Gardening

Gracii Guns

1 hour ago, cineater said:

I'm excited about those.  There's a white one with a purple face but I just don't have any room for it.

They really are special. My echinacea are so thirsty all the time! I think I lost my tiny cabbage to this heat wave. Watering every day but in hauling jars of water Im sure I water more conservatively then I would otherwise. Luckily the class on cool weather plants told me that cabbage doesnt like heat, so its not as bad as like loosing a tomato to heat.

Well the gas company has been here and Craig is still here looking for that one tiny leak.  They found the big one but the gas company had to run off to an emergency and left him to finish up.

Id been confident it would be a quicker fix. Hope its taken care of now. The other day I was sitting at a picnic table shaving wood for tinder. Was there for a while before the wind changed direction and I could tell that the BBQ right next to me was leaking propane. I had my flint stone sitting right there and would have struck it to test my tinder, just minutes later!! Freaks me out thinking about it now.

Waiting until the garden is under shade to head over there again.

He can't find the little leak.  We're going to call the gas company on Monday and have them come out with the sniffer.  If I start to smell gas again, I'll just turn it off.  Yes that would mean I can use my gas stove. :lol:  Do they have a hysterical laughter smiley?

I'm going to the garden tomorrow morning but I'm getting One More Saturday Night!

43 minutes ago, cineater said:

He can't find the little leak.  We're going to call the gas company on Monday and have them come out with the sniffer.  If I start to smell gas again, I'll just turn it off.  Yes that would mean I can use my gas stove. :lol:  Do they have a hysterical laughter smiley?

I'm going to the garden tomorrow morning but I'm getting One More Saturday Night!

Wait you can or can’t use your gas stove? I can’t tell if you mean that you have a gas stove that you then couldn’t use. Or if you have like a little Coleman camp stove that you would then get to use instead?

Either way, what a ducking hassle. I just want this to all be settled for you.

i am primed for the show!!!

10 minutes ago, cineater said:

It's been a few hours since Craig left and I haven't smelled anything in the house.  The gas to the house is on so I have cooking and hot water.  I want this all to be settled for me. :lol:

Fingers crossed its all fixed!

I would love a gas stove. Although I cook with means other than conventional stoves lately anyways.

Oh, 7/7/18 ?! Thats supposed to have the best space drums ever!!! 

Spoiler

Just kidding!! :lol::lol:

25 minutes ago, cineater said:

Now you've got me wondering what was the best performance of space and drums. :lol:

There actually was a really great one featured in the Prime series. They had a section about Space and Drums that was actually really powerful and made me see it differently for a second. This take was from early 70s I believe. 

They talked about it being like initiation rituals from tribal peoples and connecting back to the very earliest types of music that humans made, yada yada yada. Either way, Im pretty sure its mostly just two farts sitting around playing all of their drums just to justify lugging them all around. And it just takes that long for all the other older dudes to get their pisses out before returning to the stage :lol::smiley-confused2:

Jack Straw sounded good! That song is one of the ones I remember really catching my attention when I didnt know them yet.

Edited by soon

The drummers matching lil' pot bellies are super cute though! 

Bobby's outfit is almost like the mullet of outfits - business up top and party down bellow. Collared shirt paired with baggy cargo shorts.

Im digging this Ramblin Rose!

42 minutes ago, cineater said:

I'm running my first dishwasher full.

Oh - you couldnt use your dishwasher this entire time either??

45 minutes ago, cineater said:

"Something is fucked up", lol.

No dishwasher this whole time.  I've been heating water on the stove and doing them by hand.

Cumberland Blues!

(Sorry for delay, got caught up in a baking jam, while listening)

Their stand up routines during that break! lol Can you imagine if they actually played Your Body Is A Wonderland like Mayer joked? haha

Oh no - my little dishwasher takes in cold water.

Sugar Magnolia!!!

Edited by soon

I'm cleaning.  It's funny, you'd think I'd be all upset at the house being torn up.  It's the too many people!  Yesterday, Claudia just grabs and hugs me for my birthday.  WTF, you ever hear of covid?

I must be getting use to Mayer.  He really took this music and made it his own and he clearly likes it.

I have a head full of seeds again. :lol:  Fucking columbine.

Edited by cineater

22 minutes ago, cineater said:

I'm cleaning.  It's funny, you'd think I'd be all upset at the house being torn up.  It's the too many people!  Yesterday, Claudia just grabs and hugs me for my birthday.  WTF, you ever hear of covid?

I must be getting use to Mayer.  He really took this music and made it his own and he clearly likes it.

I have a head full of seeds again. :lol:  Fucking columbine.

People are the worst! :lol: Hope she wasnt infected.

I was definitely starting to get comfortable with Mayer but he's all blinged out and showing off his sneakers tonight. Maybe thats why the keyboard player moved to the other side of the stage? lol

Well, thats piss break for me then... fucking space drums!! :lol:

Good concert.  I think after I work in the garden tomorrow I'm going to come home and paint the closet.  I know Craig is suppose to do it but the water heater is taking up all his time.  If I finish painting, he can zoom through the rest of the bathrooms.

14 hours ago, cineater said:

Good concert.  I think after I work in the garden tomorrow I'm going to come home and paint the closet.  I know Craig is suppose to do it but the water heater is taking up all his time.  If I finish painting, he can zoom through the rest of the bathrooms.

Good show. I slept in till noon after staying up for the whole show!

I hope that garden work has gone well and is not too hot. Great idea to help speed things along by painting. I cant even imagine what Sweet Murder Spree would do if I were painting walls. But I think there might be a paw print left on the floor when all was said and done lol.

