IZZY STRADLIN (and MATT SORUM) show up at movie festival in Palm Springs

4 minutes ago, tremolo said:

He just wants to make music, and that’s what he has been doing since day one. Got an idea? Work on it, make a song out of it, record it, release it. Boom! That’s it.

He’s not worried or concerned about making the best-selling album of the year, or indulging in overproduction to make a record sound like it has everything in it. The guy just wants to make music, and that’s what he does. If he wanted money as much as you mention, he would whore himself out the way many other musicians have.

The guy is low key and doesn’t seem concerned with the perks of being a rockstar, he clearly doesn’t give a fuck about that. As simple as that. The guy understands music and rock&roll, that’s why he has released so much music instead of fucking around with 5 song ideas for 20 years or playing the business side of things. He just wants to make music, not fit in someone else’s agenda, he’s not trying to be the biggest name in the industry, and he doesn’t have to put up with big egos and bullshit because he doesn’t need to in order to do what he wants to do: make music.

You seem to be projecting Axl and Gnr’s behaviour on Izzy.

I want to like that several times. Thanks for writing all that. I couldn't be bothered. But that is what Izzy obviously is. Into music, into rock'n roll. Not into being a rich rockstar. He could be, easily, if he wanted to. But he doesn't. Fair enough. 

• Like 1

Most of you have obviously picked sides up, but I dont believe, not even for a second, that Axl, Slash and Duff are the evil you guys like to portrait 'em like.

There must be a thousand reasons why Izzy/Steven arent on the band, but I dont think theres an evil plan behind it.

And for Matt/Gilby, Axl just didnt want to work with them, never wanted and probably never will and at this point they arent exactly more important or have more credibility than Fortus of Frank (not that I love him). Those people are all the same, hired guns that have contributed nothing on the bands legacy, even Matt, Matt just recorded stuff Steven had already demoed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

Axl, Slash, Duff: Criticized for doing what some consider to be a cash grab tour. Playing all over the world for almost 4 hours a night when 2 hours would suffice. 

Izzy: So cool, only cares about the music...

Yet Axl had to pay him a huge fee to get him out in 2006. And now he wanted an equal share of the loot, despite not lifting a finger since the early nineties. 

Maybe Izzy is the one focused on the wrong things? I mean, can anybody actually see him playing a 2 year world tour at 4 hours a night?  Based on what evidence? 

Hmm. Yes, I was a bit disapointed too, when I heard that he was getting big money. But then again, why should he do it for free? Axl wasn't doing those shows for free either. And having Izzy there actually helped Axl to get some creditbility back, a la, "If Izzy approves, maybe it's not so bad to go watch Fake-GNR.".

Why would he not folllow through with the tour, if he commited to it? I'm sure he would have done the initially agreed upon number of shows. Whether he would want to be part of a neverending tour is anyone's guess, though.

As for what people think of Axl, Slash and Duff on one hand and Izzy on the other is kinda like the fans who are mad at Brian May and Roger Taylor, who are the one's that keep the Queen name alive, are out there doing tours and making fans happy, because they love what they do and on the other hand praise John Deacon, who sat on his ass since the past 20 years, living of the Queen royalties, which are still coming in because of May/Taylor keeping Queen going and the brand alive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tremolo said:

He just wants to make music, and that’s what he has been doing since day one. Got an idea? Work on it, make a song out of it, record it, release it. Boom! That’s it.

He’s not worried or concerned about making the best-selling album of the year, or indulging in overproduction to make a record sound like it has everything in it. The guy just wants to make music, and that’s what he does. If he wanted money as much as you mention, he would whore himself out the way many other musicians have.

The guy is low key and doesn’t seem concerned with the perks of being a rockstar, he clearly doesn’t give a fuck about that. As simple as that. The guy understands music and rock&roll, that’s why he has released so much music instead of fucking around with 5 song ideas for 20 years or playing the business side of things. He just wants to make music, not fit in someone else’s agenda, he’s not trying to be the biggest name in the industry, and he doesn’t have to put up with big egos and bullshit because he doesn’t need to in order to do what he wants to do: make music.

