IZZY STRADLIN (and MATT SORUM) show up at movie festival in Palm Springs

3 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I didn't think I had to since 23 dates in 2006 + 6 dates in 2012 still doesn't come near the commitment and work of 148 dates in 2016 - 2018. 

But since you mention this, wasn't one of those tours the one where Izzy demanded more money at the last minute?

No? Not sure where you're getting that info because this is the first I've heard of it.

Just now, Zoot said:

No? Not sure where you're getting that info because this is the first I've heard of it.

Axl interview. It might have been the Del James one from 2009. He said Izzy demanded more money before the 2006 shows and Team Brazil gave it to him without telling Axl at the time. 

3 hours ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

LOL!

Currently, Richard Fortus is most certainely much more paid than Adler+Izzy would ever be combined.

You people are desilutional : we ain't in 1987 anymore. There are other people in Guns N' Roses and Richard Fortus has been in the band for 16 years. 

He is the guitar player with Slash of the 4th biggest tour in music history. So trust me, Richard is paid millions for that.

This succes is also his success. And he earns millions dollars for that.

Don't be surprised if he is part of the partnership in a forthcoming futur...

But people are attending the shows for songs written in 1987. Nobody cares for Fortus. Not one song being played is written by Fortus. Fortus is just lucky enough to be an employee and part of this tour. He will never reach the heights Izzy reached. Never. He'll not even come close. Not songwriting wise, not from the popularity and not from the aura. 

Thousands of people miss Izzy. Nobody would miss Fortus. He does his job. Nothing more or less. He's exchangeable like a pair of socks.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Derick said:

I dare you to show where I said he is lying and also dare you to show where he says they did not want to give him enough money.

"Enough" is too vague and he was very specific on that Twitter message: "They didn't want to split the loot equally". I asume that´s true, they don´t want to split the loot equally but I believe even between them they didn´t split the loot equally and I also believe that´s not the main reason why Izzy it´s not there. 

Anyway..I didn´t say he's lying what I say was that he´s using this bullshit as a excuse to not be there. It´s much easier to say this, which in a way is true, than to assume that he don´t want to be there. 

You backed by your guessing clearly put all the blame on the Big 3. I just don´t buy it..Analyzing Izzy's solo career and his moves as a musician I wonder if the Big 3 are this evil that you and others Izzy´s fans are saying. I still waiting for someone to tell me when it was the last show he did to suport his own songs. He has released tons of songs over the last 10 years so tell me something about those tours, about those GIGs that he did...Yeah, nothing!!! So are you telling me that my scenario doesn't make sense at all? C´mom man!

I believe you are correct about your Izzy conclusions. It should be obvious to people that Izzy doesn’t want to in GNR as a full-time member. I belive he asked for equal pay for the sole reason of excluding him as a possibility. Izzy was fully aware that he sold his stake in the band and he would not be given an equal share or anything close to that amount. Additionally,    Izzy appears to have zero interest in full time touring. And the UYI was super successful without Izzy. His musical contributions and importance to GNR can not be debated, but the world didn’t care at all during the UYI tour that he was absent. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Axl joked that Izzy was expensive, he never said Izzy demanded more money last minute.

There's an interview where he says pretty clearly that Izzy asked for more money than was originally agreed on and Team Brazil didn't tell Axl about it because they didn't want to upset him. 

3 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

There's an interview where he says pretty clearly that Izzy asked for more money than was originally agreed on and Team Brazil didn't tell Axl about it because they didn't want to upset him. 

Unless you can provide proof of this interview... I'm still not buying it, sorry. :shrugs:

From 2009 Del Interview:

Axl Rose: A lot more reasons than I'll get into here now. Different reasons for each version and each individual. The Izzy bit was fun — and also fun because we didn't have to rely on him in any way, which is how he prefers things and works better for everyone. That said, you never knew if Izzy would be there or not or if he'd remember the song or decide to leave early. It didn't cause any problems, because we were doing our show regardless and didn't have to depend on anything, but it did open everyone's eyes a bit and blow minds.

He called, asked to come out and negotiated a deal with management that it's probably best that none of us knew about or the fun would've seemed a bit more like being used or taken advantage of spoiling the moment. As it was, we had a great time.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/axl-rose-on-slash-i-consider-him-a-cancer-and-better-removed-avoided/

I could see how someone might recall the bolded part as a two step process, having not read it recently.   1) He called and asked to come out.  2) then he negotiated deal with management that I didnt know about.

But the thing is that there was only one negotiation, the initial call wasn't a negotiation.  Just Axl's phrasing could be misleading

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zoot said:

And what about 2006 & 2012? Are you just going to ignore those dates? C'mon dude... :facepalm:

Those dates were just where he was guesting on a few songs, right? 

Some people are so desperate to believe Izzy loves touring. I haven't read anything that even points in that direction. 

