

Clearly you have not been following the band for years...Since 2011/2012 he has begun to reduce delays and I can not remember a simple cancellation in the last 10 years.

I didn't follow that era of the band so if you say that's the case, then I stand corrected.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Do your research mate. He's asked about a reunion in literally every interview he's done since the 00's. 

Here's one from 2001:

A hypothetical question then: Axl’s [solo] album flops, and he offers you all the chance to get back together - just like Aerosmith and Black Sabbath - would you do it? I mean, assuming Axl would be… “… broke?” he cuts in with a laugh. “I could hear the call.” Goes into gruff Axl impersonation: “‘You know, I've been, ah, thinking’. He talks really slow when he gets an idea like that. ‘Aahhh, I've been thinking…’ And I'd be thinking, ‘He must be broke’,” he chuckles. “That’s how I imagine the call.”

He says the band still get hopeful promoters trying to tempt them back together with promises of enormous wedge. “Oh, yeah. Around the big millennium hype, for sure.” Is he ever tempted? “Yeah, why not?” he chuckles. “A [one-off] gig would be easy, I would think.” What about an album, though? Now he really does laugh. “Well, you know what? It’s funny, cos like me, Duff and Slash - we could go in and make a Guns N’ Roses record in a week. Basic tracks. [But] vocals and leads [instrumentation] could take God knows how long…”

http://www.a-4-d.com/t2673-2001-xxdd-classic-rock-interview-with-izzy

But even that supports how Izzy's been portrayed - he'd do a one off show, because, why not? And he sees an album as them just throwing down basic tracks and getting it out. All in all the guy just comes off as someone who doesn't want to take it too seriously and doesn't want it to be too big and wants to do it all as long as it's fun for him at the time - which isn't at all a bad thing, it just may not be ideal if you want to do a 2 year world stadium tour. 

• Like 1

Izzy seems to be enjoying his life. Nothing wrong with that. Getting with Matt is a sign that he absolutely not interested in the GNR reunion imo. But who asked who? My money is on Matt looking for some sort of association with GNR. Great drummer. 

31 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I guess I had just been assuming that Izzy wanted to do a full on reunion and split the loot equally for the Coachella and Vegas shows only. Those shows were completely separate in a business sense from the NITL shows, right? And it seems like it was at least considered what with Adler's known involvement in rehearsals. I figured some of the business people behind the scenes pointed out that it wouldn't look good to do a full on Appetite 5 reunion for four concerts and then try to sell very expensive tickets to shows that would  only include 3/5 of them most of the time (because no one wanted to put up with Adler for years and Izzy wasn't up for that kind of time commitment). So they backtracked and offered Izzy and Adler guest spots at random shows only, including one or two of those first shows for small fees. Easy to believe that Izzy would have gladly done 4 shows for a few million dollars and then flittered in and out of the tour at his leisure. He was quite obviously pissed he didn't have the opportunity to do so.

That seems like the most realistic guess as to how it went down. 

17 hours ago, ludurigan said:

Really?! I had no idea!

The TRUE FACT is that Izzy cant tour and Izzy wont tour and Izzy wont commit and Izzy cant play and Izzy sold his partnership and... WOW, SO MUCH TRUTH!

Now do you remember when you used to say that Steven cant play?! Those were such great times, i miss them so much!

Please never stop sharing the truth on this board!

What’s the back story on Izzy selling his Partnership? I’ve seen this comment a few times in different posts, but I havent read any details. (It’s not that I don’t believe you, I’m just curious)

I do disagree with the “Izzy can’t tour” and “Izzy can’t play” He can certainly do both and did do both from 85-91. While also contributing heavily to the songwriting. The songs maketh the band. No songs = No need for a band, or a singer, otherwise you’re playing covers. 

It appears you’re correct about won’t tour and I’m undecided about won’t commit.... I don’t know the terms or lack thereof, I don’t know if he’s being a dick or getting fucked by the other 3. 

I mean, Izzy is Guns to me, his songs make up most of tunes I like best, but he also was a fucking heroin dealer.... It’s a certain kind of person who sells junk. It’s selling misery and death. (I don’t judge anyone, but that’s the reality, I’ve seen lots of it) So I can picture him possibly being cutthroat and selfish in business dealings. 

I mean, say you’re in a band during a hugely successful era. You were an integral part of that band - vocally, musically, it’s songwriting, it’s image.... You know that, (as a result of having made a career, and had an entire life setup financially) you were popular, sold shitloads, and thus had a huge fan base....