You seem to be projecting Axl and Gnr’s behaviour on Izzy.

Thank you. You just confirmed my point. It´s all about WHAT HE WANTS and in a band what the other members want also needs to be taken into consideration, right? So he couldn't be in the band. He couldn't be part of this tour. Because? Because if things are not on his way, he´s out! He clearly doesn't want to be there, not necessarily because the Big 3 don´t want him there as his fans are saying or blaming. If he don´t care about money as you say so that "equally loot" it's just a pretext not to be there, just as I sayed before.

Anyway, you mentioned about wanting to be Rock Star, money, be the biggest name in the industry, etc..There´s something wrong in a musician wanting these things? I don´t think so. Axl, Slash and Duff (I believe that even Steven) wants be those things and I ask you what´s wrong with that? Also a lot of fans enjoy to see them being rock stars, a lot fans around the world enjoy to have them in their areas and have the opportunity to attend their GIGs..IDK,it´s so weird to think in 3 people giving up what they want to the detriment of what of only 1 wants. Damn man! GN´R is too good to be confinaded as a local band or as a garage band.

Low key and GN´R are not compatible. That´s it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zoot said:

Yes, based on the fact that once he commits to a tour he follows through. He never missed a GNR show and had a successful world tour with the Ju Ju Hounds.

If Axl of all people can do it. So can Izzy.

Yes he can. He just don´t wanna to.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

Geez way to loser your temper bud - them 3 together have proven insolvent in creating anything new that is a fact amigo - indeed talented when all pieces of puzzle in place and aliens gone 

You have to learn the meaning of the term "fact".

Them 3 didn't have the opportunity to create something.

After the Illusions tour they just weren't in the right conditions to be creative together. 

Slash released two great records with Snakepit.

Duff and Slash created a great record with VR and some other great songs on their second attempt.

Axl managed to create 3 great songs and another 3 good songs on one album

His track record post Guns is very small but it's more than nothing.

Slash kept releasing great records after that and now they're touring. We don't know what happens behind the scenes. There are hints that they talked about new music.

BTW: Saying Axl Slash and Duff aren't able to create music on their own... what did Izzy after Guns?

5 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

You have to learn the meaning of the term "fact".

Them 3 didn't have the opportunity to create something.

After the Illusions tour they just weren't in the right conditions to be creative together. 

Slash released two great records with Snakepit.

Duff and Slash created a great record with VR and some other great songs on their second attempt.

Axl managed to create 3 great songs and another 3 good songs on one album

His track record post Guns is very small but it's more than nothing.

Slash kept releasing great records after that and now they're touring. We don't know what happens behind the scenes. There are hints that they talked about new music.

BTW: Saying Axl Slash and Duff aren't able to create music on their own... what did Izzy after Guns?

Izzy's first JuJu album beats all their shit 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

It's your opinion not a fact. In my opinion it doesn't. In my opinion Izzy probably created the best song out of all gunners with Sweet Caress but at the same time it is the only song he did that I truly enjoy after he left GNR. He has a handfull of other good songs but most of his solo efforts are mediocre at best and very boring.

His songs suffer more from Axl and Slash than the other way around.

But again. Just my opinion.

Edited by Free Bird

11 hours ago, Back off Biches said:

Sure just bc u said it- low ball central session member offer more likely bud

"Low ball" offer because they already paid him when he sold his percentage of the band. I get wanting him there but it's not their fault he wanted to sell his percentage in the band and then years later be paid like he didn't.

1 hour ago, tremolo said:

I’m not complaining Izzy is not part of this reunion. Considering how and whatnit turned out to be, he’s better out. His credibility and reputation intact.

