Gardening

Gracii Guns

No, guess there isn't one tonight.

Grateful Dead offshoot Dead & Company have decided to skip this week's installment of their One More Saturday Night series, but have announced another special stream this Sunday.

The band launched the special series in March and have been streaming full concert performances each Saturday night via their official YouTube channel.

However, they have decided to forgo the July 4th installment but announced a special stream for Sunday, They advised fans, "One More Saturday Night is taking the week off!

"Tune in Sunday, July 5th to catch the rebroadcast of all 3 legendary Fare Thee Well performances on FANS. Enjoy the long weekend deadheads"

They did issue this July 4th message, "Enjoy the long weekend friends, Happy 4th. ???? ?Send us your backyard stealies using #deadandcompany?".

Guess I'll see you tomorrow night.

Edited by cineater

25 minutes ago, cineater said:

No, guess there isn't one tonight.

Grateful Dead offshoot Dead & Company have decided to skip this week's installment of their One More Saturday Night series, but have announced another special stream this Sunday.

The band launched the special series in March and have been streaming full concert performances each Saturday night via their official YouTube channel.

However, they have decided to forgo the July 4th installment but announced a special stream for Sunday, They advised fans, "One More Saturday Night is taking the week off!

"Tune in Sunday, July 5th to catch the rebroadcast of all 3 legendary Fare Thee Well performances on FANS. Enjoy the long weekend deadheads"

They did issue this July 4th message, "Enjoy the long weekend friends, Happy 4th. ???? ?Send us your backyard stealies using #deadandcompany?".

Guess I'll see you tomorrow night.

I guess that makes sense and I should have seen it coming. Sucks though, I'd already put on my dancing shoes. Will be cool to see Fare Thee Well. I havent even heard those tapes. Always wondered how Trey Anistasio from Phish sounds with them. It cost a million dollars to attend those shows and now we'll see them for free. :headbang:Thats a million dollar Space Drums x3!! :lol:

I paid $35 and watched some live online.  Good stuff.  Trey is a lot of fun.

I was going to run up to the garden and put these 12 plants in the perennial bed but they have already started blowing up the court.  Guess I'll do it in the morning.  We have a lunar eclipse tonight.  

The greenhouse opened the middle of February.  Plant sale started in March.  I think it was March 23 they shut the greenhouse down.  It was the middle of April when I wrote Craig the retainer check.  I think he demoed the first week in May.  He said 2 weeks. :lol:

Edited by cineater

7 hours ago, action said:

trash can. there's hippies that make fertiliser out of them, but I say away with it. the smell of chicken shit is no joke

Oh, so you keep hens and get your shovels from blacksmiths but you aren’t a hippy? Sure boss. :lol:

Composting it would likely reduce the smells. I imagine your trash is picked up weekly? And composting also utilizes their used bedding, too.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, cineater said:

I paid $35 and watched some live online.  Good stuff.  Trey is a lot of fun.

I was going to run up to the garden and put these 12 plants in the perennial bed but they have already started blowing up the court.  Guess I'll do it in the morning.  We have a lunar eclipse tonight.  

The greenhouse opened the middle of February.  Plant sale started in March.  I think it was March 23 they shut the greenhouse down.  It was the middle of April when I wrote Craig the retainer check.  I think he demoed the first week in May.  He said 2 weeks. :lol:

Oh you got to watch some?! Awesome! Cant wait to check it out. Back then I liked some Dead, but I didnt connect with how unique they were yet. I cant quit recall what it was like to not be in love with them yet. But the concerts were a big deal. I was actually watching an interview with Bill the other day that was for Fare Thee Well. He's asked if this is the end of the Dead and he has a knowing smiling when he says "Me and Bobby are healthy and we wanna do something." And thats really what Dead and Co is, isnt it? Bob and Bill. A very different kind of machine. Will be great to see the Bob and Bill of Dead and Co playing with Phil as the Dead.

You had to stay in because of how many fireworks we happening directly outside your door? :lol: U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A! :lol: Did you catch the eclipse? I wish I had of.

February... that was a whole other world. A lifetime ago. Two weeks was an ambitious timeline! :lol:

We're getting 12 hours of the Dead shows!  I have shit to do but I'll catch some of it.

I was front row and center for all the fireworks.  The sky was filled.  This morning I went out and blew off half the street but lacked enough extension cord to do the whole street.  The eclipse was a let down.  Couldn't really tell if that was a little shadow or just hard to see through all the firework smoke.

Ran up and got the hollyhocks planted and Southern charm planted in the perennial gardens.  Wanted to stay but I have company coming over this morning.

26 minutes ago, cineater said:

We're getting 12 hours of the Dead shows!  I have shit to do but I'll catch some of it.

