Gardening

Gracii Guns

14 minutes ago, cineater said:

It is great cleaning music.  They're blowing up the court with fireworks.

No idea on the bugs.  I had a herd of Japanese Beetles on my milkweed.  Probably what got the rest of my plants.  

The Women are Smarter. :lol:

The women are smarter than Mickey and Bill for sure! :lol:

Fireworks irl? Is it a holiday there?

Truckin!

Coming up on the 4th of July and people can't wait.  Why am I dusting?  We still have desert dust coming in.

My friend is making me crazy!  Today she had a tree cut down in her yard.  And now she's texting me she has the repair guys coming tomorrow because she smells mold near her sewer.  Seems like every other day she has somebody coming to fix something at her place.  Stop fixing it and just sell it!  She's making herself a nervous wreck.  She's saying she wants to sell the house without an inspection.  You're an idiot if you buy a house without an inspection.  Even worse it makes the seller look like they are hiding something if they say you have to buy without one.

Very trippy stuff here.

Edited by cineater

10 minutes ago, cineater said:

Coming up on the 4th of July and people can't wait.  Why am I dusting?  We still have desert dust coming in.

My friend is making me crazy!  Today she had a tree cut down in her yard.  And now she's texting me she has the repair guys coming tomorrow because she smells mold near her sewer.  Seems like every other day she has somebody coming to fix something at her place.  Stop fixing it and just sell it!  She's making herself a nervous wreck.  She's saying she wants to sell the house without an inspection.  You're an idiot if you buy a house without an inspection.  Even worse it makes the seller look like they are hiding something if they say you have to buy without one.

Very trippy stuff here.

Oh right, July 4th being only 8 days away and all... :axl92::headbang::lol: Sorry, but we have the whole Countries birthday thing before you and still no fireworks here, lol.

Thats the haunted house, right? Figures, hehe. Im glad Im not in a position like that, wondering how much is reasonable to spend in order to sell a property.

Trippy Watch Tower too!

The cursed house, lol.  She's always calling to have stuff fixed but it needs it so she's justified there.  It has an open house on July 17th but hopefully it sells by then.  It's actually a cute little house.  Needs some care and updating but I like it.

I missed half the show.  Hopefully I'm less distracted tomorrow.

2:00 at night and it's still hot and humid out there.  

Edited by cineater

11 hours ago, cineater said:

The cursed house, lol.  She's always calling to have stuff fixed but it needs it so she's justified there.  It has an open house on July 17th but hopefully it sells by then.  It's actually a cute little house.  Needs some care and updating but I like it.

I missed half the show.  Hopefully I'm less distracted tomorrow.

2:00 at night and it's still hot and humid out there.  

You were up late! They said they chose that show because it was the first time that they played this venue that turned into their 'home' for the last 8 years of the Dead. Thats cool and there was nothing wrong with the show. It was heavy on bar rock and low on jamming though. Almost like when Pigpen was the frontman. Between you being elsewhere and the set list I was only half way dancing and grinning. But tonight Bill will wear his best Hawaiian shirt and John Mayer his best sneakers - One More Saturday Night, please?!!?! :headbang:

Have you got your dirty rain? Sounds like the name of a Baz solo album :lol:

Im dreading going to check the garden. Supposed to rain most of the weekend. If its aphids that could help me, I believe.

I got up before 8, mowed the grass and got to the grocery store before finishing my first cup of coffee.  Planted up those little cuties and a few more so I didn't have to pot them in something bigger to over winter.  And since we had cloud cover I went for the leaf mulch.  You have pictures and I'm headed to the shower.  Craig's coming tomorrow instead and I'll be out of town so hopefully I come back to done.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

I got up before 8, mowed the grass and got to the grocery store before finishing my first cup of coffee.  Planted up those little cuties and a few more so I didn't have to pot them in something bigger to over winter.  And since we had cloud cover I went for the leaf mulch.  You have pictures and I'm headed to the shower.  Craig's coming tomorrow instead and I'll be out of town so hopefully I come back to done.

Sounds nice! Those little cuties are incredible. Those little bell shaped flowers. The grounds look great. Day Lillies look so tidy. And I cant believe how much leaf mulch you got!!! Thanks for the great pics!

Oh and I just saw your new hat. Awesome!! Lol :headbang:I want one of those!

Hope you enjoyed your shower, is the water as hot as you like it now? It'll be done when you get home tomorrow.

I still feel like crap and did nothing. A bit of rain. Was nice to get those pictures.

Once it hits like 5pm the show anticipation starts to kick in!!

My yard smells organic. :lol:  Takes a few days for that to calm down.  Del gave me that hat and he's going to order one for each of our new trainees.  He's a good guy.  How long do I have to go without bitching about him for that? :lol:

The water is nice and hot now that it is at 140.  Might be a little too hot but I can adjust for that.  How long does it take for food poisoning to pass?  Hopefully you are better tomorrow.

It keeps trying to rain here.  Looks like we have a better chance tonight.  Hope so, we really need it.  Back in a bit.

https://nugs.tv/free/?showID=231

23 minutes ago, cineater said:

My yard smells organic. :lol:  Takes a few days for that to calm down.  Del gave me that hat and he's going to order one for each of our new trainees.  He's a good guy.  How long do I have to go without bitching about him for that? :lol:

The water is nice and hot now that it is at 140.  Might be a little too hot but I can adjust for that.  How long does it take for food poisoning to pass?  Hopefully you are better tomorrow.

It keeps trying to rain here.  Looks like we have a better chance tonight.  Hope so, we really need it.  Back in a bit.

https://nugs.tv/free/?showID=231

Sugar magnolia! Thanks for link.

