Gardening

Gracii Guns

48 minutes ago, cineater said:

And you know I had to screw around with Mike.

Masks are mandatory in the neighboring county for all spaces.  We'll probably go to that too at some point.

Ill have to shave or else I have beard sticking out all around the mask :lol:

What did Mike think? lol

Those fluffy white aphids (?) still on my echinacea. But so are Japanese Lady Bug, Overflies and spiders. When I went to pinch some aphids and some flew off, a hover fly swooped right in and got one! Was awesome! :headbang:

I didn't think about guys with beards and masks.  I bet a lot of them are getting sacrificed.

lol, don't know what Mike thought.  He wakes up and goes straight to work.  It's best not to talk to him until his dinner break.  He was out there a while before he left so he was probably taking pictures.  It will give him something to text Sandy about.  They are having a little out.  Sandy doesn't want to hang with him because he won't wear a mask when he goes gambling.

One advantage to having your vision shot is you don't see things like that. :lol:  Just waiting for it to cool off so I can go to the gardens.  The police are bringing their donation on Thursday of confiscated pot growing lights. 

1 hour ago, cineater said:

I didn't think about guys with beards and masks.  I bet a lot of them are getting sacrificed.

lol, don't know what Mike thought.  He wakes up and goes straight to work.  It's best not to talk to him until his dinner break.  He was out there a while before he left so he was probably taking pictures.  It will give him something to text Sandy about.  They are having a little out.  Sandy doesn't want to hang with him because he won't wear a mask when he goes gambling.

One advantage to having your vision shot is you don't see things like that. :lol:  Just waiting for it to cool off so I can go to the gardens.  The police are bringing their donation on Thursday of confiscated pot growing lights. 

Maybe the virus could tackle the issue of man-buns, too? lol

Sounds like a great little pick-me-up for Mike! Thats a very specific kinda pandemic conflict they are having - thats too bad. I ran into a friend I hadnt seen in a minute today and they commented on how nice it was to see me in a mask once again :lol:

I thought it was so cool to see the hover fly snatch the aphid for me! Im one with nature, Cin :lol:

Mike called on his dinner break laughing.  And then we had to go into the whole carpet cleaner thing again.  His dad is leaving town tomorrow for a week.  Okay, I'll just do it then.  No, his dad wants to be there when I'm using it.  WTF?

The path around the green house is so full of weeds I decided I'm done screwing with it.  It's time to take out all of the wood chips that have deteriorated to dirt and replace the whole thing.  This is going to take forever but it's needed to be done for a while now.

12 hours ago, cineater said:

Mike called on his dinner break laughing.  And then we had to go into the whole carpet cleaner thing again.  His dad is leaving town tomorrow for a week.  Okay, I'll just do it then.  No, his dad wants to be there when I'm using it.  WTF?

The path around the green house is so full of weeds I decided I'm done screwing with it.  It's time to take out all of the wood chips that have deteriorated to dirt and replace the whole thing.  This is going to take forever but it's needed to be done for a while now.

Hahaha! Glad he liked it. lol. Mike and his Dad sound like a comedy duo!

Sounds like a huge job. And rather miserable in this heat. Are you gonna start on that right away?

Changed my mind. :lol:  I'm going to finish the section I started and roundup the rest.  It's getting way too hot out there.  I'll work on it in the fall.

I didn't even bring up the carpet cleaner, he did.  Obviously they have a thing about the machine they are never going to use again.  I'm just going to borrow my daughter's.  It's not as good but it will get the job done.  Out of this weirdness. :lol:

Did you get your invite for tomorrow night?  My friend tried to sign up and it's sold out.

25 minutes ago, cineater said:

Changed my mind. :lol:  I'm going to finish the section I started and roundup the rest.  It's getting way too hot out there.  I'll work on it in the fall.

I didn't even bring up the carpet cleaner, he did.  Obviously they have a thing about the machine they are never going to use again.  I'm just going to borrow my daughter's.  It's not as good but it will get the job done.  Out of this weirdness. :lol:

Did you get your invite for tomorrow night?  My friend tried to sign up and it's sold out.

I did get my invite yes!! Thanks!!! I’m really looking forward to tomorrow’s class! :headbang:

youve got your friends birthday dinner today! So you might not wanna weed all day before that. I’m surprised how cool it is on my shady balcony - I might stay here all day! Hopefully none of the poisonous spiders get me! Lol

okay, but you have to be correct - there is some weird energy between them and that machine. I’m inclined to encourage you to follow this bizarre journey to its conclusion. Find out what’s going on here.... and tell me all about it! :lol:

No garden for me today.  I'm meeting Marsha tomorrow morning at 7.

