IZZY STRADLIN (and MATT SORUM) show up at movie festival in Palm Springs

2 hours ago, Zoot said:

Do you truly believe that is what he asked for? a 25% split each? Why would he do that when they never got paid that way from the beginning? Also, do you really think a 5 figure fee (rumored) is a fair offer to a founding member of the band? Can you not see how insulting that must've been to Izzy? Especially when Melissa, Frank, Fortus and Dizzy are getting so much more?

And if Izzy is playing the victim, lying and manipulating the situation to make the big 3 look bad, why would they let him get away with that? Do you really think Axl of all people would stay quiet when accusations are being thrown around daily that he chose money over his childhood friend? There is no way he would. He'd be calling Izzy out every chance he got if he truly had done nothing wrong.

I understand your point of view. But your theories just don't fit in with the big 3's behavior over the past two years.

Well he tweeted that they didn't want to "split the loot equally", so doesn't that suggest he wanted equal "loot" to them? 

For whatever reason the big 3 seem to be keeping their opinions to themselves. Even Axl's answer about Izzy was pretty much a non-answer. Because of that, it's not surprising they wouldn't run right to the internet or the media to dispute a tweet the majority of people didn't see or know existed. 

And what are the big 3's "behavior" the past 2 years? Because this entire thing seems to be going very well and being met with great response by the vast majority. 

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

i love reading THE TRUTH

You can say it sarcastically all you want but Alder being an obnoxious, unreliable drug addict and Izzy being a free spirit who doesn't like to be tied down to commitments actually is the truth.

13 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

You can say it sarcastically all you want but Alder being an obnoxious, unreliable drug addict and Izzy being a free spirit who doesn't like to be tied down to commitments actually is the truth.

Your statments are pretty much false and defamatory. Steven has kept away from hard drugs for various years and has not fallen off the wagon. 

There is zero indication that Izzy lacks any sort of commitment once he's dialed into something. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Derick said:

The only place where he´s being accused that he chose money over his childhood friend is here and even here the amount of people that believe in this shitty is limited to a small portion of a small group of Izzy fans. And it´s not daily :shrugs:

So why would he bother himself making a statement on the subject if even Izzy deleted the message? And Izzy was very especific on that twitter "They didn't want to split the loot equally. Simple as that."...Assuming that what Izzy said is true,what would they have to say about it? 

And about that " 5 figure fee (rumored)" only a tiny little amount of Izzy fans are desperately trying to make this nonsense sound like something plausible for from there to base their guesswork and then stay at peace with their minds...But most people don´t even consider this as rumor.

21 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Well he tweeted that they didn't want to "split the loot equally", so doesn't that suggest he wanted equal "loot" to them? 

For whatever reason the big 3 seem to be keeping their opinions to themselves. Even Axl's answer about Izzy was pretty much a non-answer. Because of that, it's not surprising they wouldn't run right to the internet or the media to dispute a tweet the majority of people didn't see or know existed. 

And what are the big 3's "behavior" the past 2 years? Because this entire thing seems to be going very well and being met with great response by the vast majority.

I was talking about their behavior towards Izzy.

----

Honestly, you guys are exhausting. You make a false claim... somebody debunks it... then you respond to that with another random false claim that has nothing to do with the current conversation... That gets debunked and so on and so forth... It just goes on and on...

Believe what you want I guess but I'm not going to keep going around in circles with you two. :shrugs:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

Your statments are pretty much false and defamatory. Steven has kept away from hard drugs for various years and has not fallen off the wagon. 

There is zero indication that Izzy lacks any sort of commitment once he's dialed into something. 

Well he was off the wagon in 2013 and has been on and off it enough that I wouldn't have my multi-million dollar two year world tour relying on him either.

And there's zero indication that a two year world tour was something Izzy would commit to. 

Just now, Zoot said:

I was talking about their behavior towards Izzy.

----

Honestly, you guys are exhausting. You make a false claim... somebody debunks it... then you respond to that with another random false claim that has nothing to do with the current conversation... That gets debunked and so on and so forth... It just goes on and on...

Believe what you want I guess but I'm not going to keep going around in circles with you two. :shrugs:

And what's their behavior towards Izzy? 

What's been debunked? As far as the money goes, we're basically down to "well they should have given him an equal share because he wanted it". Which isn't in any way logical, so that's out.  As far as being reliable, well, he had to play 23 shows with GNR in 2006 and apparently they didn't know if he'd show up, stay the whole show or remember the songs night to night, so, maybe they just didn't think he was up for a 2 year world tour? The whole point is that this isn't the big 3 dicking the other 2 for no good reason. 

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

thats what you believe

no one here knows the truth

hey, but please never stop spreading THE TRUTH

Just now, Modano09 said:

Except everything that's said about his personality, his history since leaving GNR, and Axl's take on him playing with GNR in 2006. 

The first thing the guy did when 'leaving GN'R'' was to record an album then go on a world tour! In fact Izzy was almost permanently gigging 1983-1993, and ''on the road'' 1987-93. He began playing clubs with some transvestite band and Hollywood Rose, and ended that period doing a world tour with the Ju Ju Hounds. The guy spent about ten years of his live playing shows! 

Certainly, he is no Slash - Slash would probably visibly decay if he wasn't playing live - but then Rose didn't tour between 1994 - 2001. Izzy played some shows in Japan during the period Rose was twiddling with overdubs.

If Izzy first wanted to play and secondly signed the contract to play, I have no doubts he'd fulfill that contract. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

NITL Tour must continue as soon as possible. People are bored around here.

10 pages debating about Sorum and Izzy just show there is nothing interesting to talk about. 