I was front row and center for all the fireworks.  The sky was filled.  This morning I went out and blew off half the street but lacked enough extension cord to do the whole street.  The eclipse was a let down.  Couldn't really tell if that was a little shadow or just hard to see through all the firework smoke.

Ran up and got the hollyhocks planted and Southern charm planted in the perennial gardens.  Wanted to stay but I have company coming over this morning.

Where are they streaming the shows? Do you have a link?

Any excuse to get your power washer going? 

My lentils are finally starting to look strong. I think only the echinacea is still infested. And its so thirsty. And Im not even sure its the varietal that I ordered... all this work could be for nothing! lol Well at least it gives me something to do at the garden other than just watering.

46 minutes ago, cineater said:

I had company and then I crashed for part of the afternoon until the weather radio woke me up.  How rude.  Passing storms but at least it cooled off.

Getting your fill of space and drums? :lol:  I'll catch some of the show tonight.

Ive concluded that space drums exists solely so that something Mickey plays on drums at the concert can actually be said to have mattered. Just by virtue of almost everyone else's absence. :lol:

Ive been listening in all day - theres lots of other documentary stuff between sets and shows too. I did watch show 1, set 1 closely. There was something Phishy about it, lol. Trey obviously, but I was struck by how comparable in style Hornsby is to Phish's pianist, Paige McConnel. So I was distracted by that.

Also, Phil could maybe be more selective about which songs he sings lead on?:smiley-confused2:

Its really cool to hear all sorts of Deadheads reminiscing. Im loving that! Im gonna watch this evening too!

16 hours ago, action said:

trash can. there's hippies that make fertiliser out of them, but I say away with it. the smell of chicken shit is no joke

When I was a teenager, I worked for an old couple who had a hobby farm with 3 chicken coops, and the lady would make fertilizer with the chicken shit. The smell is absolutely terrible :vomit:

5 hours ago, soon said:

Ive concluded that space drums exists solely so that something Mickey plays on drums at the concert can actually be said to have mattered. Just by virtue of almost everyone else's absence. :lol:

Ive been listening in all day - theres lots of other documentary stuff between sets and shows too. I did watch show 1, set 1 closely. There was something Phishy about it, lol. Trey obviously, but I was struck by how comparable in style Hornsby is to Phish's pianist, Paige McConnel. So I was distracted by that.

Also, Phil could maybe be more selective about which songs he sings lead on?:smiley-confused2:

Its really cool to hear all sorts of Deadheads reminiscing. Im loving that! Im gonna watch this evening too!

I can't seem to stay awake today.  Tuning in now.

Notice the plexi glass?  A band ahead of its time. :lol:

Weather next week here is described as oppressive.  I'll be getting up early to hit the garden.  Don't forget we have class Thursday night.

Edited by cineater

12 hours ago, cineater said:

I can't seem to stay awake today.  Tuning in now.

Notice the plexi glass?  A band ahead of its time. :lol:

Weather next week here is described as oppressive.  I'll be getting up early to hit the garden.  Don't forget we have class Thursday night.

Can’t wait for class! That reminds me to check into that Wednesday series you sent me - that seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle.

They really were ahead of their time in every way! They put that up so they wouldn’t catch whatever Mickey had :lol: good show.

supposed to get super hot here too. Hope you’re enjoying the garden.

22 minutes ago, cineater said:

Didn't make it. :lol:  I slept in this morning.  I had several people ask at the last minute if they could go up this morning or start early.  I'm going to try this evening if it's not too hot.

Wow - you must be catching up on sleep from months of midnight plant sales :lol:

Im hoping to just water the smallest plants and maybe spread out some of my holy basil. 

1 hour ago, soon said:

Wow - you must be catching up on sleep from months of midnight plant sales :lol:

Im hoping to just water the smallest plants and maybe spread out some of my holy basil. 

We're planting at my side project tonight.  I will get to the gardens this week.

My friend's house goes on the market this week plus her birthday is Wednesday.  We're doing dinner so I'll be missing Weir Wednesday.  She's appropriately freaked out. :lol:

This is my summer schedule.  I usually work mornings and sleep through the heat of the afternoon only to get back up and work into the later part of the night.  I appreciate this weird weather.  We're getting pop up afternoon showers that keep me from having to water the plants although that leaves the plants wet at night and promotes diseases.  Sent you another yard picture.  It's beautiful out there.

55 minutes ago, cineater said:

We're planting at my side project tonight.  I will get to the gardens this week.