Organic as in like manure? :lol:

It just meant I was sick for a day and night, didnt sleep or eat. So now Im weak. I feel horrible though, so hopefully its not something else. 

We barely get any rain even though its looked like it should be raining all day.

5 minutes ago, cineater said:

Eat something.  You know I'm loaded with cheese after my trip to the store today.

Earthy smell.

They sound a little flat and Bobby's voice is rough.

Lucky duck! I want cheese! I think I have two american cheese slices. I managed to eat a tiny bit today. Had some scrambled eggs and it made me feel queasy. I need to get something in me before bed though. I cant believe how bad I feel - almost like Im worse then when I was sick.

Sorry, I must have forgotten what you did to your yard? To you leaf mulch it?

Yeah, poor Bobby sounds out of shape, vocally. Maybe Mayers boots are ruining the show? lol. Those there are 'Instagram Influencer' level boots :lol: And the pianist has agin decided to move to the other side of the stage, hehe.

I hate to say it, but they really do sound flat dont they? Also, Im starting to notice that the versions that Bobby plays with his bands are basically the versions that Dead and Co play - like this Peggy O. I like it and all, but it seems not very Dead to me to have someone be so in charge of the sound?

4 minutes ago, cineater said:

I'm starting to cover my beds with leaf mulch.  The black you saw around the hosta bed is the leaf mulch.  It really makes the plants pop and the ground look fertile.

I planted these today:

digitalis-thapsi-pat.hayward_plant_selec

These are gorgeous! I like that white pattern on the inside of the blooms. What are they called?

Oh I didnt notice that some of the pics were from your place - I see that now. It really does make them pop and the ground look fertile. Nice!

Im glad you got to keep some of that awesome coleus.

There bassist is very talented and cool, but his playing isnt ever as energetic as Phils imho. So when the band is tired they already have that going anyways. Dudes pretty tame on the Organ compared to Bret too.

That is Foxglove Spanish Peaks.  Not a native but other Foxgloves are.  Those I put at the gardens.  And transplanted some cockscomb.  Mostly I was dashing for the leaf mulch.  It came in pretty clean.  A lot of the time it has recycle trash in it.

Even bad, the music carries the concert through.

3 minutes ago, cineater said:

That is Foxglove Spanish Peaks.  Not a native but other Foxgloves are.  Those I put at the gardens.  And transplanted some cockscomb.  Mostly I was dashing for the leaf mulch.  It came in pretty clean.  A lot of the time it has recycle trash in it.

Even bad, the music carries the concert through.

Absolutely the music carries it. Did you follow/listen to any of the other post Jerry Dead bands? Like The Other Ones, The Dead or Further?

Foxglove Spanish Peaks. Will have to remember that one. 

That would be annoying to sort through mulch for recycling debris!

I've been having trouble listening to the concerts, lol.  Didn't listen to any of those.  I got busy.  I'm gone all day tomorrow.  Next week I have to get this house in order and mom's coming to visit.  I'm thinking about doing the crack of dawn thing at the gardens.  The nights here are too hot to go up there and I'll need to get out of there by 10.  Good thing I have two showers. :lol:

18 minutes ago, cineater said:

I've been having trouble listening to the concerts, lol.  Didn't listen to any of those.  I got busy.  I'm gone all day tomorrow.  Next week I have to get this house in order and mom's coming to visit.  I'm thinking about doing the crack of dawn thing at the gardens.  The nights here are too hot to go up there and I'll need to get out of there by 10.  Good thing I have two showers. :lol:

Well at least you are back in time for Franklins Tower!

Where are you off to tomorrow, if you dont mind my asking?

Yeah, you've got a full plate. Your Mom will be pleased with your new washrooms I bet!

So hot and sticky here now too. Not helping me feel any better.

We're doing Father's Day with the ex.  It's our turn to go see him and take him out to eat.  I was hoping to power wash the kid's patio this weekend but I think it's going to be too hot once we get back.

Marsha brought me two more plant sale orders.  There's a few more out there.  Doesn't look like we will be wrapping this up any time soon. :lol:  I'm meeting Donna sometime this week to take back what I have at home to go to the hoop house.  I'll be bringing home a dozen or so hostas in the big pots to keep under my trees this summer.  The hoop house is shaded but it's kind of hot for them up there.

I know that heat and humidity came on and I had to run for the house.  It wasn't even cool enough at 2 at night.

Little pause there to get it together, lol.

20 minutes ago, cineater said:

We're doing Father's Day with the ex.  It's our turn to go see him and take him out to eat.  I was hoping to power wash the kid's patio this weekend but I think it's going to be too hot once we get back.

Marsha brought me two more plant sale orders.  There's a few more out there.  Doesn't look like we will be wrapping this up any time soon. :lol:  I'm meeting Donna sometime this week to take back what I have at home to go to the hoop house.  I'll be bringing home a dozen or so hostas in the big pots to keep under my trees this summer.  The hoop house is shaded but it's kind of hot for them up there.

I know that heat and humidity came on and I had to run for the house.  It wasn't even cool enough at 2 at night.

Little pause there to get it together, lol.

Oh that’s nice. To bad it’s not in your town so you can go back for that warm honey peacan salad!

Youre like I am with my new drill - you want to power wash everything! Haha! Sometimes when I’m doing emails I’ll just hold it in one hand and rev it. Vroom vroom :lol:

the plant sale will never end! Are the hostas in those huge 60 gallon tubs? Hehe

I wonder how they choose what shows they stream?