What’s next? Pittman’s shoes?

let’s talk about Axl, Slash, Duff... you know, relevant musicians and artists.

Fixed

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Let's also not forget that if Izzy signed a contract to join the NITL tour, he would be hit with a massive lawsuit if he decided not to show up. A tour of that magnitude more than likely has ironclad contracts. For god sakes, you have Axl showing up on time and not skipping a show for the first time ever in 2016. No cancellations because his fingernail hurts or his psychic's crystal ball told him to stay home and watch tv. Could it be because he's  kept on a legal short leash w/ potentially severe financial repercussions? Stradlin cared more about showing up on time and giving the fans a better show than anyone in the original band if anyone is bothered to read the multitude of Illusion era interviews. Anyone remember the one about how he wanted the band to learn covers so that they could cover when King Axl ran away to have a meltdown offstage during shows - and Duff/Slash were too wasted to even learn new covers? And this is the guy those three are saying is too unreliable for a world tour?

Who cares what Axl Rose has to say about Izzy? What credibility does that guy have to speak about someone being flaky and a risk for not showing up to a show? Based on what? Izzy showed up for all his GnR shows. Did Axl? Those are the facts since everyone here loves facts over conjecture. Izzy doesn't skip shows or cost promoters money. Axl does. End of story. So if he says Izzy is flaky, it doesn't mean shit. Slash is a proven liar. And I'm less inclined to believe Duff these days - his Jericho interview where he backpedals on Izzy's importance to the band only proves that he's parroting Axl's agenda. 

He's "unreliable" because almost 30 years ago he decided it wasn't for him and has liked to pick and chose his shots since. The way Izzy is described has been consistent and nobody says it in a negative way. It's just how he is. So I don't see why people insist on denying that he is how everyone close to him describes him as being. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Didn't Izzy himself stated that he would be open for a GNR reunion since he wrote a lot of the music?

On 10/01/2018 at 5:38 PM, RONIN said:

Why not just say that he's semi-retired instead of saying publicly for the last decade that he'd love to do a GnR reunion?

@RONIN Can you, please, tell us where and when Izzy maked all those publicly statements?

Edited by Derick

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

For god sakes, you have Axl showing up on time and not skipping a show for the first time ever in 2016. No cancellations because his fingernail hurts or his psychic's crystal ball told him to stay home and watch tv.

Clearly you have not been following the band for years...Since 2011/2012 he has begun to reduce delays and I can not remember a simple cancellation in the last 10 years.

1 minute ago, Derick said:

@RONIN Can you, please, tell us where and when Izzy maked all those publicly statements?

Do your research mate. He's asked about a reunion in literally every interview he's done since the 00's. 

Here's one from 2001:

A hypothetical question then: Axl’s [solo] album flops, and he offers you all the chance to get back together - just like Aerosmith and Black Sabbath - would you do it? I mean, assuming Axl would be… “… broke?” he cuts in with a laugh. “I could hear the call.” Goes into gruff Axl impersonation: “‘You know, I've been, ah, thinking’. He talks really slow when he gets an idea like that. ‘Aahhh, I've been thinking…’ And I'd be thinking, ‘He must be broke’,” he chuckles. “That’s how I imagine the call.”

He says the band still get hopeful promoters trying to tempt them back together with promises of enormous wedge. “Oh, yeah. Around the big millennium hype, for sure.” Is he ever tempted? “Yeah, why not?” he chuckles. “A [one-off] gig would be easy, I would think.” What about an album, though? Now he really does laugh. “Well, you know what? It’s funny, cos like me, Duff and Slash - we could go in and make a Guns N’ Roses record in a week. Basic tracks. [But] vocals and leads [instrumentation] could take God knows how long…”

http://www.a-4-d.com/t2673-2001-xxdd-classic-rock-interview-with-izzy

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Derick said:

Clearly you have not been following the band for years...Since 2011/2012 he has begun to reduce delays and I can not remember a simple cancellation in the last 10 years.

I didn't follow that era of the band so if you say that's the case, then I stand corrected.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Do your research mate. He's asked about a reunion in literally every interview he's done since the 00's. 

Here's one from 2001:

A hypothetical question then: Axl’s [solo] album flops, and he offers you all the chance to get back together - just like Aerosmith and Black Sabbath - would you do it? I mean, assuming Axl would be… “… broke?” he cuts in with a laugh. “I could hear the call.” Goes into gruff Axl impersonation: “‘You know, I've been, ah, thinking’. He talks really slow when he gets an idea like that. ‘Aahhh, I've been thinking…’ And I'd be thinking, ‘He must be broke’,” he chuckles. “That’s how I imagine the call.”

He says the band still get hopeful promoters trying to tempt them back together with promises of enormous wedge. “Oh, yeah. Around the big millennium hype, for sure.” Is he ever tempted? “Yeah, why not?” he chuckles. “A [one-off] gig would be easy, I would think.” What about an album, though? Now he really does laugh. “Well, you know what? It’s funny, cos like me, Duff and Slash - we could go in and make a Guns N’ Roses record in a week. Basic tracks. [But] vocals and leads [instrumentation] could take God knows how long…”

http://www.a-4-d.com/t2673-2001-xxdd-classic-rock-interview-with-izzy

But even that supports how Izzy's been portrayed - he'd do a one off show, because, why not? And he sees an album as them just throwing down basic tracks and getting it out. All in all the guy just comes off as someone who doesn't want to take it too seriously and doesn't want it to be too big and wants to do it all as long as it's fun for him at the time - which isn't at all a bad thing, it just may not be ideal if you want to do a 2 year world stadium tour. 

• Like 1