I got an invite to the Extension Counsel meeting tomorrow night.  I'm not going.  They want us to wear masks the whole time we are on property.  I made another suggestion and called Kevin to see if he would go to represent us and of course he won't.  At least they are going to let us go to 50 people at one time so I won't have to schedule folks.

I am not doing carpet cleaner drama.  It would be just my luck the damn thing would break.

The birthday plans got all changed around due to the heat.  We're going to her house but then again she rarely turns on the AC so how does that make any sense?  And my friend who got the ducks wants to go with me to set them up but she doesn't want my daughter to go because she works with covid patients.  It's her grandma!  All my friends have gone a little crazy at the same time. :lol:

Am at garden. Finished watering, so.... boring! Lol

I can picture it now, Kevin rises to speak; “on behalf of the master gardeners, I’d like to...ahhhhhhh” as he trips and falls into the refreshment table, sending fruit punch airborne! :lol:

im happy to learn that you won’t need to schedule people. That’s the last hassle you needed.

your life should be a reality show - what a colourful cast of characters!! :lol: I hope it’s a great time none the less :headbang:

We got cloud cover and I ran up there to finish the path and clean up my daylily bed.  Cut out just as the thunder and lightning started.  Just a passing pop up storm.  Got a little rain at home.  I am soaked from sweat.  Good thing I have a shower.  :lol:

Get out of the shower and go walk into my daughter's room to get a shirt.  Oh yeah, they are back in my closet. :lol:

Edited by cineater

1 hour ago, cineater said:

We got cloud cover and I ran up there to finish the path and clean up my daylily bed.  Cut out just as the thunder and lightning started.  Just a passing pop up storm.  Got a little rain at home.  I am soaked from sweat.  Good thing I have a shower.  :lol:

Get out of the shower and go walk into my daughter's room to get a shirt.  Oh yeah, they are back in my closet. :lol:

You got your showers back just in time! :lol: We still havent gotten our forecasted storm. Has smelled like rain for well over an hour though.

Haha, Id make that same sort of mistake after all that time too. Or when you use your lips to reach for a non-existent straw in your cup? :lol:

Me and them hover flies are kicking the aphids ass!!

* "Me and them hover flies" - would be the perfect band name! :lol:

Perfect band name. :lol:

Got to the garden at 6:15 to meet Marsha.  We were spraying roundup before it got too hot.  Long pants, long sleeves and plastic boots.  Not too bad but I hate having wet clothing just hanging off me while I'm trying to work.  Sprayed the path around the greenhouse.  Weeded the other side of the building.  So proud of my beds it takes so little to weed them.  The biggest problem is the edges don't get mowed close enough or weed wacked.  I need to do those and some deadheading.

So it's all going really well until I look at my one bed.  The whole hill is covered in rock and shit dirt, big pile of it.  Something, most likely a groundhog, tunneled its way in under the mower shed.  Buried all my liriope.  Tough stuff, it will come back but I have a mess to clean up and now all that shit rock dirt in my bed.

Marsha looked through our financial statements and it looks like the plant sale did about 9700.  Not bad, we usually do 15000.  We didn't do any tomatoes or peppers and that's usually a third of the sales.  We have the gardens on no spending which usually comes in at 6500.  So we're pretty much normal.

Edited by cineater

33 minutes ago, cineater said:

Got to the garden at 6:15 to meet Marsha.  We were spraying roundup before it got too hot.  

And Jerry wept. :P j/k

34 minutes ago, cineater said:

Long pants, long sleeves and plastic boots.  Not too bad but I hate having wet clothing just hanging off me while I'm trying to work.  Sprayed the path around the greenhouse.  Weeded the other side of the building.  So proud of my beds it takes so little to weed them.  The biggest problem is the edges don't get mowed close enough or weed wacked.  I need to do those and some deadheading.

You needed protective clothing?

I bet your beds are in good shape!

I was listening to the dead while I was harvesting chamomile. A noob asked me what I was doing and I described it as "deadheading" of course. I watched their facial expression as they calculated in their mind "He's listening to the dead.... so he's saying that what he's doing is being a deadhead? I meant to ask what he's doing to those flowers." :lol:

39 minutes ago, cineater said:

So it's all going really well until I look at my one bed.  The whole hill is covered in rock and shit dirt, big pile of it.  Something, most likely a groundhog, tunneled its way in under the mower shed.  Buried all my liriope.  Tough stuff, it will come back but I have a mess to clean up and now all that shit rock dirt in my bed.

Oh no! That sucks! I was justing watching the Caddy Shack music video for Im Alright (Loggins) with that drama ground hog in it raising hell!

