IZZY STRADLIN (and MATT SORUM) show up at movie festival in Palm Springs

4 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

This is getting tiring. I dare you to show me where I said that the 3 (they are not big in this context) are evil!! Yes, Izzy was specific. And the 3 would have been the ones responsible for not splitting the loot equally, giving him a reason to not do it. You're insinuating that that wasn't quite the case and was either made up or enhanced. But whatever. He left the tour in '91. Didn't have a problem then, to let everyone know that he wasn't interested in GNR. So why would he have a problem 25 years later to say that he still is not interested in touring with GNR and use money issues, made up or enhanced, as an excuse instead??? That doesn't make sense. That he would publicly project a made up rift and argument between him and the other guys, thus souring their relations, doesn't make sense.

And whether he did tours on his own, really is only a smokesscreen and irrelevant. With GNR there is first class touring. On his own he's sitting on a tour bus, plays clubs and probably looses money. Maybe he simply doesn't want to do that. What is more important is that the one major tour he did in all those years was with GNR.

You blame them for not accepting Izzy's demand. C´mom did you expect them to accept this "equally" bullshit? I think not even Izzy expect that...that´s why I believe this is much more an excuse to not be there than anything else!

Why would they supposedly have to split equally? Because he´s one of the founders? Because of the songs that they maked together? Everyone knows that this tour is so successful just because Slash is back and this tour is much more based on the Axl/Slash duo than the old songs themselves. Yeah, maybe in our romantic idea of how things should work in a band they should give him what he wants..but in the real life is not that way. And Izzy knows that, he´s not a dumb.

Sorry but It´s hard to believe that Izzy doesn´t want to be a rockstar but wants to be payed as one. That´s why I don´t buy this "split the loot equally" talk! Well maybe I'm wrong and he really wants things that way. If this is the case, he´s nuts!:shrugs:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Derick said:

You blame them for not accepting Izzy's demand. C´mom did you expect them to accept this "equally" bullshit? I think not even Izzy expect that...that´s why I believe this is much more an excuse to not be there than anything else!

Why would they supposedly have to split equally? Because he´s one of the founders? Because of the songs that they maked together? Everyone knows that this tour is so successful just because Slash is back and this tour is much more based on the Axl/Slash duo than the old songs themselves. Yeah, maybe in our romantic idea of how things should work in a band they should give him what he wants..but in the real life is not that way. And Izzy knows that, he´s not a dumb.

Sorry but It´s hard to believe that Izzy doesn´t want to be a rockstar but wants to be payed as one. That´s why I don´t buy this "split the loot equally" talk! Well maybe I'm wrong and he really wants things that way. If this is the case, he´s nuts!:shrugs:

I don't want you to put words in my mouth. I dare you to show me, where I blamed anyone. I'm just stating the obvious we can take from his tweet, Axl and Duff's interview, Axl's general opinion of a reunion of all 5 original members and how things went down.

Also I can see both sides, why Izzy is justified in wanting an equal share of the money made on this tour, which doesn't make him nuts and I can also see why the other's see it differently. The partnership is no real issue for me though.

Edited by PatrickS77

9 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I dare you to show me, where I blamed anyone

8 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Nah. You're not. They are out beccause Axl, Slash and Duff, for some reason, don't want them. If they wanted them, they would and could make it work.

6 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

So that brings us back to that they (Axl) didn't want him and probably made an offer in that direction, which either would have reduced Izzy to some guest spots or give him substantially less money than the others, hoping that he wouldn't accept.

4 hours ago, Lio said:

Those dates were just where he was guesting on a few songs, right? 

Some people are so desperate to believe Izzy loves touring. I haven't read anything that even points in that direction. 

yeah, i remember so well he never toured in 1986, 1987, 1988, 1991!

He just skipped the tour!

people are desperate!

yes!

5 hours ago, Zoot said:

How in the hell did you get that out of that interview? If anything it just shows Axl was low balling Izzy all the way back in 2006 too. :lol:

Also, stop saying Izzy left VR, Izzy was never in VR. He jammed with them a bit but Dave Kushner was already their rhythm guitarist and it was never anything official.

----

Wasn't this thread about a film festival??? How did we end up down this road again? :lol:

What? He literally said they can't rely on Izzy and Izzy doesn't want to be relied on because they didn't know if he'd show up, remember the songs or leave early. That's less than ideal for a 2 year world tour.

And he was jamming and writing with VR early on, and was trying to convince them to keep it low key with just Duff and Izzy doing the singing but stopped coming around once he realized they were looking for a lead singer and wanted it to be bigger than he did. 

Nobody says these things to attack him, it's just a pretty common description of how he is.

• Like 1

On 2018-01-10 at 11:25 AM, Modano09 said:

"Low ball" offer because they already paid him when he sold his percentage of the band. I get wanting him there but it's not their fault he wanted to sell his percentage in the band and then years later be paid like he didn't.

