Gardening

Gracii Guns

13 minutes ago, cineater said:

Bet you can't get that close to that these days.

It was kind of not cool to wear sunglasses in the 70's.  We had to be sold on the idea. :lol:

I know they let the Dead crawl all over the pyramids like its their playground!

I thought shades were cool in the 70s??!!??

Im loving the vocal mix!

5 minutes ago, soon said:

I know they let the Dead crawl all over the pyramids like its their playground!

I thought shades were cool in the 70s??!!??

Im loving the vocal mix!

No.  The only people who wore glasses needed to wear glasses.  There was a big push to get people to wear sunglasses, commercials, advertising towards the end of the 70's.  You notice in the vacation clips only Jerry is wearing sunglasses and he's a glasses wearer.  I can't imagine being in the desert now and no sunglasses.

They are sounding good.  Wonder what the audience thinks of them?  They seem to be playing more to themselves then the crowd.  Not even looking out to the audience.

22 minutes ago, cineater said:

No.  The only people who wore glasses needed to wear glasses.  There was a big push to get people to wear sunglasses, commercials, advertising towards the end of the 70's.  You notice in the vacation clips only Jerry is wearing sunglasses and he's a glasses wearer.  I can't imagine being in the desert now and no sunglasses.

They are sounding good.  Wonder what the audience thinks of them?  They seem to be playing more to themselves then the crowd.  Not even looking out to the audience.

There's ads I see on screen saying to wear these yellow-lensed glasses when using a computer. I dont though. Maybe its similar?

Is this space and drums? This chant?

I think they might be shy due to culture shock, so they aren't connecting with the audience as much?

23 minutes ago, soon said:

There's ads I see on screen saying to wear these yellow-lensed glasses when using a computer. I dont though. Maybe its similar?

Is this space and drums? This chant?

I think they might be shy due to culture shock, so they aren't connecting with the audience as much?

I was thinking that too. :lol:  Precursor to space and drums. 

Making coffee.  Switching half decafe.  I may be a little off the next few days. :lol:

Edited by cineater

22 minutes ago, cineater said:

I was thinking that too. :lol:  Precursor to space and drums. 

Making coffee.  Switching half decafe.  I may be a little off the next few days. :lol:

Coffee?? You're hardcore! They're playing trucking just for you :lol:

I'm so pro-Donna :headbang:

Fuck me! Its late and Im blaring the Dead and dancing! Whoops! :lol:

Edited by soon

11 hours ago, cineater said:

I know, you made the whole show.  That was pretty special.

Great show! Im so happy we got to see Dead play the pyramids together :headbang:Legendary!

Bobby dressed like an Osmond :lol:

I dont get why Mickey and co talk poorly about this show? I thought it was amazing! What a great tribute to Jerry. This might mean that the woodstock performance that they slag is also really good?!?

I dropped as soon as the show ended. You must have been up for hours drinking coffee??

I haven't seen the Woodstock performance either.  I stay up till after midnight.  I also drink coffee all day long. :lol:  My blood pressure has been running high so I'm taking some steps to see if I can bring it down before I call the doctor about it.  Reducing my caffeine intake.  It's not something I notice because I drink so much coffee but now I'm cutting it out I may notice it.

I invited my new garden club over for watermelon.  We'll just social distance on the driveway and enjoy each other's company.  I guess I better do some finger lunch food too.  Haven't really got to know this group.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

I haven't seen the Woodstock performance either.  I stay up till after midnight.  I also drink coffee all day long. :lol:  My blood pressure has been running high so I'm taking some steps to see if I can bring it down before I call the doctor about it.  Reducing my caffeine intake.  It's not something I notice because I drink so much coffee but now I'm cutting it out I may notice it.

I invited my new garden club over for watermelon.  We'll just social distance on the driveway and enjoy each other's company.  I guess I better do some finger lunch food too.  Haven't really got to know this group.

Maybe they'll give us woodstock before they wrap?? You must have been wired! :lol: That second set had some dizzying jams!! My word! I was wired from the jams alone!

Im at a loss here... So your saying that you've reduced your coffee in take.... so now you 'only' drink it all day and half the night? Am I getting that right? :lol:

Ive had to monitor blood pressure at home a few times. And was able to see improvements with out meds. Keep up your efforts! Please make sure to sanitize the blood pressure readers at the pharmacy beforehand if you use them :) Wish you all the best about this, Cin. 

