Appetite for Distortion - Ep. 42: BRAIN

7 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

I think the "punk" song Brain was trying to remember that Pitman wrote was Silkworms lol

This was an enjoyable listen. Only slight would be for me as a hardcore Chinese era fan, I wish there were more interesting reveals or questions about songs that didn't make it on the album or stories about the 2002 and 2006 tour. We've heard the Rock in Rio story a million times, and no one ever mentions to correct Brain that they played their first show before Rio at the House of Blues.

Did find it interesting that Brain sort of regrets leaving as he'd like to be up there playing with Slash and Duff. That would be awesome.

Appreciate the feedback, hopefully he comes on again to get more and talk the HOB show. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Good stuff

You missed a follow-up question on why Paul Tobias was fired and replaced by Richard Fortus - I don't think that story's ever been told publicly 

Didn’t miss, just didn’t want to push anything. I don’t like to press too much first time I speak with someone, but yes I’m hoping that’ll be answered next time  🤞 

Well, why Paul Tobias was fired ? 

At some point, when axl wanted Paul to come in the band, Slash refused. 

So, that was maybe a trigger that killed the band. 

Some song's they write together etc. 

Who know's. It was also great time. 

Here is one of forgaten video called Dust as a tribute to all time's. 

• GNFNR 1

35 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Good stuff

You missed a follow-up question on why Paul Tobias was fired and replaced by Richard Fortus - I don't think that story's ever been told publicly 

I recall one of Axl's chats saying Tobias simply moved into a background role and he stepped away because he didn't like touring. So either Axl was lying or Brain misspoke.

Also Paul helped put together the album notes in 2007/8 so he was clearly still around and on good terms with Axl.

Edited by History2010
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

Must get Chris Pitman 

I wish that Robin, Bucket, Tommy, Brain and Chris would form a new supergroup. Tommy and Chris would be the lead vocalists. Something like VR 2.0.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2