Oh no not at all it's not like he wasn't pushed into that situation at all to sell off! Reducing his role bc he didn't turn into madonna for a bit

axls story in this drama is the worst one alienating all then half accepting his failure and responsibility to bring the band back with integrity

Edited by Back off Biches
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lio said:

We were talking since 1993. 

oh, thanks! i hadnt realized that!

i am so fascinated with the amazing ammount of new fresh info on your posts -- izzy cant tour, izzy wont tour, izzy sold his part in the partnership, this that and the other -- its just so much fresh new TRUE INFO about izzy that i didnt notice it that you were cleverly omitting all past Izzy tours in order to make your argument seem to have any resemblance with a fact!

You know, you have such a great point that I completely forgot that izzy toured in 1986, 1987, 1988, 1991 plus solo tours in 1992 and 1993!

But of course it is pretty obvious that izzy cant tour izzy doesnt like touring izzy wont tour!

Please keep on spreading this true info on IZZY as much as you can -- you seem to know so much and you dont twist the facts like people do on this forum!

8 hours ago, Modano09 said:

1991 was 27 years ago.

Really?! I had no idea!

The TRUE FACT is that Izzy cant tour and Izzy wont tour and Izzy wont commit and Izzy cant play and Izzy sold his partnership and... WOW, SO MUCH TRUTH!

Now do you remember when you used to say that Steven cant play?! Those were such great times, i miss them so much!

Please never stop sharing the truth on this board!

25 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I remember a time - not too long ago - when Slash was despised on here far more than Izzy, and Izzy was rather liked infact because he played with Nugnr and didn't turn up at the Hall of Fame, and in general carried himself with far more decorum in Axl's company than Slash ever would; further, Izzy's solo albums were considered better than ''Slash's cheesy shit''. 

Fickle lot, these Gunners!

I still like Izzy better than Slash (if only because of their writing within Guns) I like his albums as a whole, not love them but enjoy them from time to time. Doesn't mean that the band should be forced to have him onboard if they can't even reach an agreement with the guy. Plus in a live setting he's really not that much. Would love to have him in the studio though.

As for Slash albums, I wouldn't say they're cheesy, just not very inventive, a lot of the same formula and I enjoy my artists better when I see them trying different things, even if they fail after all "failure only happens from originality".

Just a little:
Do we know for sure that the infamous Izzy loot tweet was adressed to GNR?

Cause as far as I remember it, he didnt tweet that straight after the interview, it took some time. Izzy's always tweeting weird stuff and deleting, is there any possibility it wasnt adressed to GNR or is it 100% fact?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

oh, thanks! i hadnt realized that!

i am so fascinated with the amazing ammount of new fresh info on your posts -- izzy cant tour, izzy wont tour, izzy sold his part in the partnership, this that and the other -- its just so much fresh new TRUE INFO about izzy that i didnt notice it that you were cleverly omitting all past Izzy tours in order to make your argument seem to have any resemblance with a fact!

You know, you have such a great point that I completely forgot that izzy toured in 1986, 1987, 1988, 1991 plus solo tours in 1992 and 1993!

But of course it is pretty obvious that izzy cant tour izzy doesnt like touring izzy wont tour!

Please keep on spreading this true info on IZZY as much as you can -- you seem to know so much and you dont twist the facts like people do on this forum!

You're very annoying.

Never said Izzy can't tour. I said I haven't seen anything pointing at Izzy wanting to tour.

Stop putting words in my mouth and answer me if you want to respond. Stop giving me this bs.

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

Really?! I had no idea!

The TRUE FACT is that Izzy cant tour and Izzy wont tour and Izzy wont commit and Izzy cant play and Izzy sold his partnership and... WOW, SO MUCH TRUTH!

Now do you remember when you used to say that Steven cant play?! Those were such great times, i miss them so much!

Please never stop sharing the truth on this board!

I didn't say Steven can't play, I said he was an obnoxious drug addict who wasn't worth the risk. 

The "truth" is really just being realistic. You don't have a two year world tour that HAS to go smoothly relying on a guy who might go off on a bender or who's personality might piss everyone off and/or a guy who might get bored with it 6 months in and want out. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I remember a time - not too long ago - when Slash was despised on here far more than Izzy, and Izzy was rather liked infact because he played with Nugnr and didn't turn up at the Hall of Fame, and in general carried himself with far more decorum in Axl's company than Slash ever would; further, Izzy's solo albums were considered better than ''Slash's cheesy shit''. 

Fickle lot, these Gunners!

I don't hate Izzy at all. But that whole attitude GNR fans have where what they want to happen is what rightfully should be happening and if it's not happening that way someone is fucking someone somehow presents itself in this situation. If he wanted "equal loot", he's wrong. If he just wasn't up for a 2 year world tour commitment, that's not surprising based on what basically everyone who knows the guy says about him.

