Which album would you choose?

Which would you choose?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Honestly I'd hold out for a CD-era boxset that includes Bucket, Brain, Finck etc. and go with Axl/DC.

Axl sounds fucking killer when he's just having fun on a cover song - AC/DC, I Feel Good, Seeker, hell I think even Back In The Saddle might be comparable to an Angus/Axl studio collaboration. That's essentially how I'd view the album - Axl guesting on Angus' songs and trying to maintain the bar he's already set with him. However, my ideal 'next album scenario' is CDII with Slash, Duff and Melissa on some parts, while keeping any key Bucket/Brain/Finck parts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Neither here also. It is an odd question. What would this Rose covers thing be, and why would another band be covering CD2? I can just see that happening, after decades of money, tinkering and hoarding Rose suddenly hands over his priceless reels of overdubs to some random band: ''here you go''. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I don't give a shit about Slash and never have, and the poll has nothing to do with him anyway. I'm simply asking whether one would rather have Axl's voice without his lyrics or his lyrics without his voice. Of course neither are realistic options but it's a pretty straightforward way of asking the question.

Seems more like you want to lead people to vote for what you're expecting....... if you dont give a shit about Slash then what are you doing here?

An album of songs sung by Axl but not written by him is not impossible. He actually already did that with the Spaghetti Incident :shrugs:

Interesting topic

Axl singing over music written by somebody else for sure.  I lost faith in his songwriting skills.. I didn't care for CD at all and hearing Slash and Duff on the songs didn't make them much better if at all in most cases. 

I would have loved to hear him singing on World Of Fire though.. Musically that album was killer but Myles was the weak link... I also think Axl is at his best when singing over hard rock music which would make an Axl\DC album more desirable to me than CD2 as well..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Neither here also. It is an odd question. What would this Rose covers thing be, and why would another band be covering CD2? I can just see that happening, after decades of money, tinkering and hoarding Rose suddenly hands over his priceless reels of overdubs to some random band: ''here you go''. 

You should google "hypothetical question".

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Seems more like you want to lead people to vote for what you're expecting....... if you dont give a shit about Slash then what are you doing here?

An album of songs sung by Axl but not written by him is not impossible. He actually already did that with the Spaghetti Incident :shrugs:

No, I want people to vote for either of the options I gave. Are people incapable of choosing between two options they don't really like? Some polls are about preference, not about your ideal scenario.

As far as Slash goes, as I said, I'm an Axl fan. In case you were unaware, there was a full album (and another unreleased album) without him on it, not to mention lots of classic GNR songs where Izzy was the primary writer, so I'm not sure why caring about Slash would be a requirement for being a GNR fan.

Depends COMPLETELY on what the other band is. CD 2 covered by One Direction doesn't interest me at all. Also who would be the songwriter for the songs that Axl would sing on? I love Axl's voice, but even he could never save a song like Justin Biebers Baby.

All in all I think I would lean towards an album sung by Axl though. He makes almost any song sound good. Much prefer his take on Big Shot compared to Billy Joel's version for example. Axl's one of my favorite songwriters, but in the end I have to admit that many GNR songs would sound terrible with some other lead vocalist.

But if I had to choose between CD 2 covered by Foo Fighters or some Offspring album covered by Axl, I would definitely choose CD2 by Foo Fighters.

Edited by Lies They Tell

4 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

No, I want people to vote for either of the options I gave. Are people incapable of choosing between two options they don't really like? Some polls are about preference, not about your ideal scenario.

Why do you assume people don't like the options you gave? :question:

I do like Axl hypothetically singing for an AC/DC album. And I do like the Spaghetti Incident.

I must not be the only one :shrugs:

7 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

As far as Slash goes, as I said, I'm an Axl fan. In case you were unaware, there was a full album (and another unreleased album) without him on it, not to mention lots of classic GNR songs where Izzy was the primary writer, so I'm not sure why caring about Slash would be a requirement for being a GNR fan.

Yeah, one album without Slash as opposed to other 5 with him on it :lol:

Unreleased album? Unreleased in your head? LOL

Your attempt to take credit away from Slash as THE GUITARIST of Guns N' Roses is pretty hilarious and you're good at it. :lol:

• Like 1