That sounds like so much fun! And perfect to have regional grown watermelon for a garden club too! I hope you have a great time!

I think Beaker can note my sarcasm. He sometimes calls me to him but not to interact - he just wants me there while he grooms :lol: He gently pushes my hand away if I try to pet him during grooming. So he's licking his butt and then starts licking my hand. I sarcastically say "thanks butt-tongue is just what I wanted" to which he bit me and gave me a sharp glare before returning to licking me :lol:

Is he saying your hand smells like cat butt and needs cleaning? :lol:  With Brian being out in his yard doing shit the girls are staying close to home.  I'm still drinking the same amount of coffee just a blend with half the caffeine.  Was the flower girls the last show of the my dream farm series?  Said he visits 6 families but I'm only seeing 5 episodes?

Bobby is the guest next Friday and that's the last show for Shakedown Stream.  That leaves us with Mayer.  I know you're thrilled. :lol:

Sent you pictures of what I dug up for the kids.  Karen is thrilled with the black eyed susans.  They're only accent plants.  Still don't know what they are looking for in anchor plants.  They don't know what they are looking for in landscape plants. :lol:  That's my garden wagon in the one picture.  Love that wagon.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Is he saying your hand smells like cat butt and needs cleaning? :lol:  With Brian being out in his yard doing shit the girls are staying close to home.  I'm still drinking the same amount of coffee just a blend with half the caffeine.  Was the flower girls the last show of the my dream farm series?  Said he visits 6 families but I'm only seeing 5 episodes?

Bobby is the guest next Friday and that's the last show for Shakedown Stream.  That leaves us with Mayer.  I know you're thrilled. :lol:

Sent you pictures of what I dug up for the kids.  Karen is thrilled with the black eyed susans.  They're only accent plants.  Still don't know what they are looking for in anchor plants.  They don't know what they are looking for in landscape plants. :lol:  That's my garden wagon in the one picture.  Love that wagon.

What a beautiful selection of native plants! Those are some nice black eyed susans! Looks like a great wagon. You know, Ive never separated a plant into two. How do you do that?

My hand doesnt smell like cat butt!! :lol: Great idea for the coffee!!

This is so sad... next week is the last one :( Bobby will be good. And that will be just 2 days before anniversary of Jerrys passing. We'll see how long I last in a Mayer-only world! :lol:

Yeah the show only had the 5 episodes. I thought he said 6 as well. I think at the end of the episode with the farmer suffering bipolar that Monty actually was the one who learned something. The its okay to farm differently according to ones abilities and still supply for ones needs. I think that dude and T knew all along that theyd forge their own path and were actually kinda being humble and giving to Monty, allowing him to catch on in his own time how they operate in the life and marriage. 

Their not all natives but I am trying to get my natives in there for them.

Lets see, Del invited a kids group from two counties away to come tour our gardens.  He didn't talk to me.  He talked to Kevin who said it was okay.  Me, the person in charge of that, is not currently doing tours because of covid, remember covid folks?  Leslie was told by me not to put a birdhouse on Marsha's fence pole before she checks with Marsha as that fence is going to be electrified.  Marsha seeing that Leslie did it anyway took it down and put it back in Leslie's garden.  She has lots of reasons why it can't be there and is sending Leslie an e-mail about it to include how disrespectful she feels about it.  Why am I doing this?  :lol:

How did I get to the wrong show?

I sent Leslie an email asking for a meeting about everybody thinking her construction is not safe.  Done messing around. 

Spying on the kids.  Caleb took Karen on a special date tonight.  Looks like he took her downtown to the new ferris wheel. 

Edited by cineater

6 minutes ago, cineater said:

How did I get to the wrong show?

1) Because its a tradition here! lol. I got it wrong more than once :lol:

2) Algorithms. They rank newness and views. So the newest, highest ranking, Saturday Night is last weeks - more peopel have watched that. So when you search "One More Saturday Night" thats what you get even though it shouldnt be that way.

3) Because the video from last week started with a count down as if it were a live feed. It makes it seem like its the live feed, because it is just blank and silent at the start like a live feed.

I am loving this set list!!! :headbang:Shake Down Street!!

I came in from nugstv.  They must have had the wrong link and fixed it.  Space cases.

The dead have always had this following that just quietly goes about loving this band.  Don't care if the rest of the world shows ups or likes it.  Don't have to sell it to us just get the words out and we're there.  What's happening with them spreads by word of mouth.