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

I don't hate Izzy at all. But that whole attitude GNR fans have where what they want to happen is what rightfully should be happening and if it's not happening that way someone is fucking someone somehow presents itself in this situation. If he wanted "equal loot", he's wrong. If he just wasn't up for a 2 year world tour commitment, that's not surprising based on what basically everyone who knows the guy says about him.

Do you truly believe that is what he asked for? a 25% split each? Why would he do that when they never got paid that way from the beginning? Also, do you really think a 5 figure fee (rumored) is a fair offer to a founding member of the band? Can you not see how insulting that must've been to Izzy? Especially when Melissa, Frank, Fortus and Dizzy are getting so much more?

And if Izzy is playing the victim, lying and manipulating the situation to make the big 3 look bad, why would they let him get away with that? Do you really think Axl of all people would stay quiet when accusations are being thrown around daily that he chose money over his childhood friend? There is no way he would. He'd be calling Izzy out every chance he got if he truly had done nothing wrong.

I understand your point of view. But your theories just don't fit in with the big 3's behavior over the past two years.

Edited by Zoot
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I didn't say Steven can't play, I said he was an obnoxious drug addict who wasn't worth the risk. 

The "truth" is really just being realistic. You don't have a two year world tour that HAS to go smoothly relying on a guy who might go off on a bender or who's personality might piss everyone off and/or a guy who might get bored with it 6 months in and want out. 

i love reading THE TRUTH

1 hour ago, Lio said:

You're very annoying.

Never said Izzy can't tour. I said I haven't seen anything pointing at Izzy wanting to tour.

Stop putting words in my mouth and answer me if you want to respond. Stop giving me this bs.

Yeah you didnt see because you dont know shit about GNR and you dont know shit about IZZY and you completely IGNORE that there are several thngs "pointing at Izzy wanting to tour" including MARC CANTER in this very forum!

Hey, but what is the problem is coming here and spread very-bad-informed opinions as if it was THE TRUTH?

Aint that super FUN?

I love people who know SO LITTLE about something and come to forums and post their VERY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE of the facts as if it was THE TRUTH

Please keep on doing that, its so fun! 

14 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

i love reading THE TRUTH

3 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Yeah you didnt see because you dont know shit about GNR and you dont know shit about IZZY and you completely IGNORE that there are several thngs "pointing at Izzy wanting to tour" including MARC CANTER in this very forum!

Hey, but what is the problem is coming here and spread very-bad-informed opinions as if it was THE TRUTH?

Aint that super FUN?

I love people who know SO LITTLE about something and come to forums and post their VERY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE of the facts as if it was THE TRUTH

Please keep on doing that, its so fun! 

Please knock it off with this TRUTH stuff. It's becoming very repetitive and verging on derailing. This is a forum, people are debating and sharing their opinions and nobody is insisting they know the inner workings of GNR.

• Thanks 2

Remember this Stradlin and Matt track? Would be curious to get Salas for one too.  Sorry if this is the wrong thread to discuss this :P

I actually feel that Matt's main beat, that comes in at the start, is a bit rudimentary.  They find 'the pocket' in very different places, Izzy wasnt kidding that they arent well suited to one another.  But it all works out and the song is still great.  Love Matts tom tom section!

Edited by soon

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

Please knock it off with this TRUTH stuff. It's becoming very repetitive and verging on derailing. This is a forum, people are debating and sharing their opinions and nobody is insisting they know the inner workings of GNR.

Ain't that the truth.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zoot said:

Do you truly believe that is what he asked for? a 25% split each? Why would he do that when they never got paid that way from the beginning? Also, do you really think a 5 figure fee (rumored) is a fair offer to a founding member of the band? Can you not see how insulting that must've been to Izzy? Especially when Melissa, Frank, Fortus and Dizzy are getting so much more?

And if Izzy is playing the victim, lying and manipulating the situation to make the big 3 look bad, why would they let him get away with that? Do you really think Axl of all people would stay quiet when accusations are being thrown around daily that he chose money over his childhood friend? There is no way he would. He'd be calling Izzy out every chance he got if he truly had done nothing wrong.

I understand your point of view. But your theories just don't fit in with the big 3's behavior over the past two years.

The only place where he´s being accused that he chose money over his childhood friend is here and even here the amount of people that believe in this shitty is limited to a small portion of a small group of Izzy fans. And it´s not daily :shrugs:

So why would he bother himself making a statement on the subject if even Izzy deleted the message? And Izzy was very especific on that twitter "They didn't want to split the loot equally. Simple as that."...Assuming that what Izzy said is true,what would they have to say about it? 

And about that " 5 figure fee (rumored)" only a tiny little amount of Izzy fans are desperately trying to make this nonsense sound like something plausible for from there to base their guesswork and then stay at peace with their minds...But most people don´t even consider this as rumor.

• Like 1