37 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I believe you are correct about your Izzy conclusions. It should be obvious to people that Izzy doesn’t want to in GNR as a full-time member. I belive he asked for equal pay for the sole reason of excluding him as a possibility. Izzy was fully aware that he sold his stake in the band and he would not be given an equal share or anything close to that amount. Additionally,    Izzy appears to have zero interest in full time touring. And the UYI was super successful without Izzy. His musical contributions and importance to GNR can not be debated, but the world didn’t care at all during the UYI tour that he was absent. 

Right. He doesn't want to do it, but instead of simply saying so or well, do nothing and sit back, let the reunion unfold, he asks for equal pay, gets denied and after an interview with Axl and Duff, several months into the tour, where they are claiming that he's flaky, he gets on record and complains that he wasn't gonna get as much as the others. Makes perfect sense. :facepalm::facepalm:

• Like 1

:lol:

Izzy is the simplest guy! I'm sure he knows how to say NO, straight to their faces, if he didn't want to do something.

Why would he plan such a twisted scheme when it is so fuckin' easy to just say "No, I don't wanna be part of this reunion" and move on?

It is clear to me he did want to be part of it (don't know if full or part time) and he wanted to be paid equally because he considers himself a founding member of the band.

He was denied that chance and ok, he moved on. :shrugs:

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, soon said:

From 2009 Del Interview:

Axl Rose: A lot more reasons than I'll get into here now. Different reasons for each version and each individual. The Izzy bit was fun — and also fun because we didn't have to rely on him in any way, which is how he prefers things and works better for everyone. That said, you never knew if Izzy would be there or not or if he'd remember the song or decide to leave early. It didn't cause any problems, because we were doing our show regardless and didn't have to depend on anything, but it did open everyone's eyes a bit and blow minds.

He called, asked to come out and negotiated a deal with management that it's probably best that none of us knew about or the fun would've seemed a bit more like being used or taken advantage of spoiling the moment. As it was, we had a great time.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/axl-rose-on-slash-i-consider-him-a-cancer-and-better-removed-avoided/

I could see how someone might recall the bolded part as a two step process, having not read it recently.   1) He called and asked to come out.  2) then he negotiated deal with management that I didnt know about.

But the thing is that there was only one negotiation, the initial call wasn't a negotiation.  Just Axl's phrasing could be misleading

That right there should end this thread.  Axl, Slash and Duff love Izzy but he just isn't reliable.

They've all said as much, including Marc canter.

The evidence is there for us all to see. He left GNR, left VR, was never all that interested in being in a big band. 

No way could they trust him to do 4 hour shows on a 2+ year tour.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

That right there should end this thread.  Axl, Slash and Duff love Izzy but he just isn't reliable.

They've all said as much, including Marc canter.

The evidence is there for us all to see. He left GNR, left VR, was never all that interested in being in a big band. 

No way could they trust him to do 4 hour shows on a 2+ year tour.  

How in the hell did you get that out of that interview? If anything it just shows Axl was low balling Izzy all the way back in 2006 too. :lol:

Also, stop saying Izzy left VR, Izzy was never in VR. He jammed with them a bit but Dave Kushner was already their rhythm guitarist and it was never anything official.

----

Wasn't this thread about a film festival??? How did we end up down this road again? :lol:

Edited by Zoot
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Right. He doesn't want to do it, but instead of simply saying so or well, do nothing and sit back, let the reunion unfold, he asks for equal pay, gets denied and after an interview with Axl and Duff, several months into the tour, where they are claiming that he's flaky, he gets on record and complains that he wasn't gonna get as much as the others. Makes perfect sense. :facepalm::facepalm:

That’s speculation, you don’t know what he asked for and he isn’t on record, he issued a tweet. 

5 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

That’s speculation, you don’t know what he asked for and he isn’t on record, he issued a tweet. 

Totally, that is why I find it kinda silly to see such polarizing views either regarding Izzy or the big 3 this whole entire time since the Troubador show.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Totally, that is why I find it kinda silly to see such polarizing views either regarding Izzy or the big 3 this whole entire time since the Troubador show.  

Speculation, bias, conjecture, and entitlement are what drive this forum. There are few people who don’t feed into all of it. 

37 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

He tweeted about it, so he's on record. He complained that they didn't wanna split the loot equally. So that shows that wanted equal pay. No speculation there at all.

9 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

He tweeted about it, so he's on record. He complained that they didn't wanna split the loot equally. So that shows that wanted equal pay. No speculation there at all.

The principal 3 are unlikely splitting the loot equally. The fact Izzy would make a demand that they all split the profits from the tour equally after selling his stake in the band and entirely divesting himself of all things GNR is the basis for the point one poster made that Izzy used this as an excuse to not be apart of the tour. Izzy doesn’t want to be there and anybody who thinks otherwise is romanticizing his desire.

24 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Izzy doesn’t want to be there and anybody who thinks otherwise is romanticizing his desire.

Now that is speculation. But whatever. Done with this topic. Too many deluded people here, who make things up as they go along.