After having that life, would it fucking kill you to go out, maybe not make as much cash as you wanted to, but do it partly for the people who appreciate your talent and part in that band... I mean fuck it like, do 5 shows, do 1 even! Give the people what they want. It might even be fun for a few gigs and then piss off into the sunset.... Avacados don’t change man, you won’t miss anything 😂

So I’m undecided about his motives, despite the fact I think he was the spirit of Guns.... 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

What’s the back story on Izzy selling his Partnership? I’ve seen this comment a few times in different posts, but I havent read any details. (It’s not that I don’t believe you, I’m just curious)

I do disagree with the “Izzy can’t tour” and “Izzy can’t play” He can certainly do both and did do both from 85-91. While also contributing heavily to the songwriting. The songs maketh the band. No songs = No need for a band, or a singer, otherwise you’re playing covers. 

It appears you’re correct about won’t tour and I’m undecided about won’t commit.... I don’t know the terms or lack thereof, I don’t know if he’s being a dick or getting fucked by the other 3. 

I mean, Izzy is Guns to me, his songs make up most of tunes I like best, but he also was a fucking heroin dealer.... It’s a certain kind of person who sells junk. It’s selling misery and death. (I don’t judge anyone, but that’s the reality, I’ve seen lots of it) So I can picture him possibly being cutthroat and selfish in business dealings. 

I mean, say you’re in a band during a hugely successful era. You were an integral part of that band - vocally, musically, it’s songwriting, it’s image.... You know that, (as a result of having made a career, and had an entire life setup financially) you were popular, sold shitloads, and thus had a huge fan base....

After having that life, would it fucking kill you to go out, maybe not make as much cash as you wanted to, but do it partly for the people who appreciate your talent and part in that band... I mean fuck it like, do 5 shows, do 1 even! Give the people what they want. It might even be fun for a few gigs and then piss off into the sunset.... Avacados don’t change man, you won’t miss anything 😂

So I’m undecided about his motives, despite the fact I think he was the spirit of Guns.... 

I actually don't know exactly what happened when Izzy decided to leave, but he wasn't part of the GNR partnership that Axl, Slash and Duff signed.

From the buisness point of view I can understand why they don't wanna share the loot equally but as what they are - a rock n roll band - they should not give a flying fuck about contracts and go out and play.

There's enough money for everybody in this reunion and they didn't even make a new record.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I guess I had just been assuming that Izzy wanted to do a full on reunion and split the loot equally for the Coachella and Vegas shows only. Those shows were completely separate in a business sense from the NITL shows, right? And it seems like it was at least considered what with Adler's known involvement in rehearsals. I figured some of the business people behind the scenes pointed out that it wouldn't look good to do a full on Appetite 5 reunion for four concerts and then try to sell very expensive tickets to shows that would  only include 3/5 of them most of the time (because no one wanted to put up with Adler for years and Izzy wasn't up for that kind of time commitment). So they backtracked and offered Izzy and Adler guest spots at random shows only, including one or two of those first shows for small fees. Easy to believe that Izzy would have gladly done 4 shows for a few million dollars and then flittered in and out of the tour at his leisure. He was quite obviously pissed he didn't have the opportunity to do so.

In one of his tweets he only referred to the April shows not the whole NITL tour, so this actually makes sense. They didn't wanna share the loot equally didn't he April shows so negotiations broke down including whatever participation in the NITL. 

• Like 1

Btw, it is safe to assume that the NITL tour has a separate contract. It could well be a longterm partnership because even when the tour ends, they still could be selling merch from it, use the logos, etc. There has to be a legal document explaining how licensing decisions are made and who gets the money. That could be totally separate from contracts with performers, crew, etc. that are probably handled by the band partnership in which S/D don't have to be included.

20 hours ago, Modano09 said:

And there's zero indication that a two year world tour was something Izzy would commit to. 

No no no... you can’t use that as the basis of your argument. It’s completely backwards!

Tell me what are your indications that Izzy wouldn’t want to commit to a 2-year world tour?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

let’s talk about Axl, Slash, Fortus, Duff... you know, relevant musicians and artists.

What is there to talk about Axl, Slash, Fortus and Duff that is current and/or relevant?

Absolutely nothing.

Edited by tremolo
  • Haha 1