What did you get up to at the garden?

edit: you got another JGB track for me to check out?? :) 

Edited by soon

I just worked on my one bed.  Took me 4 hours with Leslie helping a little bit.  And then I sold some plants right out of the hoop house. :lol:  And then I came home and power washed half the house.  Clark came over and I sold more plants.  We had a who is filthier contest.  I won.  :lol:  I will be trying that bathtub here in a little bit.

Dave is coming over with his sniffer and we are going to see if we can find the gas leak.  I haven't smelled anything in the house.

There is almost enough paint to do what I need but if we are going to have to buy more paint, maybe we need to go with a lighter color.  I'm going to wait and see what Craig says.  I did paint the trim.  Lily supervised. 

And Marsha is coming over with another order.

At least I'm getting done what I need to. :lol:  You'll have to google Jerry for tunes.  There's a lot the Dead did but he covered a lot they didn't.

2 hours ago, cineater said:

I just worked on my one bed.  Took me 4 hours with Leslie helping a little bit.  And then I sold some plants right out of the hoop house. :lol:  And then I came home and power washed half the house.  Clark came over and I sold more plants.  We had a who is filthier contest.  I won.  :lol:  I will be trying that bathtub here in a little bit.

Dave is coming over with his sniffer and we are going to see if we can find the gas leak.  I haven't smelled anything in the house.

There is almost enough paint to do what I need but if we are going to have to buy more paint, maybe we need to go with a lighter color.  I'm going to wait and see what Craig says.  I did paint the trim.  Lily supervised. 

And Marsha is coming over with another order.

At least I'm getting done what I need to. :lol:  You'll have to google Jerry for tunes.  There's a lot the Dead did but he covered a lot they didn't.

Soon you wont be able to go grocery shopping with out taking plant orders! :lol:

You dont wanna show me Jerry? :question:  Its cool, I can see you are super busy! Lay Down Sally was cool when I just listened.

My grow lights are not in use for the first time in a while. Its kinda neat and Im also looking forward to starting some stuff shortly.

I forgot to mention we got a call from the highway patrol.  The have more pot growing equipment for us.

My new tub is perfect with the slope on the back.  The gas sniffer didn't detect any gas leaks.  Don't know if that's good or not.  The gas guy said the pressure indicator said there was a small leak.

Marsha has two more orders.  The plant sale that never ends.

Edited by cineater

14 hours ago, cineater said:

I forgot to mention we got a call from the highway patrol.  The have more pot growing equipment for us.

My new tub is perfect with the slope on the back.  The gas sniffer didn't detect any gas leaks.  Don't know if that's good or not.  The gas guy said the pressure indicator said there was a small leak.

Marsha has two more orders.  The plant sale that never ends.

So frustrating about the leak!

theres something off about cops stealing people’s equipment based on it being illegal, but then they can still legally give you the equipment.

maybe you will win the Guinness record for longest plant sale?!

I went up to get some Siberian Iris from the hoop house a girl ordered.  Full of weeds!  You should always bare root the plants you buy so you don't put weedy soil from the pot into your yard.  This is a prime example.

I have a new plan for the weekly featured perennial plant that's for sale.  If we open up to 50 people the orders can be picked up at the hoop house on Saturday mornings.  I can then show them all the other plants we have for sale while they pick up their order.  I have some here but there are way more up there.  And it gets all the plants out f my yard.

4 hours ago, cineater said:

I went up to get some Siberian Iris from the hoop house a girl ordered.  Full of weeds!  You should always bare root the plants you buy so you don't put weedy soil from the pot into your yard.  This is a prime example.

I have a new plan for the weekly featured perennial plant that's for sale.  If we open up to 50 people the orders can be picked up at the hoop house on Saturday mornings.  I can then show them all the other plants we have for sale while they pick up their order.  I have some here but there are way more up there.  And it gets all the plants out f my yard.

Sounds like a great plan! You need your house back!

So annoying about the weeds. Reminds me of those hippy chives that came with beans mixed in, last year. :facepalm: Im still getting beans popping up in random places.

edit: yeah, your new tub looks so comfortable. Glad it is!! 

Edited by soon

They are getting so close to being done.  Don't think it will happen today but for sure tomorrow.

I saw we had some gray headed coneflower up there so I had to go back to get it and of course had it sold within the hour. :lol:  We're getting a little bit of rain.  I've been moving some of plants around into my regular pots that I had put the cool season crops in.  Take my word for it, once your lettuce bolts, don't taste it. :wacko:

Got my GNR crew nation shirt.

Edited by cineater

They are getting so close to being done.  Don't think it will happen today but for sure tomorrow.

I saw we had some gray headed coneflower up there so I had to go back to get it and of course had it sold within the hour. :lol:  We're getting a little bit of rain.  I've been moving some of plants around into my regular pots that I had put the cool season crops in.  Take my word for it, once your lettuce bolts, don't taste it. :wacko:

Got my GNR crew nation shirt.

I hadnt seen those shirts - too cool! Great initiative! Another reason to think maybe Axl pays attention to the Dead??

I really hope they can wrap it up for you by tomorrow! Will be nice for you to get some down time when your at home instead of both hosting people and meeting plant order people. And having your place turned up side down by both of those things too.

We got some rain too!! Not much but at least it broke the heat. Id already watered anyways. Grey head cornflower sounds neat, so of course it was sold :lol:. Luckily Ive never been confronted with bolted lettuce to eat - is it more fibre-ey and woody? Or, I guess the leafy greens of the plant would be slowly dying as the plant sends all its energy to bolt and seed?