What rascals they are! Im glad the Liriope is a tough one.

42 minutes ago, cineater said:

Marsha looked through our financial statements and it looks like the plant sale did about 9700.  Not bad, we usually do 15000.  We didn't do any tomatoes or peppers and that's usually a third of the sales.  We have the gardens on no spending which usually comes in at 6500.  So we're pretty much normal.

You did it! You saved the operation! You two are rock stars!!! F'n incredible!

"Not bad" you say. Your life was turned upside down and you aced it! :headbang: Simone and Lily should be proud too!

You don't want to get that stuff on your skin or let it soak into your shoes.  Anytime you spray a chemical you should be covered up.

Craig has a trap and Joe is willing to relocate it.  And I get to clean up the mess. :lol:

We got our drug lights but they are the big industrial ones and we don't need any more of them.  A few timers and and power stripes were all we could use.  Marsha will get a hold of some other greenhouses to see if they can use them.

Yeah, Marsha and I carried that whole plant sale.  We heard the creek project is going forward in the fall.  We'll see but we've got the money to give them for it.

Don't forget we have class tonight.

29 minutes ago, cineater said:

You don't want to get that stuff on your skin or let it soak into your shoes.  Anytime you spray a chemical you should be covered up.

Craig has a trap and Joe is willing to relocate it.  And I get to clean up the mess. :lol:

We got our drug lights but they are the big industrial ones and we don't need any more of them.  A few timers and and power stripes were all we could use.  Marsha will get a hold of some other greenhouses to see if they can use them.

Yeah, Marsha and I carried that whole plant sale.  We heard the creek project is going forward in the fall.  We'll see but we've got the money to give them for it.

Don't forget we have class tonight.

Im excited for class!

Theres a chipmunk whose got a whole right out my back door. He pops his head up whenever he hears me coming. 

I hope you had a nice time with your birthday friend. Did it get weird about the person who didnt want to attend?

I hope the creek project can go ahead!

Class starts at 6:30 my time.  It's scheduled for 3 hours!  I hope that is question and answer time.

Has Beaker seen him?  He'd probably have a great time watching the chipmunk.

Birthday party went well until she was showing us around the house as it goes up for sale on Friday.  I look out the window, apparently she doesn't even look at the yard, and there is a big branch down in the backyard.  Parts of it are sticking up out of the ground.  Look at the tree it came from and it's really dead.  Should have had that one removed years ago.  And of course we are expecting storms so now she's freaked.  She must not have been home when that came down because you definitely would have heard it.  We cleaned it up but that's going to make the inspection list.

56 minutes ago, cineater said:

Class starts at 6:30 my time.  It's scheduled for 3 hours!  I hope that is question and answer time.

Has Beaker seen him?  He'd probably have a great time watching the chipmunk.

Birthday party went well until she was showing us around the house as it goes up for sale on Friday.  I look out the window, apparently she doesn't even look at the yard, and there is a big branch down in the backyard.  Parts of it are sticking up out of the ground.  Look at the tree it came from and it's really dead.  Should have had that one removed years ago.  And of course we are expecting storms so now she's freaked.  She must not have been home when that came down because you definitely would have heard it.  We cleaned it up but that's going to make the inspection list.

Thanks for the time zone clarification - I thought it was 7:30 your time! 3 hours!!?? Dang!

Sadly for Beaker, the chipmunk is kinda around the corner a bit. 

That sounds very difficult to miss a fallen branch like that! Hope she can get it sorted in time!

It probably just came down but she did know about that tree.  They will work it out at closing.  I'll have her cat Benny staying with me if a lot of people are coming to see the house.  I imagine she will have people all weekend.  He'll be in the plant room.

1 minute ago, cineater said:

It probably just came down but she did know about that tree.  They will work it out at closing.  I'll have her cat Benny staying with me if a lot of people are coming to see the house.  I imagine she will have people all weekend.  He'll be in the plant room.

I see. What a stress to have added to the rest of the sales process. Good thing the other up grades were only $20!

Benny! And now he'll even have room to move in the paint room! The girls wont mix with him?

I had one of those wild looking caterpillars in my house the other day. Ashamed to admit that it kinda freaked me out. :lol: it had a fluorescent green Mohawk and all this stuff!

good thing I took him back out side. So that a bird can eat it and get extra sexy as a result. Who knew!?!? Too cool!

Edited by soon

They will grow on your balcony and you can collect seeds and just spread them around.

Caterpillars are so cool!  Some of them are just freaky cool looking.  They are the rock stars of the bug world. 

Did you write down that website for plant selection?

Edited by cineater