My friend's house goes on the market this week plus her birthday is Wednesday.  We're doing dinner so I'll be missing Weir Wednesday.  She's appropriately freaked out. :lol:

This is my summer schedule.  I usually work mornings and sleep through the heat of the afternoon only to get back up and work into the later part of the night.  I appreciate this weird weather.  We're getting pop up afternoon showers that keep me from having to water the plants although that leaves the plants wet at night and promotes diseases.  Sent you another yard picture.  It's beautiful out there.

Those hostas and your yard are so beautiful! What are you planting tonight?

probably a great sleep pattern for this hot weather. Today feels great with a breeze and lower humidity, still hot though. Tomorrow is forecast to reach 39c :wow:

ill miss you on Weir Wednesday. The whole Grateful Dead routines been a bit off lately! I feel so untethered. But yeah, big week for your friend! :lol: hope you have a blast!

At the garden I overheard two gardeners talking about their pest issues being out of control. I’ve never felt so fucking giddy with pride, thinking “those poor fools have killed their beneficial insects, lol” And then I left without telling them - they looked like condo dwellers to me :lol:

Tonight is grey headed coneflower and chokeberry.  Both natives to this area.

Damn that's hot.  I don't take the heat all that well and now I haven't been acclimated to it over the last few months.  I'll be staying home this summer even without a pandemic. 

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Tonight is grey headed coneflower and chokeberry.  Both natives to this area.

Damn that's hot.  I don't take the heat all that well and now I haven't been acclimated to it over the last few months.  I'll be staying home this summer even without a pandemic. 

Dang, your native game is so inspiring. I need to get up to speed on that!

Im starting to see little bean pods forming on my black beans! I think within 2 weeks I will be eating them! Although farting, humidity and being indoors isnt the greatest combination known to man. :lol:

• Haha 1

I got cloud coverage for a minute and jumped on the mowing.  It actually felt good to sweat.  It's not bad if you go in and out of the shade of the trees.

I have flowers on my peppers but only the one flower on my tomato.  Wow my patio got bigger. :lol:  I took the last plant shelf off it.

Beaker is going to look at you funny if you start walking around the house farting. :lol:

I did make it to the gardens on the way to my side project.  Half hour and one whole side of the building is weeded.  Got to love leaf mulch.  Unfortunately the side project has been invaded by Bermuda grass.  It spreads by runners and it's all over the mainbed.  We're going to have to put up a border and have a dead zone in front of that. 

I did come home with somethings interesting.  I'll send you a picture tomorrow.  You're going to be asking, what the duck? :lol:

Edited by cineater

15 hours ago, cineater said:

I got cloud coverage for a minute and jumped on the mowing.  It actually felt good to sweat.  It's not bad if you go in and out of the shade of the trees.

I have flowers on my peppers but only the one flower on my tomato.  Wow my patio got bigger. :lol:  I took the last plant shelf off it.

Beaker is going to look at you funny if you start walking around the house farting. :lol:

I did make it to the gardens on the way to my side project.  Half hour and one whole side of the building is weeded.  Got to love leaf mulch.  Unfortunately the side project has been invaded by Bermuda grass.  It spreads by runners and it's all over the mainbed.  We're going to have to put up a border and have a dead zone in front of that. 

I did come home with somethings interesting.  I'll send you a picture tomorrow.  You're going to be asking, what the duck? :lol:

Send the picture! :lol: Im so curious!

Yesterday was nice under some shade... but not today. Theres supposed to be a thunderstorm that is not expected to break the heat. So it might knock out my power but Ill likely still have to water too.

Thats an exciting feeling when flowers first appear on the pepper and tomatoes, eh? You prolly forgot that you had such a big patio! :lol:

Beakers always looking at me funny for one reason or the other. I just hope he doesnt attack me for farting :lol:

Youre a speed weeder!

Aren't they just ducky?  My friend got those at a garage sale.  I'll put them in mom's yard for her birthday.  I don't think I'll make them little hats but I will put party beads on their necks to festive them up some.

That's 4 inches of mulch that allows me to speed weed.  It's way hotter here today too.  I'm hoping to get to the garden this evening and work on my path around the greenhouse.  It's a total mess.  I'm working my way around the building.

59 minutes ago, cineater said:

Aren't they just ducky?  My friend got those at a garage sale.  I'll put them in mom's yard for her birthday.  I don't think I'll make them little hats but I will put party beads on their necks to festive them up some.

That's 4 inches of mulch that allows me to speed weed.  It's way hotter here today too.  I'm hoping to get to the garden this evening and work on my path around the greenhouse.  It's a total mess.  I'm working my way around the building.

Perfectly ducky! I called it about a birthday goosing! Give them some NOLA beads?? :awesomeface:

Im dreading going out to garden today. Sounds like you are kicking ass! I did finally clean out my fridge though.

Masks become mandatory for all indoor public spaces today. Sucks with the heat especially.