I think there’s this romantic idea of what the full reunion of gnr (with steven or matt) would be like, but the reality is far from that. No matter the members, gnr does not operate like a normal band and never will.

Izzy wants to make music and release it, therefore gnr is not the right place for him. There is no way he would be able to be as prolific in that environment.

And gnr really doesn’t need Izzy for what they have been doing in the last 2 years... even if you go all the way back to 1993.

I’m not saying that it’s bad or wrong for Axl, Slash and Duff to want to tour the world, charge insane amounts of money for a pretty sub-par show, have a huge stage with big screens and enjoy the rock & roll cliche, if they can do it, good for them!

Gnr’s goals, Axl’s goals, Duff and Slash’s goals are very different from Izzy’s.

From a selfish perspective and what interests me, I’m kinda glad Izzy is not in gnr and that he’s doing his own thing. At this point my interest in gnr is absolutely zero... until they release new music, then I’m sure i’ll care for them again.

With all due respect, I see no loss of credibility and reputation in playing songs for those who´s interested in seeing them together onstage. It's absurd to think of something like that. New music, in that context, is not the headline. For this tour people wanted to see them together onstage playing the songs that gave them that credibility and reputation. And they delivered what people wanted...Again, what´s wrong w that? I really don´t get this " to keep credibility and reputation intact" talk. I can´t see how people celebrating and having fun with the band all over the world can be a bad thing.

Anyway, maybe not you but I can see people over here pointing the finger towards the Big 3 as if they were the only ones to "blame" for Izzy not joining them. Maybe none of them are to blame,they just want different things, at least for now. But yeah I know, we´re in MyGnR forum we need to blame someone, we desperately need to punch someone. 

Edited by Derick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

JuJu Hounds is amazing in fact, but honestly? After that the whole Izzy catalog became just easy listening with no impact at all, the bland part of the Stones. Not saying that it is good or bad, but those songs lack of Slash and Axl. 

I'm a Izzy fan, love his solo work but I can recognize that.

3 hours ago, Derick said:

Thank you. You just confirmed my point. It´s all about WHAT HE WANTS and in a band what the other members want also needs to be taken into consideration, right? So he couldn't be in the band. He couldn't be part of this tour. Because? Because if things are not on his way, he´s out! He clearly doesn't want to be there, not necessarily because the Big 3 don´t want him there as his fans are saying or blaming. If he don´t care about money as you say so that "equally loot" it's just a pretext not to be there, just as I sayed before.

Anyway, you mentioned about wanting to be Rock Star, money, be the biggest name in the industry, etc..There´s something wrong in a musician wanting these things? I don´t think so. Axl, Slash and Duff (I believe that even Steven) wants be those things and I ask you what´s wrong with that? Also a lot of fans enjoy to see them being rock stars, a lot fans around the world enjoy to have them in their areas and have the opportunity to attend their GIGs..IDK,it´s so weird to think in 3 people giving up what they want to the detriment of what of only 1 wants. Damn man! GN´R is too good to be confinaded as a local band or as a garage band.

Low key and GN´R are not compatible. That´s it.

couldnt agree more. bravo!

2 hours ago, tremolo said:

When/where did I say that doing a nostalgia tour was wrong? A, D and S are doing their thing, some people like it, others (like me) find it irrelevant.

My focus is on the music. Whatever theatricals that come with it can be fun as a complement. But with GNR, the newest songs are already 10 years old (or even older). That’s why I don’t care for them and I have more respect for Izzy. My interest will come back when new material is released.

Well, from the moment you say that to maintain his dignity and reputation you prefer that Izzy stay out of the NITLT you consequently state that this is wrong. To lose dignity and reputation they need to to screw up, right? I was just curious to know how wrong this could be. 

Remember that they could only run this tour because a lot of people have an interest in it and only a tiny portion of their fanbase have no interest on it or, as in your case, believe it to be irrelevant. But that's okay, it's your point of view and I have to respect that, even if I don´t agree about that.